“TERRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore

You added Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2310 E. Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Hotel Highland at Biltmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop til you drop!
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Columbus, Ohio
“TERRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is not a review to complain about the construction going on. That had no effect on my stay what so ever. This is a review about the staff and managers. I was near the front desk and I overheard the GM, Kenny, I think his name was? Speaking to one of his younger front desk clerks. All I can say is that it was highly innapropriate. I later saw the poor girl bombarded with other guests checking in, the phone was ringing off the hook, and the GM just stood there. He didn't even bother to help her. It looks like this place has really gone downhill in the past couple of months, and their lack of team work shows. I feel awful for the poor girl working at the desk.

Other than that, my room was beautiful, awesome breakfast-especially the tamales! I have nothing to complain about except management. Unbelievable how they treat the employees.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Heathmartin:

Thank you for your response. This one is deeply troubling to me, as we make every effort in our actions and corporate culture to value our employees highly. We feel that they are indeed our most valuable asset that we have, and I pride myself on having an excellent relationship with my staff. I have pulled several of my staff members aside in the last few days to inquire specifically about this, and each of them assured me that they have never felt undervalued, unappreciated, or inappropriately spoken to. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about this offline if you would be so kind as to give me a call. I certainly hope and trust that this was possibly a case where we were joking around with each other and there could have been a misunderstanding from an observer. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Evanston, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Every piece of information I received about this hotel was inaccurate. My room was incredibly tiny (like a cruise ship). The phone didn't work, the remote didn't work and the wifi didn't work. The wine bar/restaurant, business center and fitness center were closed for loud construction. There were construction workers everywhere on every floor and the common areas were disgusting. I paid over $500 for three nights and it was a miserable experience. It is inconvenient to restaurants, so make sure you have a car. Most of the staff were friendly but (with the exection of one shuttle driver) none were concerned with making sure things were taken care of. But at least they weren't mean. There was not a desk or chair in my room as stated on the website. There wouldn't have been room for one anyway. The "digital thermostat" controls a window unit. There was no iPod dock, and I never saw the "patio lounge with a fire pit" described on the website. Please do not waste your time or money at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, make sure you ask for a larger room. They will know what you mean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ahmutual:
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am deeply sorry that you were caught in the middle of our conversion (during an extremely high demand week), which is now complete. The room that you were assigned was one of our smaller Studio suites – of which we only have four. Our typical rooms are very spacious, as they were all Suites at one point. The website was being updated to reflect the new information, and I regret that some of it was not accurate for the time that you were here due to the construction. We have a brand new WiFi system that is lightning fast. The fitness center has reopened and is extremely well equipped as well as being ultra modern. Perhaps we did not properly direct you to any of the 15 restaurants 2 blocks away at the Biltmore Fashion Square, or the plethora of other restaurants within a very close proximity. Our complimentary shuttle takes guests within a three mile radius anywhere that they would like to go. I regret that your experience was not what you had hoped. I trust that you will allow me the opportunity to bring you back and show you why so many other guests have become loyal fans of the hotel. I believe that the Construction going on had a highly negative impact on your stay, and we are now completing the end of that phase.
Waterloo, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

my wife and myself had a good time for 3 nights at Highland at Biltmore in october 2012.
we appreciated mostly the fact that the employees are all very kind and ready to help you and give easily all information needed.

price quality is very good, with a clean and large room; wifi is included in the rate, same for the breakfast ( rather poor and served only till 9 am, ...bur ok, for the price, you cannot ask for the everest !)

pool is nice and well maintained , with enough chairs for people who want to go.

convenient is the free shuttle from and to airport, ready also to bring you everywhere in the neighbourhood ( 3 miles) if you don't have a car.

hotel close to Biltmore mall ( 5 min walk ), where you can find many restaurants.
we ate sometimes at the halfmoon, even closer on highland avenue, because they serve late in the night.

just for information, this hotel changes of name in november; it becomes a Hampton Inn: no doubt the service will be maintained and even improved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
patrick v,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Hotel Highland. We're glad you were our guests, and we're pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for letting other viewers know of our great hotel as well as our wonderful surrounding area. We hope you will come back for another visit. We will be Hampton Inn by Hilton, and we are excited about being a part of the Hampton Inn brand.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place is great...has a real cool vibe, in addition to great service and amenities. We didn't even get a chance to experience the wine bar and had to leave for the airport before breakfast (although the nice young man putting breakfast together had some things out early and we got to grab some yogurt and a bagel), but we experienced enough to know we'll be back.
The room is large, comfortable, beautifully decorated and well-equipped. The A/C fan runs constantly, which is great for blocking out unwanted noise. I agree with another reviewer who mentioned needing more outlets (I found a couple on the BACK of the desk lamp!). The modern sink was more fun than functional for me. But I loved the nice big sink and counter, and want to say thank you to the designers who put lights BESIDE the mirror instead of just above only.
You can tell everything about this place was well thought out. I kinda hate to see it turn into a Hampton Inn this fall. Hope they don't change much.

Room Tip: With the fan running all night, every room should be quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
ilive4sun,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our spacious, comfortable rooms. Our conversion to the Hampton brand is very exciting and the changes will only be improvements added on to an already great facility. We hope you'll come and see us as Hampton Inn by Hilton for another exceptional visit.
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a great hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, my only criticism was a lack of easily accessible power sockets. The staff were polite and always happy to help. The hotel shuttle was great and both drivers I met were cheerful and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure trips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
casualtyofchocolate,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Hotel Highland Phoenix. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and happy you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you liked our staff and found our shuttle drivers to be cheerful and courteous. I know what it means for our busy travelers to be received with a smile and cheerful personality. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to have you come and visit us again soon.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

As a Brit travelling alone in the States or, indeed, anywhere in the world, I find Tripadvisor invaluable when it comes to sourcing good accommodation at a reasonable price, and yet again I struck gold with the Hotel Highland.

I have stayed at the Hotel Highland on two separate occasions within the past month and found that it was perfect for my requirements i.e. comfortable, well priced, friendly staff, free shuttle to airport, swimming pool (essential in the 100F+ heat of Phoenix in early September) and a large, well appointed room with a wonderful kingsize bed. OK, so the lobby was being refurbished, but quite frankly what does it matter? How long does one spend there for it to be an issue?

The hotel is currently being upgraded to become part of the Hilton chain and work was in progress during my stay but caused me no problem whatsoever. Certainly it would benefit from a bit of a refurb but in the meantime, the place is perfectly clean, comfortable and well placed.

The breakfast was perfectly adequate and it appeared that you could just keep going back as much as you wanted, if feeding your face was what you wanted to do. Certainly, it had everything a normal person would want for a breakfast to kickstart the system in the morning, but if you are looking for a gourmet buffet in luxurious surroundings, then you need to stay elsewhere - at least for the moment.

The hotel is near the Biltmore Fashion Mall which had some lovely shops and restaurants, but if you are looking for REAL food, then you need to head in the opposite direction - take a right along East Highland Avenue, past the medical mall and turn right, head up the road a couple of hundred metres and on the left hand side, between two buildings, will take you past the Marriott hotel and in the direction of the Italian Restaurant, where good food and wine awaits you. Best food I had during my trip.

I found no problem with Internet access, although others appear to have found it slow. In any case, there is a terminal in the bar which you can use FOC and even a printer if you need to print off a boarding pass.

All in all, a very pleasant experience and I can recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
whizzkid50,
Thank you for your most delightful review about your stay with us at Hotel Highland. It was a great pleasure to have had you as our guest. We're pleased you liked our spacious rooms and comfortable beds. I'm glad the staff was welcoming for you as well. We hope your future travels will bring you back to the Phoenix area and you'll come and stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on aug 24-26, 2012. The lobby was being remodeled so we had to use the side entrance. The bar/breakfast area was clean and contemporary. Arrive @ this hotel via McDowell etc, because if u come any other way you will get lost or think the hotel is not a good value. The rooms were very hip, clean and comfortable. Walk in shower was a nice touch and the iPod/iPhone dock w/ speakers was a nice extra. Did not get to swim but pool was clean.

The weight room has free weights so I was able to get a nice workout in. The breakfast was simple but good. The only thing I did not like was they held $60 plus whatever the room rate in case of damages. I booked on Kayak for $75 for 2 nights and no where on that site as well as the hotels website didn't they mention the hold. I would assume tips would be a tricky matter for people on a budget. Overall left was a good impression

• Stayed August 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dunkjp,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you stayed with us and had a pleasant experience. I’m glad you liked our room amenities and had time for a workout during your stay. We appreciate your good impression review and hope you will come and see us again soon as we rebrand to Hampton Inn Phoenix Biltmore.

All the best,
Kevin Barbour, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore? Share your experiences!