“vert good with pretty good rates...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)

You added Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.) to your Saves list
Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1424 North 50th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #108 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
ALBUQUERQUE
“vert good with pretty good rates...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

very clean rooms with compertable bed... pillows need to be newer, and bedspread also... could use new rugs, and thicker towels...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

room was ok.
not so clean but not sooo dirty.
same old travelodge.
staff in front desk was friendly.
buffet was ok too.
not so much items but lots of toast breads and sugar breads.
juices are 100% ones.
that's enough to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I don't remember what I paid for this hotel but I can say this. Whenever I'm busy while traveling, I simply need quick check-in, a working bath, and a comfortable sleep. This place delivers.

I spent the vast majority of my stay at the Convention Center and in Scottsdale. This location is about ten minutes from the convention center and close enough to the car rental return that I did not need to refill my tank... so long as you rent a very fuel efficient car.

Lastly, it's family run and well run. I wish the staff all the best, thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Upstairs, if possible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arrived late from the airport, and rung the bell to have the front desk come and check us in. I always feel bad waking a family up when they run a property, but the husband and wife were very nice. They check us in quickly, and onto our room we went. The room was simple and clean, no frills. The bathroom was same. This property is near the freeway, so keep that in mind when you book. It doesn't bother us though. The parking lot was clean and orderly in appearance, and it looks like they have a swimming pool which we did not use. Our check out was fast, and we were on our way. For the price and location, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Here is a place that you get what you need at a price long forgotten. I stayed here for 12 nights at $60 a night. I got a clean room, a comfortable bed, a shower/bath with great water pressure and plenty of hot water, a color TV with plenty of channels including HBO, a refrigerator and microwave, adequate lighting to work in, wireless internet and a continental breakfast. If all you seek is a clean place to rest, this is the one.

One important distinction I wish to make about this property. This is a family run hotel. I saw all of the family members participating in running and maintaining the property. The owners demonstrated sincerity and a willingness to be helpful where ever possible. On one occasion, I arrived too late for the breakfast. The owner explained the start/stop times (of which I was over an hour late) and offered me some coffee packets. The next morning, owner called me to ask if I would like any food/coffee before they took down the breakfast. I never asked them to do this. They just took the initiative and demonstrated a true concern for me as their customer. I was amazed.

Towards the end of my stay, I went into the office to make arrangements regarding my checkout. I saw a couple who looked very tired after a long day of travel. They were trying to get a room and the hotel was booked. The owners were on the phone making calls trying to find them something. I didn’t want to bother them so I left the office. I came back an hour later and found the couple still there. It turns out that the owners had found a place for them to stay and were making the arrangements for them. When was the last time you saw service like this in something other than a movie?

In closing this review, I must point out the rating I have provided this hotel is based on what I got for the money I spent. Many times, the reference to, “you get what you paid for” is used in a negative context. Here is a perfect example of getting what you paid for actually exceeding your expectations. Let’s be real, this is not the Bellagio nor does it pretend to be such. But I will say it is much more than many other hotels at twice the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Leamington Spa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at the Travelodge in march. I found the hotel was great after a long flight to be able to check in and within 5 minutes be in the room, which was clean and having a comfy bed. This hotel is great if you are a renting a car, as it takes around 10 minutes to drive into downtown Phoenix. Overall great hotel, room cleaned everyday and friendly staff. And there are many food outlets within a minutes walk Mcdonalds etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Anaheim, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

Horrible cockroach problem, indifferent staff, generally unclean room. Checked out first thing in the morning after a sleepless night. Would never return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)? Share your experiences!