“Excellent stay for the price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)

You added Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.) to your Saves list
Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1424 North 50th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #110 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent stay for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Here is a place that you get what you need at a price long forgotten. I stayed here for 12 nights at $60 a night. I got a clean room, a comfortable bed, a shower/bath with great water pressure and plenty of hot water, a color TV with plenty of channels including HBO, a refrigerator and microwave, adequate lighting to work in, wireless internet and a continental breakfast. If all you seek is a clean place to rest, this is the one.

One important distinction I wish to make about this property. This is a family run hotel. I saw all of the family members participating in running and maintaining the property. The owners demonstrated sincerity and a willingness to be helpful where ever possible. On one occasion, I arrived too late for the breakfast. The owner explained the start/stop times (of which I was over an hour late) and offered me some coffee packets. The next morning, owner called me to ask if I would like any food/coffee before they took down the breakfast. I never asked them to do this. They just took the initiative and demonstrated a true concern for me as their customer. I was amazed.

Towards the end of my stay, I went into the office to make arrangements regarding my checkout. I saw a couple who looked very tired after a long day of travel. They were trying to get a room and the hotel was booked. The owners were on the phone making calls trying to find them something. I didn’t want to bother them so I left the office. I came back an hour later and found the couple still there. It turns out that the owners had found a place for them to stay and were making the arrangements for them. When was the last time you saw service like this in something other than a movie?

In closing this review, I must point out the rating I have provided this hotel is based on what I got for the money I spent. Many times, the reference to, “you get what you paid for” is used in a negative context. Here is a perfect example of getting what you paid for actually exceeding your expectations. Let’s be real, this is not the Bellagio nor does it pretend to be such. But I will say it is much more than many other hotels at twice the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leamington Spa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at the Travelodge in march. I found the hotel was great after a long flight to be able to check in and within 5 minutes be in the room, which was clean and having a comfy bed. This hotel is great if you are a renting a car, as it takes around 10 minutes to drive into downtown Phoenix. Overall great hotel, room cleaned everyday and friendly staff. And there are many food outlets within a minutes walk Mcdonalds etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Anaheim, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

Horrible cockroach problem, indifferent staff, generally unclean room. Checked out first thing in the morning after a sleepless night. Would never return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.)

Address: 1424 North 50th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85043
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #110 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.) 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.) Hotel Phoenix
Travel Lodge Phoenix
Phoenix Travelodge
Phoenix Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Phoenix (50th Ave.), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.