“The Legacy and the Community--a resort or a summer camp?” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6808 South 32nd St., Phoenix, AZ 85042   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Mesa, AZ
“The Legacy and the Community--a resort or a summer camp?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Just spent a couple of nights at this truly lovely facility. However, I found that MANY of those in the pool were not registered guests, but were locals from the nearby community. The pool is not large to begin with, and with all of the kids who were brought here to swim, there was just no room. Plus, those who work at the snack bar or dispense towels pay no attention to what is going on in the pool or at poolside. You would think there was a swim up bar for all of the drinks, cans, and cups in the pool. At 10:00 p.m. when the pool closed, carloads of people left the pool, hopped into their vehicles and drove off the property. I suppose this would not happen in the cooler months, but I would not recommend this place to those attempting to relax poolside during the hot summer months.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Peoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I will start with the positives. The room and restaurant - both food and staff - were great. The front desk staff seemed great but several of their claims - and those on the web - were not true. We went on a package and when we checked in the front desk clerk specifically commented on the discount on the golf. When I checked in for golf the next morning they said the discount did not apply because they had a discounted rate for the weekend. It is fine, but if you have to pay the same as anyone playing off the street then there is no discount for staying there so stop saying there is.
The major disappointment was at the pool. The pool itself was fine but the staff working was not acceptable. The bar staff was ambivalent at best. I presented the discount card when first ordered and they said wait till I close out the tab. I did and didn't check the bill closely - my mistake. When I checked out at the end of the stay, I double checked the bill and found out that they had not taken the discount and to add insult to injury there is a 20% gratuity that is automatically added. There was no warning about the gratuity and they even have a tip jar out. That is unethical and unacceptable. The rest of the staff was not much better. We showed up on Saturday and signed out towels. We found chairs and then started for the pool and one of the other guests told us we couldn’t go in. It turns out they had to shock the pool which is understandable, but for the person at the towel stand to not say anything or not having someone around to advise guests of what was going on is just not professional.
Again at the checkout the staff seemed good but when I commented about these issues they said they there was nothing they could do as the course and pool are run by contractors. Sorry Legacy – you get judged by all the facilities and staff at the establishment.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We have stayed here with our kids, and by ourselves, at least 5 times through out the years and love it.....even though we never play golf! About the only time we leave the resort is to go to AZ Mills mall or to Sun Splash water park. We buy our own food, seeing it has a full kitchen. They have tennis, volleyball, shuffleboard, ping pong, a pool, jacuzzi & work out room, all of which we use; not to mention beautiful views from our own balcony. The staff provide great service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

The Legacy was an awesome place to hold my husband's birthday party golf weekend for about 35 people. Accomodations were perfect for his friends and our family! We were all able to enjoy golf, the pool and hold a dinner in his honor. The staff is wonderful to work with and very helpful! They were the ones that helped me make it as nice as it was. Highly recommend it for any kind of get together! Everyone was happy!

• Stayed June 2009
bergen county, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Our daughter attends ASU and we first stayed here in June 07, and keep coming back. Off season prices are excellent for the size and accommodations of the room. Pool area is very nice, and love having our own patio and lounge chairs outside of our room. Hopefully we will be back many more times. Kids even enjoyed the pool and all the activities there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I usually stay at this resort every month, but somewhere along the line, they forgot how to treat customers. The room was not the room we reserved and the room they moved us to was loud and noisy the whole time. Didn't get any sleep and the didn't even get an apology...just a "well, you can get free breakfast" and "how would you like to make your payment." My and my fiance left dissatisfied and disgusted by the lack of understanding. Lost a good customer today.. enough to let me write this crappy review.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I visited Legacy Golf Resort with my BF, my sister and her son. It was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable vacations that I have taken. We are already looking to book next year for an extended stay. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. Check in was a breeze and the young lady who helped me was fantastic. The only drawback I saw was the pool area did not seem to be supervised. We observed car loads of people who were not staying at the resort piggy back to gain entry. I never saw any issues but they might want to nip that in the bud before there is one. While we were there, we got one of the best massage's ever. Very professional and Very well done. None of us Golf but next year we plan on taking lessons so we can partake in a game. two thumbs up. Way to make a East Coast girl wished she lived on the West Coast. :-)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy Golf Resort? Share your experiences!