“never seen such a dirty hotel.....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #91 of 176 hotels in Phoenix
eindhoven
“never seen such a dirty hotel.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Never seen such a dirty hotel, We had booked 6 days and after 1 hour regret. The place smelled like a cigar,The toilet is clogged with dirt....We were first 3 day in the Extended stay America hotel at the airport on oak street ,and this hotel was very good and clean.it is better if the manager of the hotel once traded with the other hotel to learn how to run a hotel.
I can not understand that the management of both hotels do not take action .....I do not recoment this hotel.

Room Tip: go to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

This was the worst hotel stay ever. You officially ruined me and my husbands vacation. The place smelled like a cigar and there was a pair of old broken eyeglasses in the bed. The bed had two poles hanging from it that we kept hitting our feet on. The water went to our anckels in the shower. The dishwasher ran water all over the floor and when I told the desk clerk, she gave me a mop. WTH? We had to keep hearing a knocking sound on the wall all day and all night from the flee dog on the other side scratching.The toilet was black and rusty at the bottom. The water took a long time getting hot. The couch had a stain on one of the cushions. And I had to pay $1 for each pack of coffee. And to top it off, the manger, Who we had to wait til the next day to complain to had a shirt on that looked like it came from the bottom of the drawer. Makes LA Exstended Stay look like Club Med. If anyone asked me about staying there, I'd say "DONT DO IT" Better luck at Motel 6. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not at Metro Extended Stay
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lava Hot Springs, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

Manager Kevin Butler and his staff were very attentive to anything we had problems with as in dishwasher, A/C, etc... Management worked a great price for our month stay while we looked for and purchased a home here in the city of Phoenix. Great location to restaurants as in Papadeaux's Cajun Cuisine, & TGI Friday. Rooms are not luxury, but very clean and adequate for a temporary living space while staying for a long period of time. Kitchenettes were very functional, fridge had ice maker, had a dishwasher and a 2 burner stove top.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

First of all, the location really lacks any creativity. It's in the middle of a business complex. What is there to do but drive in the nightmare traffic, right next to the hotel. It's dirtiness, smelliness is just the beginning. Apparently previous guests urinated in the heating system so when you needed air...look OUT! Sheets, towels, pillows straight from dollar general so don't look for any comforts here. When I asked why we were given rooms with one bed instead of two, they said very clearly and bluntly... YOU BOOKED WITH PRICELINE, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! so
buyer... BEWARE... run run run from here.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2006

The place as expected, king bed with full kitchen, everything is fine, we booked a room for 2 nites thru priceline for $25 per night so no complaining on my part. Room is clean/neat even tho close the I17 but no car noise as we can hear from the room.

• Liked — Full kitchen, close to highway/major metro area
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
City Of The Angels
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

When I stayed at this hotel six months ago I was absolutely disgusted at how dirty and smelly it was. I am a moderate smoker and so had requested a smoking room, but even as a smoker I was totally TURNED OFF by the reek and stench of the room, it was as if the carpets and drapes had not been cleaned for YEARS! Secondly there was tomato sauce ( I hope ) on the kitchen wall, dirty bathroom with burn marks, dirty outside with filth stuck to the air conditioner and building, just unbelieveably unclean, and I am not a clean freak. Even the front desk person was dressed in a shirt which looked as if it had not been laundered in weeks. Maybe this hotel has pulled it together in the months since my stay, but if not RUN AWAY from this dump.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filthy inside and out
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away, STAY FAR FAR AWAY!
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2005

My husband and I planned to stay here several nights while work was being done on our house. This hotel is close to where we live. I reserved a non-smoking room. After all the great reviews on tripadvisor.com and at only $50 a night, I though I had a smokin' deal. Non-smoking to me means - no smoking in the room. The room smelled somewhat smoky when we first got in there, but I rationalized that sometimes rooms get converted from smoking to non, or housekeepers smoke while they clean, etc. so while the room is not truly a "smoking room" there could be remnants. However, that night, invisible cigarette smoke poured in through the bathroom. The next day, all of our clothes and our suitcase reeked as if we'd been in a seedy bar with no circulation all night. I have asthma, so non-smoking is not a finicky preference, it is truly a health issue. If that had been the only problem we would have just asked for another room. But combined with the following, we just wanted out: The young woman who checked us in was sullen and had charged us a different amount than we'd been quoted on the phone and acted put out that we made her change it; there was a large rip in the blanket on the bed; an olive pit was on the floor under the air conditioner; sticky candy was embedded in the carpet; there was mold in the shower; a cigarette burn on the couch; the bed was very uncomfortable - all in all, not the kind of place geared to customer service. The kitchenette was a nice size and did seem clean. Everything else made me wish I'd brought hand sanitizer. We had checked in at 3:00 PM, but then had to leave our things at the hotel and didn't get back until late. If we'd noticed how bad it was when we first got there, we wouldn't have stayed even one night. Maybe the place has gone downhill since the other reviews were posted. Or maybe the things I've noted didn't bother other people. But I found -- I got what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Extended Stay America Phoenix
Extended Stay Phoenix
Phoenix Extended Stay
Address: 11211 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85029
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
#3 Best Value Hotel in Phoenix
#91 Top resorts Hotel in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.