“Not my sort of place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Arlington, Texas
“Not my sort of place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

First I want to say that the room itself was not that bad except for the stained carpet. The microwave and refrigerator were fine and the bathroom was clean. The maids did a good job. We were suppose to stay for 5 nights and ended up staying for 2. There were alot of people roaming around and some living in vans in the parking lot. All seemed okay until around midnight. Then there were people walking around every where and talking loudly, and I'm sure illegal activities were happening in the room next to us. People were knocking on the doors every 15 minutes and kept us up until 3 in the morning. We received a call at 1:00 in the morning that our headlights were on...we checked and they weren't. Not sure what all that was about. I wouldn't call it a safe or family friendly place. When I told the manager I was checking out 3 days early, he never even asked why. Just refunded my money and we found another place.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel...highway noise is an all night thing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I needed to check in at 1:00 p.m. no later for an extreme appointment; shared this with the hotel. Check-in is 3:00. They could not confirm this would be possible so I paid for the prior day to insure I would have access.

When I arrived, there were very few rooms oocupied. Not a problem; my meeting was important.

They offered the wireless but were unable to provide an ethernet cable. My computer no longer has wireless. Hotel clerk suggested I go to Fry's Universe and buy a program that would allow me to be wireless. He would help He was not working when I returned with my new program.

Frankly left and checked into the Marriot nearby.

NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Whittier, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was very scary to go out after dark. lots of homeless people or worst. next door to the motel 6. i will never stay here agsain! this motel should give you some kind of refund if you are not happy with what you got.
'

Room Tip: This was an over charge for what I got.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice place, nice pool and hot tub. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was decent. The staff were friendly and helpful. There were a lot of people walking around in parking lot all hours of night. I'm not sure if they were drug dealers or bums but I didn't feel safe at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Phoenix Metro North? Share your experiences!