“Great Place and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #97 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Great Place and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This Extended Stay America is conveniently located. We were here a week and enjoyed the comforts of staying at a hotel that was more like home. The beds were very comfortable, the heated pool was great and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our hotel and what we have to offer. I'm glad that to hear that you found our location convenient and your suite to be comfortable. Also, I am pleased that our staff provided you with great guest service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Sheets we got from the front desk for the sofa bed had hair on them and appeared to not be clean, the sheets on the king bed had big stains on them, the shower curtain had several red stains on the inside of it. The room did not appear to be cleaned properly, the window and the T.V. had smears all over them. The Sofa bed was very lumpy due to the wear of the mattress.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Mark - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that hear about the cleanliness of the room and the linen. We will be inspecting all guest rooms prior to check-in to ensure all linens and the room are to our cleanliness standards.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
verde valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

its kind of rare to check into a place late at night and be greeting by a friendly and kind person, but this property has one such person. there are many hotels in the area, but this is the best one i have stayed at, and having such a wonderful check-in procedure makes it that much better:

note to extended-stay management: clone Paige and send the clones to San Diego where such employee TLC is sorely needed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that Paige gave you Great Service at check-in.

Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Room had all typical room amenities of this chain: refrigerator, stove, microwave, flat screen TV, sofa. They gave me fresh towels promptly upon request at the front desk.
My stay would have been good except for the following.
The only source of fresh air was the front door. I can't leave the front door open all night for fresh air. The window did not open, the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not run. There was a smell of smoke in the room, I don't know if that came from a nearby room. After 7 days there, I woke up with a sore throat and a sinus infection/irritation of some kind, and thick stuff in my nose and lungs that lingered for almost a week. The doctor told me the room conditions could have caused that.
Also the room did not have a totally new "feel". The kitchen cabinets appeared to be new additions, but the carpet, bathtub, refrigerator didn't seem to be new. Perhaps the other rooms are better.
There was also a very long hair on the pillow before I layed down on it the first night.
I stayed at other Extended Stays in other states and liked my stays much more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was a hair on your pillow case. I am working with the housekeeping staff to ensure that the lack of cleanliness of the room does not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me a tpmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I blindly chose this hotel, not sure of the area I was staying in and unfamiliar with the chain. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. I was so pleased to see how clean and nice the accommodations were. We were next door to a fine restaurant, so that made the experience even nicer. We were surrounded by great restaurants of varying expense levels and other attractions, overall a nice area. It felt more like an apartment or time share than a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, they seriously care about your experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the street, the freeway is noisy. The kitchen cabinet cupboard stick...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Melody - Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you found the cleanliness and and location of our hotel ideal for your stay. We strive to provide a great experience for each guest and I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really enjoy my time at this Hotel , For most part it was quiet and I had no problem with the other stays here on either side or upstairs. I swam a lot in the pool and took morning walks on the bike/ walk trails . I like the kitchen . I had a nice flat screen TV . Free internet service and it was pretty good most of the time. I used my computer everyday and thorough out the whole day.. My bed was nice and comfy. I thought the breakfast was good but I wish their had more of a variety of things. But I did like getting my coffee in the morning every day. I just really enjoyed it her and wish I could have stayed longer . It was like living in a studio apt.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and I had no problems and would get a bottom floor again
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were so comfortable here, We strive to make all of our guest feel welcome and want to return.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Farmington, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Front desk was very friendly when we checked in and she even called us to check in on us after we were settling into the room.

We were "upgraded" to a large room with a kitchen, it was quite nice! The room however, was quite dirty, food stains on the walls, dirt and hair in random spots. The beds though, were clean.

The AC units were hard pressed to keep up with 100 degree Phoenix heat. One would randomly shut off and the other seemed stressed.

We were planning to use the pool, but it was small and overcrowded.

The sleeping quality of the hotel was great, the beds were comfortable.

The reason for my Terrible rating however, was the "Free" internet. Laborious and buggy sign in process combined with being forced to watched advertisements before being allowed to go online combined with it trying to upsell us to the "Faster" connection.

If your internet isn't free, don't advertise it as such!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Paul - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was courteous and provided great customer service during your stay. Still, I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issue with the room that you received. We should not have assigned this room and I can promise you that this will not happen again. To prevent this incident from happening again, my team is being coached on inspecting rooms for cleanliness before guest check-in. Also, I apologize that the free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. We will keep your comments in mind when reviewing the usage of the Wi-Fi by guest.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. I know that I have already spoken with you via email and I will take care of these issues for you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #97 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.