“Stay if you must” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 South 47th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034 (South Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #37 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Warren, New Jersey
“Stay if you must”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel serves a purpose, it is close to the airport. You want to stay here if you have a 6am departure. Rooms were adequate and clean. If you are looking to take the airport shuttle Be aware they do not take reservations and they seat by airline. If there are too many people and your airline is located at the end of the terminal you will be waiting for another shuttle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent accommodations and location for short return to the airport via courtesy van which departs on the 1/2 hour and hour. Although this location has food and beverages, a short drive or cab ride down University Drive into Tempe will take you to many nice casual restaurants, so don't simply rely on the touch screen at the hotel to locate a restaurant. The pool is very nice and well maintained. Although this location is a stone's throw from the airport, you hardly notice the air traffic coming in. Easy on-off access to I-10 or other roads leading to the airport. Our room was quiet and very nice.

Room Tip: Our room faced the rear parking lot and was very nice and quiet. Other rooms facing the pool had ba...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello Glenn0448
Thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your trip to Phoenix. I am glad that you found our shuttle; dining options and pool met your needs. We are very convenient to Tempe, home of ASU, and the airport. We hope you come to Phoenix again so you can experience more amenities the hotel has to offer.

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I arrived in Phoenix late at night and used this Courtyard to stay at for the night since I couldn't check into my resort until the following day. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The only hiccup was that they said for some reason my reservation had been cancelled (I have NO idea how that happened) but they were still able to get us in no problem. It wasn't really what I would call a "luxury" hotel, but it served its purpose and I had a decent night's sleep after a long day of traveling!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello ABB1976
Thank you so much staying with us the first night of your Phoenix vacation. I hope you enjoyed the resort the following few days.
I am pleased to hear the staff was friendly and welcoming upon your arrival. I am sorry to hear that there was a mix up with your reservation. It is very frustrating when that happens.
Did you notice that we were called a luxury hotel somewhere on the website? I will look into the description of the hotel with my team and see what we can find. I do love our hotel a lot, but I agree that luxury might not be the best word.
Thank you again for being a guest of ours and we hope we see you again in Phoenix or at another Marriott property in the future.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel twice. Once on our way out to Maui and again on our way home. Both times were exceptional. Coming home, we arrived at 7AM and asked if a room would be ready for us that early. The staff indicated that they had sold out the night before, but would do their best to accommodate us. Sure enough, we had a room and a king size bed to boot! The maid even wrote us a cute note of welcome. We used the pool facility and it was clean and quiet. We ate here on our way out to Maui and it was certainly acceptable. On our return trip, we walked over to the Hilton and had dinner. The shuttle service was efficient and friendly as well.

Hello Weluv2travel07
Thank you so much staying with us to start and finish your wonderful vacation to Maui. I hope you enjoyed your trip!
It is so great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations by accommodating your requests.
Our housekeeping team truly loves the hotel and their job. The little notes in the room are something they started doing on their own for their guests. Between the entire team, there is more than 127years of experience.
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for just one night, but really liked the convenience of shuttle pick-ups and drop-offs from the airport and more importantly, Tempe downtown. We did not need a rental car and they were really prompt in picking us up.

In general, the staff was really friendly (especially Giselle) and made our stay that much better. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Kragca!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review about our hotel and team. I am so pleased to hear our team was able to make your stay easy and convenient while you were with us. Our staff really enjoys being able to take care of our guests. I am so happy to hear Jezelle was friendly and made your stay even better. She has just moved to Phoenix and joined our team, so I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share feedback with us. We hope to see you again when you come to Phoenix.
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My US Airways flight arrived late and I missed my connecting flight.
I had to spend a night at Phoenix and they gave me a room at this Hotel.
The first room, a small end-unit on the 2nd floor, was really dark and smaller than other rooms.
I asked for another room and the second one was really clean and spacious.
I liked the mini snack bar on the first floor where they serve sandwiches and drinks.
The mini-store has some necessary items but they were so expensive.
A bottle of wine cost $20, where you can buy the same one at $8-9 elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not take the end-unit on the left side of the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to share feedback from your most recent trip to Phoenix. I am sorry to hear that your flight arrived late but we are glad that you were able to experience our hotel. If you would like to send me an email with your name and arrival date, I would be happy to look into the first room you received on the 2nd floor and see why this room is different from the other rooms at the hotel. (Donalei.smith@marriott.com)
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Bistro we have in the lobby. This is something new for us and Courtyards and we are getting great comments. I am going to look into the bottle of wine options we carry at the hotel. We always try and provide a good value to our guests and we may have some opportunity in this area.
Thank you again and we hope to see you on a scheduled visit to Phoenix!
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Previous reviews have covered the recent renovation quite well. It's perfect, and it's near the airport, AND it's quiet. There's a great pool and hot tub area, covered lounges are available; the pool is decently sized. We arrived mid afternoon, got a great welcome; and a room with a view of the pool. Unfortunately we had a 3AM reveille for an early flight; but the front desk was completely awake and friendly when we left. High marks.

If you've got a little time to kill; this is a good spot. It's not particularly scenic; but it's central to the city and Tempe in particular. The outdoor areas are a great spot to kick back, and the bistro offers decent meals without leaving the property. And if you've got time to sleep in before your flight......10 minutes to Sky Harbor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Blue_Water_Lovers!
Thank you so much for being a guest of ours and sharing about your recent visit. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the property, pool and Bistro and especially the team at the Courtyard. It can be a little hard to be awake and friendly at 3am, so I am happy to hear they were.
Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon!!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!