Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
Ranked #95 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
westhope
“NASCAR Fan haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a NASCAR fan, my wife and I enjoy attending some races each year. And with the cost of things ever rising, we always look for the best value. At Extended Stay America, we have always found an excellent value for our money.
Of all the Extended Stay visits we have had in the past, this one I will rate as the BEST we have had.
From check-in to check-out, it was everything one could expect to receive for the money, bar none !
It is very easy to find, easy access from the highway, convenient to PIR, about 23 miles ( all interstate), has quality dining available within 2 miles either direction.
But now to the real value of this hotel. The reservations were very easy to make and confirm, enough said. When we arrived to check-in, we were greeted by Lupita, and a great smile and a genuine " Welcome, May I help you ?" Check in was easy, and she answered all my questions about local food/groceries, etc. And then she proceeded to draw us a map to them !
We went to our room, which was clean and well lit, had a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, micro, dishwasher too ! Nice LG tv. We had the King bed with a sleeper sofa suite. Nice bathroom and dressing area, well lit also.
They offered a light breakfast for those that wanted a quick breakfast on the go, good coffee and muffins, snack bars, and fresh fruit as well.
The grounds keeper was a very pleasant man to chat with. Always had a smile and a nice Hello for you. And, he was a Carl Edwards fan ! Very helpful with information also.
The manager, Lori, was a real life saver for me as well. I had a senior moment when making the reservation, and had us checking our 1 day earlier than our flight home ! Well, she was super helpful in extending our stay, in our original room, at the already full hotel ! It was so nice to know that she really cared about her customers ! She also went through a lot of trouble to find and print our airline boarding passes as well. Never lost her can do attitude !
Yes, I am impressed with this hotel that could !
I do recommend Extended Stay America to anyone traveling in this area for an extended time, knowing that you will not be disappointed with the quality or service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff took such good care of you while you were with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for a week and it was cheap! The staff was friendly. That was the good part. The room really needed to have the rug cleaned. The couch was beyond cleaning. The desk had a broken drawer. The kitchen had one pot and no skillet. The pool was out of service. The room was supposed to be no smoking but smelled of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the kitchen floor. I am not a picky traveler but I would not stay there again and certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different Extended Stay
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Schwarmstedt, Niedersachsen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently answered a Extended Stay America hotel survey that I recieved in my email . I did not take my time nor did I carefully read the survey when I answered it. I wanted to redo and correct my error. I have booked a room at ESA for 2 weeks. I am into my second week stay. So far I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed the room and the atmosphere. Check-in was very nice and pleasent. The Frontdesk Associate was friendly and answered all of the questions we had. We have a double bed room and we find it is perfecct that the room has a kitchen to accompy it. We are able to eat, shop and cook as if we were at home. Having a family and traveling and staying in hotels can be hard but we have discovered Extended Stay America has made it easier for us! We are greeted with a friendly smile and hello from the workers every time we leave our room and come in contact. Frontdesk is always helpful and cheerful when we call up front. The overall room is very nice and clean and we are happy with the Housekeeping service we recieve when scheduled. We will share our experrience with our friends and family and hopeful they will decide to book a room at a Extended Stay America Hotel on their next vacation!

Jamiila Amira X Williams

Room Tip: I think it would not matter which room a guest decided to book. I would say that no matter what room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, January 22, 2013

La Vernia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My daughter at 30 weeks pregnant collapsed and hemorrhaged, in the room. The Manager, Lorie Jordan was there within minutes! She was wonderful and helped me with my daughter till the ambulance arrived! I think she was the key reason my daughter did not die from shock. The blood loss was enormous. While my daughter was in surgery, Frank, who is also on staff here, moved our belongings to another room so we would not have to face the room before the clean up was done. Through this situation the staff here have been wonderful, and supportive. Lorie and Frank both are VALUABLE EMPLOYEES! Hard working, smart, kind, and caring!!
My daughter is do well and recovering.The baby is still in ICU, but improving. If not for Lorie Jordan, They both would not be with us today. Thank You, Lorie and Frank!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your daughter had such a horrible experience while with us, but am extremely proud of my manager, Lorie, and her staff for jumping in so quickly to assist. I'm thankful to hear your daughter and the baby are doing okay! Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nothing special and a bit on the small side, especially the bathrooms but adequate and clean. We were a bit disappointed as we were hoping for a ground floor room because my husband has back issues and can't carry much up the stairs and there are no elevators. In light of this, the front desk girl went out of her way to try and compensate, even offering too help us carry our bags up if we needed the assistance. Free wifi is nice. Just an FYI, if you are one that counts on the usual gratis toiletries such as shampoo and conditioner, you wont find them here. The only thing they offer is bar soaps and liquid dish soap for the kitchen area. Overall not so bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being ""free"" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

They surprised us with a $75 deposit. We had already paid for the room and did not find out about the fee until we were checking in. The rooms were disgusting, my sons had black feet after walking around the room barefoot for an hour. The first night the desk girl was hanging out with our neighbor being loud (around 1 in the morning) my husband asked them to quiet down because our sons were sleeping, about 30 min later the neighbor had some more loud friends over, but who are you going to complain to? The washers and dryers are $2 and count on spending $6 to do one load because the first dry doesn't do the job. We came back to the room one day to find a pet magnet on our door, we left ours in Texas. The next day my husband complained at the front desk and about an hour later we had the police knock on our door and request that we leave within the hour. I did appreciate that because we could leave without losing the money we had already paid. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to an enemy much less a friend.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotwire deal that I could not pass up for my one night in Phoenix ($25). Checked in late (midnight) and had to find the night clerk but eventually she came to check me in. Hotel in an area of Phoenix that is OK but not great. North Phoenix area on I-17 that has a ton of hotels and places to eat (eat at Fajitas next to the hotel......YUMMY!). Very large room. Super clean inside and a great TV and AC (must have in Phoenix in Summer). Lots of security roaming the parking lots and grounds were kept clean. Bed was comfy but pillows were stiff (best to bring your own pillows). Remember for those if you that book at Extended stay hotels......you must bring your own shampoo! (hotel does not provide shampoo). Overall good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. STill, please do accept our apologies for the pillows and delay of our staff to help you check-in.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #95 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.