“Best Value Hotel in Phoenix” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #103 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Value Hotel in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Not high dollar fancy but perfect for a stay of any length. Close to the interstate but no traffic noise that I noticed. This has become my go to place to stay in Phoenix. Full fridge, cooktop and dishwasher most excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your room to be modern, clean and comfortable. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to you doing so again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center hotel, located at 11211 N. Black Canyon Rd. in Phoenix, Arizona, provides the most bang for the proverbial buck than any other hotel at which I have ever stayed. As a web developer, I have traveled all over the United States and Canada during the past 13 years. And for the money, the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center hotel, has provided me with the best value, amenities, safety and service, of any other extended stay hotel I have ever frequented (and we're talking over 50 hotels here).

So let's pick this puppy apart: The sufficiently clean rooms are extremely affordable (especially during the slow season, which is from roughly the first of May through December). The amenities are more than adequate for the price - comfortable beds, a steadily running dishwasher, a sturdy air conditioner (critical during the Phoenix summers), a dependable refrigerator, and decent water pressure. The property is sandwiched between two main drags (W. Peoria Ave. and W. Cactus Rd.) near a large, upscale, business park, and because of this, the hotel is quiet (especially during non-peak season) and considerably safer than 90% of the hotels I've visited during my various business travels.

Christine, the manager, is efficient, approachable, customer-friendly and dedicated. Her staff reflects her personality and commitment, and Jessica, Erin and Paige are first-rate individuals as well. Frank, who is the head of maintenance, is a truly friendly, effective worker, not to mention great at his job. Whenever I've had an issue with the room (which has been extremely rare), one single phone call has always resulted in the problem being fixed (and fixed promptly, at that). The hotel recently put new mattresses inside each and every room (about five months ago). The washers and driers on the property are very clean, well-maintained and dependable. The swimming pool is always sparkling clean (there is an assist lift for handicapped individuals who would like to swim in it). I love the flat-screen TV's that come as standard equipment in every room - they are mounted on a swivel, so I can watch Showtime or any of the other premium TV channels, no matter where I might be in my room at any given moment.

To summarize: For the money, the Extended Stay America Phoenix-Metro Center hotel is a first-rate property. It has ample amenities. It's safe. It's cheap. And the staff knows how to treat its customers. It's the best hotel I've seen for the money, in 13 years of business traveling.

Oh, one more thing - I've been here for almost a year now. When I first came to Phoenix in July of 2012, I intended to stay for only two weeks. But business was so good, I just kept staying. And staying. And staying. And so will you, if you have the good sense to give it a chance. Do yourself a huge favor and book a room at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Especially if you are planning an extended stay, or if you are on a budget. All I can say is, you'll be extremely glad you did. (Try out the restaurant, Pappadeaux, right next door - best seafood on the planet. And the wait staff and bar staff over there are absolutely top drawer, too, just like the staff at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center.)

Room Tip: Corner suites are large but a bit more expensive; get an upstairs room for maximum quietness.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a Fantastic review. I'm so pleased to hear that we have met your needs over the last year that you have been here. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving you for as long as you would like. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have been here at the Extended Stay Metro Center for about a month now, due to relocation.
The managers Christine & Kim have been great. They both have personally attended to our needs.
The front desk staff Erin, Jessica & the others have been very helpful & able to help with any thing that may come up.
The maintenance crew keeps the property & pools looking great like a 5 star resort.
The cleaning crew keeps each room clean. Carpets are vaccumed everyday, always clean linens. There is a small kitchenette in each room, fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot & dishes. Makes it very convenient to many people.
I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a place to stay due to relocation, business and or pleasure trip.
Extended Stay Metro Center makes you feel like you are at "HOME".

• Stayed May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review! I'm so pleased to hear that the staff at the hotel have taken good care of you. I am also very pleased to see that you have enjoyed the comforts of the room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Grenada, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was burglarized at this hotel during my stay while I was at work in March of 2013!!!! My computer along with important documents were taken, personal items also taken. It was awful!! According to the "management" my key was the only one used on my door, She stated that even if I go into a room it registers on the computer.... eirsecond day after the burglary, I left to go replace items taken, upon my return, lights were on that I did not have on and my curtains pulled. I immediately went to the front desk to ask if anyone had entered my room according to their computer... I was told no. The desk clerk called the manager and she told her that she had gone into my room to pull the curtains and turn on lights.... Humm, either they have a faulty system or I was lied to. Their insurance carrier is not responsible for 3rd party burglary and currently waiting to hear about the Arizona statute for innkeeper and guest. I dont think I will be compensated and no one wants to accept responsibility.

Room Tip: I had 2 spoons, 1 pan, can opener that did not work. Cheap toilet paper. Carpet dirty. Pillows that...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Lily - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is extremely disheartening to read that personal items were removed from your room and we were unable to locate them for you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this situation and the inconvenience it caused. I have spoken with the entire staff and can assure you we do not condone illegal activities or partake in them.

If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to us directly at the hotel. Otherwise, we hope you will choose to stay at an Extended Stay Hotel again in the future.
westhope
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a NASCAR fan, my wife and I enjoy attending some races each year. And with the cost of things ever rising, we always look for the best value. At Extended Stay America, we have always found an excellent value for our money.
Of all the Extended Stay visits we have had in the past, this one I will rate as the BEST we have had.
From check-in to check-out, it was everything one could expect to receive for the money, bar none !
It is very easy to find, easy access from the highway, convenient to PIR, about 23 miles ( all interstate), has quality dining available within 2 miles either direction.
But now to the real value of this hotel. The reservations were very easy to make and confirm, enough said. When we arrived to check-in, we were greeted by Lupita, and a great smile and a genuine " Welcome, May I help you ?" Check in was easy, and she answered all my questions about local food/groceries, etc. And then she proceeded to draw us a map to them !
We went to our room, which was clean and well lit, had a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, micro, dishwasher too ! Nice LG tv. We had the King bed with a sleeper sofa suite. Nice bathroom and dressing area, well lit also.
They offered a light breakfast for those that wanted a quick breakfast on the go, good coffee and muffins, snack bars, and fresh fruit as well.
The grounds keeper was a very pleasant man to chat with. Always had a smile and a nice Hello for you. And, he was a Carl Edwards fan ! Very helpful with information also.
The manager, Lori, was a real life saver for me as well. I had a senior moment when making the reservation, and had us checking our 1 day earlier than our flight home ! Well, she was super helpful in extending our stay, in our original room, at the already full hotel ! It was so nice to know that she really cared about her customers ! She also went through a lot of trouble to find and print our airline boarding passes as well. Never lost her can do attitude !
Yes, I am impressed with this hotel that could !
I do recommend Extended Stay America to anyone traveling in this area for an extended time, knowing that you will not be disappointed with the quality or service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff took such good care of you while you were with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for a week and it was cheap! The staff was friendly. That was the good part. The room really needed to have the rug cleaned. The couch was beyond cleaning. The desk had a broken drawer. The kitchen had one pot and no skillet. The pool was out of service. The room was supposed to be no smoking but smelled of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the kitchen floor. I am not a picky traveler but I would not stay there again and certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different Extended Stay
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Schwarmstedt, Niedersachsen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently answered a Extended Stay America hotel survey that I recieved in my email . I did not take my time nor did I carefully read the survey when I answered it. I wanted to redo and correct my error. I have booked a room at ESA for 2 weeks. I am into my second week stay. So far I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed the room and the atmosphere. Check-in was very nice and pleasent. The Frontdesk Associate was friendly and answered all of the questions we had. We have a double bed room and we find it is perfecct that the room has a kitchen to accompy it. We are able to eat, shop and cook as if we were at home. Having a family and traveling and staying in hotels can be hard but we have discovered Extended Stay America has made it easier for us! We are greeted with a friendly smile and hello from the workers every time we leave our room and come in contact. Frontdesk is always helpful and cheerful when we call up front. The overall room is very nice and clean and we are happy with the Housekeeping service we recieve when scheduled. We will share our experrience with our friends and family and hopeful they will decide to book a room at a Extended Stay America Hotel on their next vacation!

Jamiila Amira X Williams

Room Tip: I think it would not matter which room a guest decided to book. I would say that no matter what room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, January 22, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #103 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.