“We'll never stay there again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #105 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“We'll never stay there again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

They surprised us with a $75 deposit. We had already paid for the room and did not find out about the fee until we were checking in. The rooms were disgusting, my sons had black feet after walking around the room barefoot for an hour. The first night the desk girl was hanging out with our neighbor being loud (around 1 in the morning) my husband asked them to quiet down because our sons were sleeping, about 30 min later the neighbor had some more loud friends over, but who are you going to complain to? The washers and dryers are $2 and count on spending $6 to do one load because the first dry doesn't do the job. We came back to the room one day to find a pet magnet on our door, we left ours in Texas. The next day my husband complained at the front desk and about an hour later we had the police knock on our door and request that we leave within the hour. I did appreciate that because we could leave without losing the money we had already paid. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to an enemy much less a friend.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotwire deal that I could not pass up for my one night in Phoenix ($25). Checked in late (midnight) and had to find the night clerk but eventually she came to check me in. Hotel in an area of Phoenix that is OK but not great. North Phoenix area on I-17 that has a ton of hotels and places to eat (eat at Fajitas next to the hotel......YUMMY!). Very large room. Super clean inside and a great TV and AC (must have in Phoenix in Summer). Lots of security roaming the parking lots and grounds were kept clean. Bed was comfy but pillows were stiff (best to bring your own pillows). Remember for those if you that book at Extended stay hotels......you must bring your own shampoo! (hotel does not provide shampoo). Overall good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. STill, please do accept our apologies for the pillows and delay of our staff to help you check-in.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed here and just over a few months things have changed after the first package of coffee (4 cups)they charge you a dollar each package after. During my stay the water for shut off and they failed to notify me. I had no water for about two hours that im aware of from the time I noticed I had no water. other then the poor communication. The rooms are clean not really the best location due to being on a one way road kind of a hassle to get to the hotel and there isn't really any stores or fast food to close just gas stations. But this is the cleanest extended stay/hotel/motel in the valley and by far the best rates. With weekly rates it breaks down to 29.99 a night!!!

• Stayed August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. I apologize the water was turned off without proper notice being given. Occasionally, in case of emergency situations, we don’t have the opportunity to give our guests the standard 24-hour notice.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). Ii would be our pleasure to have you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I liked the layout of the room and that was it. The manager and assistant manager were beyond rude to me my entire stay. They seemed to be in perpetual bad moods - maybe it's the heat and the fact that they have to live in Phoenix? Who knows, but I was promised one rate and then told the rate had changed in the middle of my stay. Even though they had my credit card on file, they wouldn't accept cash without a large deposit. I have stayed in multiple ESAs before and I've NEVER had that problem. We're staying in an ESA in Los Angeles now and they happily accept our cash with no problems. I also heard the assistant manager being very rude to someone else on the phone while I was in the lobby, so I know it wasn't just me.

If you're one hour late paying the rate, the shady, cranky manager will be pounding your door down Again, I've never had this experience at any other ESA - when you're staying for a month, they know they are going to get paid. We've staying in so many hotels across the country, and this was the WORST experience we've ever had.

My child's brand-new white socks were BLACK after she walked around on the carpet. I scrubbed and scrubbed the wood flooring throughout our stay but I could never get it clean. It must have had about 20 layers of dirt and filth on it.

I'm not sure if all of the cash/deposit issues were due to the Arizona location, but I couldn't be happier to be back in California where we're treated with respect.

I do have to say that the second-shift desk clerk, Maria, was a total sweetheart. I felt so bad that she had to work with the manager and assistant manager - poor thing!

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless there is a management change.

Room Tip: Demand to inspect the cleanliness of the floors before checking in.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, August 7, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. We do try to follow our company policies when it comes to charges and payments to the best of our ability. I am very sorry it made you feel uncomfortable during your stay. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service.

Cornville, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The wood floors, phone and bedding were dirty. The carpet is disgusting. The first front desk employee was very nice and helpful. The next shift front desk woman was rude and curt. The cleaning personnel are so short staffed. I feel it is a coorporate problem. Especialy the rude desk employee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was staying here on vacation visiting my boyfriend who lives in Arizona.. I pick this hotel because of the amenities, since it was just the 2 of us I thought it would be cool to just buy food and other items and use the kitchen.. Everything was great. My only thing was that I had to pay for coffe.It was only a dollar but still had to pay. If I was going to pay for coffee in a hotel I should have just walked the 2 blocks to starbucks and purchase a stronger cup. The staff was friendly and allowed me to store my luggage until it was time for me to go to the airport. I would stay here again just the next time I will supply my own coffee..LOL

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

San Mateo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

After staying at many Extended StayAmerica's across the country, I expected this experience to be consistent with others. I don't know if it is the Arizona heat that makes everyone so slow, but the service and response time to requests was unreasonably lax.

I was unimpressed with the fact that the front desk was often empty for long periods of time (and the main lobby locked), and even more unimpressed with the fact that the phone inside the room didn't work at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week, though occasionally our staff must step out of the office to assist to the needs of other guests. They are always available via the phone located directly outside the front office. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues. We will certainly follow up on the issue of the phone not functioning in your room. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Ranked #105 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.