My review of this place over 2 years ago was raving over this place; but this time, I was so disappointed and shocked that I felt like I had gone to the parallel universe's version of the place. To be fair, it seems they are really trying to upgrade and improve in some ways such as the outdoor areas such as the pool and balconies, but during such improvements, they should not be putting guests in to very substandard rooms. My partner and I booked this stay through Price-line this time, and wonder if this was the reason we were given such a bad room. Some hotels tend to dislike not getting direct bookings as Price-line is a "prepaid" reservation and the hotels have to depend on filing paperwork to retrieve their share of the room rate.
Our original room was #166, 2 standard beds, kitchenette, and sitting area. The mattress' were covered with protector bags that were over-sized and drooping too the floor under the sheets which were put on the beds inside out, and poorly as the bed was very puckered and wrinkled when we pulled the blankets back to get in bed. The mattress protectors that were hanging out of the sheets onto the floor were covered in what looked like dried body fluids such as mucus, blood, and other unmentionable filth. The A/C unit sounded like a 50 year old Harley Davidson; the toilet rim and seat were not clean but streaked and smeared, and the hinges to the toilet lid were crusted with brown substance. To add insult to injury when I grabbed for a hand towel, it was very stiff and dryer burned with black kinky hairs stuck in the fibers.
We had checked in early at 1:15PM, but had been running errands after putting our luggage away, so we didn't get in to observe the room until after 7PM. This is when we were getting ready to get to bed early due to a huge move that we were in the middle of.
I called the front desk and told her our discoveries in the room, and she came up about 20 minutes later to see the validity in our complaint. She saw and documented on paper what she saw and asked if we wanted another room, and immediately we said, PLEASE! So she moved us into 168 which had been repainted and fixed up, and was much cleaner than 166 which still had old style furnishings and painted walls...
The bathrooms however in both rooms had substandard lighting because they had said there was an incident of a 90watt bulb being put in one's fixture and almost starting a fire, this per the maintenance man's comment when he came to take the lens out of our light so we could have a tiny bit more light. Anyone knows if you put a CFL bulb in these units that are about 12-16 watts, that they will not overheat and put of a lot of light up to 100 watts worth of incandescent lighting.
Sadly, I do not think we will ever come back here again. I was not only disappointed, but sad because of how nice it was while we stayed here the first time in 2010.
I hope for their sake that they can get this place pulled back together in a cleaner and more customer friendly way...
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.