“My room was not typical of this chain. YMMV” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #122 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Anaheim, California
“My room was not typical of this chain. YMMV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Room had all typical room amenities of this chain: refrigerator, stove, microwave, flat screen TV, sofa. They gave me fresh towels promptly upon request at the front desk.
My stay would have been good except for the following.
The only source of fresh air was the front door. I can't leave the front door open all night for fresh air. The window did not open, the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not run. There was a smell of smoke in the room, I don't know if that came from a nearby room. After 7 days there, I woke up with a sore throat and a sinus infection/irritation of some kind, and thick stuff in my nose and lungs that lingered for almost a week. The doctor told me the room conditions could have caused that.
Also the room did not have a totally new "feel". The kitchen cabinets appeared to be new additions, but the carpet, bathtub, refrigerator didn't seem to be new. Perhaps the other rooms are better.
There was also a very long hair on the pillow before I layed down on it the first night.
I stayed at other Extended Stays in other states and liked my stays much more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was a hair on your pillow case. I am working with the housekeeping staff to ensure that the lack of cleanliness of the room does not happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me a tpmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I blindly chose this hotel, not sure of the area I was staying in and unfamiliar with the chain. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. I was so pleased to see how clean and nice the accommodations were. We were next door to a fine restaurant, so that made the experience even nicer. We were surrounded by great restaurants of varying expense levels and other attractions, overall a nice area. It felt more like an apartment or time share than a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, they seriously care about your experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the street, the freeway is noisy. The kitchen cabinet cupboard stick...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Melody - Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you found the cleanliness and and location of our hotel ideal for your stay. We strive to provide a great experience for each guest and I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really enjoy my time at this Hotel , For most part it was quiet and I had no problem with the other stays here on either side or upstairs. I swam a lot in the pool and took morning walks on the bike/ walk trails . I like the kitchen . I had a nice flat screen TV . Free internet service and it was pretty good most of the time. I used my computer everyday and thorough out the whole day.. My bed was nice and comfy. I thought the breakfast was good but I wish their had more of a variety of things. But I did like getting my coffee in the morning every day. I just really enjoyed it her and wish I could have stayed longer . It was like living in a studio apt.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and I had no problems and would get a bottom floor again
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were so comfortable here, We strive to make all of our guest feel welcome and want to return.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Farmington, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Front desk was very friendly when we checked in and she even called us to check in on us after we were settling into the room.

We were "upgraded" to a large room with a kitchen, it was quite nice! The room however, was quite dirty, food stains on the walls, dirt and hair in random spots. The beds though, were clean.

The AC units were hard pressed to keep up with 100 degree Phoenix heat. One would randomly shut off and the other seemed stressed.

We were planning to use the pool, but it was small and overcrowded.

The sleeping quality of the hotel was great, the beds were comfortable.

The reason for my Terrible rating however, was the "Free" internet. Laborious and buggy sign in process combined with being forced to watched advertisements before being allowed to go online combined with it trying to upsell us to the "Faster" connection.

If your internet isn't free, don't advertise it as such!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Paul - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was courteous and provided great customer service during your stay. Still, I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issue with the room that you received. We should not have assigned this room and I can promise you that this will not happen again. To prevent this incident from happening again, my team is being coached on inspecting rooms for cleanliness before guest check-in. Also, I apologize that the free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. We will keep your comments in mind when reviewing the usage of the Wi-Fi by guest.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. I know that I have already spoken with you via email and I will take care of these issues for you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a King bed...very comfortable...clean! Kitchen and amenities clean. Toilet was low and small. Carpet was soiled 15%. Very nice staff. Papadeaux Restaurant next door "EXCELLENT!" Walking path in back. Next to Hwy 17. Road noise: I was in room 154 near front of hotel. Oh! Yes! A/C unit operation was loud to point you physically received on-during-off operating sound. Lots of electrical outlets, very worn, plugs would fall out. Yes I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room further away from Hwy. I travel a lot and I've learned to carry weather stripping an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Eddie - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked your room, especially the kitchen, and the friendly service provided to you by our staff. As well, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location. Still, I sincerely apologize that the A/C unit was making a lot of noise. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will ensure that all A/C units are being looked at prior to guests checking in to the hotel.

Pueblo Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

With their low rates, one really shouldn't have high expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Hotel is older, but room was very clean, bed very comfortable and everything in good working order. One thing I really liked is that there are plenty of electrical outlets as I have a lot of things to plug in and charge. Refrigerator & freezer worked well, nice little dishwasher, I really didn't use the kitchen much but everything was in good order, even had plates and silverware. Best thing was the employees who were all very friendly and helpful. I was there for 5 days and was completely satisfied with everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Larry - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the room. I was also very pleased that you were happy with the staff. I will be sure to share your comments with all of them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Not high dollar fancy but perfect for a stay of any length. Close to the interstate but no traffic noise that I noticed. This has become my go to place to stay in Phoenix. Full fridge, cooktop and dishwasher most excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your room to be modern, clean and comfortable. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to you doing so again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #122 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.