“Staff was nice and courtous great for the Money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Midtown

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Midtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   217 West Osborn Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Phoenix - Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #128 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Mission,TX
“Staff was nice and courtous great for the Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Was here on bussiness for over a month and was treated great by the staff. Bathrooms were a bit dated but clean and the room itself was clean and also dated. Great place for extended stays. Please note that they do not change the bath towels and linens.

Room Tip: ask to stay in a room that has no trouble with cooling
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Looks nice from the outside, but after that, things did not go well. Odors offended my nose as soon as I walked in the door. I couldn't identify it but my partner said "dirty diapers." The staff was not particularly friendly but not rude either. Just doing business. Our room smelled badly of mold/mildew and the bed was very hard. The bathroom tub leaked constantly and there were dirty fingerprints on the glasses in the kitchen. The lounge chair in the room had arms ripped like a cat had been using it as a scratching post. The elevator floor was dirty and sticky. A manager was chewing on a housekeeper when I walked by in the hall and he did not wait while I passed. This must have been humiliating for the poor girl. People sit right outside the front door and smoke. This hotel was rated two stars on Priceline but I don't think it meets that level. Let's see, what good things can I say? They offer minimal breakfast: coffee, bagels and muffins. The parking was plentiful and free. Got a good night's sleep because the AC was loud and provided good white noise. Liked the kitchen. I would not stay here again. Priceline sometimes throws in a bad curve ball.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The hallway smells like trash and my room was filthy. I was supposed to stay a second night but I couldn't get out of there fast enough. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
colorado springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Worst Hotel ever, Had to wait an hour to checking because the front doors where locked for guest protection, no one at the front desk until 7am, room where very dirty and smelly, found syringes in the shower, used towels, looked like it has not been cleaned in a month. hard beds, light out. dirty pool. just all around bad!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

From the outside, the hotel looked great. The lobby was clean and the staff was courteous. Once we left the lobby, things went from good to bad! The hallway was dingy and the carpet was filthy-- we walked by several large stains that looked like dried blood or vomit. However, we wanted to check out the room before reaching any conclusions.

Upon first blush the room looked okay. I could tell it's been recently remodeled-- fresh coat of paint, flat screen TV, refurbished cabinets. However, once I entered, I noticed:
1) The room was very worn: dirty carpet (cigarette burns and white stains), dented and chipped furniture; and stained sofa; 2) The bedsheets had hair and lipstick on it; 3) Someone's belonging were left in the closed (neatly bundled in a clear plastic bag); and 4) The room was infested with ROACHES!

We grabbed our bags and left immediately. Extended Stay gave us a full refund with no apologies. We found a very clean and comfortable Holiday Inn Express for $30 more (breakfast included).

SUMMARY
The Good: Clean lobby; courteous staff.
The Bad: Everything else, including: lobby that closes at 10pm; dirty hallways; dingy rooms; and ROACHES.
Bottom line: Don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
yuma az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

On our way up from Yuma our power steering went out 40 mile short, so we staggered in. We were THRILLED the motel and our room were just across the lot from Firestone, who repaired our car (in one day).
As we were there on a medical trip, we appreciated the "hospital discount" for our 3 days.
Second night there, I left the windows down a bit and my cd's went away (classical, Hawaiian, and folk - figured they'd be tossed and checked trashes) - beware.
Accommodation (queen studio) was perfectly adequate. Bed, fridge, TV, whaddayawant?
Cont. breakfast minimal but adequate (take the bagel back to the room and toast it).
Utensils skimpy (no dishes) but told if you ask, you get some.
Staff friendly and helpful - ask for April.
Deducted one star for loss of some of my favorite CD's.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Midtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Midtown. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Gaylord, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I sent this to the corporate feedback contact:

"We chose to stay at the Midtown Park Central Extended Stay Deluxe before and after my husband had spinal cord surgery at St. Joseph Hospital in Phoenix, which is two blocks away. We don't have any family or friends in the area. One staff member in particular has been extremely helpful and personifies customer service: Gabe. I have called him my angel, as he has gone above and beyond to meet and exceed our expectations. My husband has a lot of pain and special needs while waiting to fly home on Tuesday, and Gabe has been there for me. He found a handicapped shower chair in storage for us to use. Every request for pillows, blankets, batteries for the remote control, extra towels, and where to order food for delivery has been delivered with a smile - no matter how many odd requests I may have. Even if Gabe has an irritable customer before me, he still has time for a pleasant comment. In all my years of hotel travel for business and pleasure, Gabe is #1 in terms of customer satisfaction and deserves numerous accolades. He works the night shift, which is when I seem to have the most needs. Every time I walk through the lobby, he asks how my husband is doing or feeling, and his presence here has made a difficult situation easier. I can't tell you how much Gabe has made our stay here the best that it could be. Thank you, Gabe!!!"

The hotel property is conveniently located to the hospital, and although the breakfast is limited, the coffee is excellent. Location, in-room kitchen and service were the two top features for us. The full-size refrigerator held everything we needed; bottled water, fruit, frozen meals, etc. Two-burner stovetop, microwave, and sink are small but do the job. Limited utensils and plates/bowls for two in each room. We switched to a handicapped room after surgery, and it was perfect for our needs. Our previous king room really needed some updating (mirror door on closet didn't slide, bathroom/kitchen fixtures were older). Service is great and friendly. I felt safe at this property, even walking in the dark back and forth to the hospital. Never got to get in the small pool, which looked clean and inviting. Laundry facilities are on each floor and are adequate. Ice machine only on second floor. If you are looking for a hotel home for surgery at St. Joseph Hospital, pick this property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Midtown? Share your experiences!