“HOME AWAY FROM HOME” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #104 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really enjoy my time at this Hotel , For most part it was quiet and I had no problem with the other stays here on either side or upstairs. I swam a lot in the pool and took morning walks on the bike/ walk trails . I like the kitchen . I had a nice flat screen TV . Free internet service and it was pretty good most of the time. I used my computer everyday and thorough out the whole day.. My bed was nice and comfy. I thought the breakfast was good but I wish their had more of a variety of things. But I did like getting my coffee in the morning every day. I just really enjoyed it her and wish I could have stayed longer . It was like living in a studio apt.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and I had no problems and would get a bottom floor again
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were so comfortable here, We strive to make all of our guest feel welcome and want to return.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Farmington, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Front desk was very friendly when we checked in and she even called us to check in on us after we were settling into the room.

We were "upgraded" to a large room with a kitchen, it was quite nice! The room however, was quite dirty, food stains on the walls, dirt and hair in random spots. The beds though, were clean.

The AC units were hard pressed to keep up with 100 degree Phoenix heat. One would randomly shut off and the other seemed stressed.

We were planning to use the pool, but it was small and overcrowded.

The sleeping quality of the hotel was great, the beds were comfortable.

The reason for my Terrible rating however, was the "Free" internet. Laborious and buggy sign in process combined with being forced to watched advertisements before being allowed to go online combined with it trying to upsell us to the "Faster" connection.

If your internet isn't free, don't advertise it as such!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Paul - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was courteous and provided great customer service during your stay. Still, I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issue with the room that you received. We should not have assigned this room and I can promise you that this will not happen again. To prevent this incident from happening again, my team is being coached on inspecting rooms for cleanliness before guest check-in. Also, I apologize that the free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. We will keep your comments in mind when reviewing the usage of the Wi-Fi by guest.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. I know that I have already spoken with you via email and I will take care of these issues for you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a King bed...very comfortable...clean! Kitchen and amenities clean. Toilet was low and small. Carpet was soiled 15%. Very nice staff. Papadeaux Restaurant next door "EXCELLENT!" Walking path in back. Next to Hwy 17. Road noise: I was in room 154 near front of hotel. Oh! Yes! A/C unit operation was loud to point you physically received on-during-off operating sound. Lots of electrical outlets, very worn, plugs would fall out. Yes I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room further away from Hwy. I travel a lot and I've learned to carry weather stripping an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Eddie - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked your room, especially the kitchen, and the friendly service provided to you by our staff. As well, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location. Still, I sincerely apologize that the A/C unit was making a lot of noise. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will ensure that all A/C units are being looked at prior to guests checking in to the hotel.

Pueblo Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

With their low rates, one really shouldn't have high expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Hotel is older, but room was very clean, bed very comfortable and everything in good working order. One thing I really liked is that there are plenty of electrical outlets as I have a lot of things to plug in and charge. Refrigerator & freezer worked well, nice little dishwasher, I really didn't use the kitchen much but everything was in good order, even had plates and silverware. Best thing was the employees who were all very friendly and helpful. I was there for 5 days and was completely satisfied with everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Larry - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the room. I was also very pleased that you were happy with the staff. I will be sure to share your comments with all of them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Not high dollar fancy but perfect for a stay of any length. Close to the interstate but no traffic noise that I noticed. This has become my go to place to stay in Phoenix. Full fridge, cooktop and dishwasher most excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your room to be modern, clean and comfortable. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to you doing so again in the future.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center hotel, located at 11211 N. Black Canyon Rd. in Phoenix, Arizona, provides the most bang for the proverbial buck than any other hotel at which I have ever stayed. As a web developer, I have traveled all over the United States and Canada during the past 13 years. And for the money, the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center hotel, has provided me with the best value, amenities, safety and service, of any other extended stay hotel I have ever frequented (and we're talking over 50 hotels here).

So let's pick this puppy apart: The sufficiently clean rooms are extremely affordable (especially during the slow season, which is from roughly the first of May through December). The amenities are more than adequate for the price - comfortable beds, a steadily running dishwasher, a sturdy air conditioner (critical during the Phoenix summers), a dependable refrigerator, and decent water pressure. The property is sandwiched between two main drags (W. Peoria Ave. and W. Cactus Rd.) near a large, upscale, business park, and because of this, the hotel is quiet (especially during non-peak season) and considerably safer than 90% of the hotels I've visited during my various business travels.

Christine, the manager, is efficient, approachable, customer-friendly and dedicated. Her staff reflects her personality and commitment, and Jessica, Erin and Paige are first-rate individuals as well. Frank, who is the head of maintenance, is a truly friendly, effective worker, not to mention great at his job. Whenever I've had an issue with the room (which has been extremely rare), one single phone call has always resulted in the problem being fixed (and fixed promptly, at that). The hotel recently put new mattresses inside each and every room (about five months ago). The washers and driers on the property are very clean, well-maintained and dependable. The swimming pool is always sparkling clean (there is an assist lift for handicapped individuals who would like to swim in it). I love the flat-screen TV's that come as standard equipment in every room - they are mounted on a swivel, so I can watch Showtime or any of the other premium TV channels, no matter where I might be in my room at any given moment.

To summarize: For the money, the Extended Stay America Phoenix-Metro Center hotel is a first-rate property. It has ample amenities. It's safe. It's cheap. And the staff knows how to treat its customers. It's the best hotel I've seen for the money, in 13 years of business traveling.

Oh, one more thing - I've been here for almost a year now. When I first came to Phoenix in July of 2012, I intended to stay for only two weeks. But business was so good, I just kept staying. And staying. And staying. And so will you, if you have the good sense to give it a chance. Do yourself a huge favor and book a room at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Especially if you are planning an extended stay, or if you are on a budget. All I can say is, you'll be extremely glad you did. (Try out the restaurant, Pappadeaux, right next door - best seafood on the planet. And the wait staff and bar staff over there are absolutely top drawer, too, just like the staff at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center.)

Room Tip: Corner suites are large but a bit more expensive; get an upstairs room for maximum quietness.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a Fantastic review. I'm so pleased to hear that we have met your needs over the last year that you have been here. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving you for as long as you would like. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have been here at the Extended Stay Metro Center for about a month now, due to relocation.
The managers Christine & Kim have been great. They both have personally attended to our needs.
The front desk staff Erin, Jessica & the others have been very helpful & able to help with any thing that may come up.
The maintenance crew keeps the property & pools looking great like a 5 star resort.
The cleaning crew keeps each room clean. Carpets are vaccumed everyday, always clean linens. There is a small kitchenette in each room, fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot & dishes. Makes it very convenient to many people.
I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a place to stay due to relocation, business and or pleasure trip.
Extended Stay Metro Center makes you feel like you are at "HOME".

• Stayed May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review! I'm so pleased to hear that the staff at the hotel have taken good care of you. I am also very pleased to see that you have enjoyed the comforts of the room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #104 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.