“Good hotel near Phoenix Sky Harbor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 South 47th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034 (South Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 176 hotels in Phoenix
Agde
“Good hotel near Phoenix Sky Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had one night here before the start of a tour to Mexico and a further 4 nights at the end of the tour. We arrived at the airport and phoned the hotel to ask for the courtesy coach to come and pick us up. The hotel is clean and quiet. We enjoyed the extra nights at the end of our tour. There is a sunny garden with a very nice swimming pool with sun beds and sun shades. There is a Jacuzzi too. We really appreciated this quiet time in the garden after a very hectic visit to Mexico. Our room was clean and comfortable. We would have liked a walk in shower rather than the over the bath one. But the bath was low which meant that it was easy to get in and out of. The staff were helpful, polite and always cheerful. (except for one at breakfast who was not pleasant.) We wanted to go out and eat ribs one evening and they suggested Monti's in downtown Tempe. They took us in their courtesy bus and after the meal we rang them and they came and picked us up. An excellent suggestion and very good service. The food in the hotel was OK as you would expect for a hotel used mainly for overnight stays. We went to eat at the Hilton hotel next door where there is a "proper" restaurant. We took 2 trips and were picked up from the hotel. One to see the Grand Canyon and another a tour of the city of Phoenix. All in all we enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Some of the rooms over look the garden and others the hotels etc next door.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. I really hope you enjoyed your trip to Mexico. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the hotel, our outside living area and the staff. I will make sure I share this with my team. However I am going to further look into the server working in the morning during your stay. At no time should our team ever be unpleasant to our guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you return to Phoenix.
Thank you!

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm sure most of us have stayed at Courtyard properties over the years. Tried and true formula and very predictable. This property pretty much fits the bill with the exception that the rooms have all been tastefully remodeled in the past month. Very nicely done with new beds, fairly high end linen, etc. The lobby was remodeled four years ago and it is pretty cool with an espresso bar and limited service restaurant/cafe, and relaxing common area. There is a reasonably good kiosk with snacks and other stuff too. Free airport shuttle, in room fridge, and the other Courtyard stuff as expected. Front desk staff was really great at check in too. All in all a great place now that rooms are newly remodeled.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for being a guest of ours recently to experience the new look. I have to agree that the concept of Courtyard is very predictable no matter what state you are in. We do have all the same great amenities that our travelers need to make their stay convenient, but we have had a recent renovation. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our new beds. This was one of the items we are most excited about. We upgraded the mattresses to 12inch Sealy like you would have in your own home.
Thank you for your comments about the staff as well. I will make sure I share all of these with the team!!
Clontarf, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff here are very nice and cheerful, no matter what the time of day. Our room had brand new carpet and bed (ongoing project mentioned in other reviews here). Room was clean, bed was comfortable, airport shuttle was on time & helpful. Good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello David B!

Thank you so much for taking your time to write about our hotel and team. I am happy to hear you noticed and like the upgrades and that we were able to help make your trip successful.

Our team strives to making our guests happy from start to finish and they will be happy to read they did with you.

Hope to see you again soon!
Oregon, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We used tihs as a transit hotel to save some money before going downtown for a conference. Note that getting downtown is a $20-$25 taxi trip (each way) and it takes 15-45 minutes to get a taxi to show up at the hotel. If you were staying here solo without people to split the taxi ride then your savings compared to downtown would evaporate quickly unless you have your own car. There is another hotel with a different restaurant in addition to the Courtyard new style Bistro here. You could also go to Mesa for food, we didn't stay long enough to try that out. There is really nothing else around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Runs4Cache!
Thank you for taking the time to share your transportation opportunities with us. We are now providing a shuttle ride to the LightRail location (about 1mile away) that will take our guests downtown to multiple locations (Convention Center, USAirways Center, Chase field ect) and an all-day pass is just $3.50.
We hope the next time you come to Phoenix with a need to go to downtown, we can be your host hotel again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was the hotel my office group stayed at prior to flying out of Arizona. The lobby area was nice, but that was the beginning and the ending of the nice. Once I got to my room, I instantly got the impression that this hotel used to be a Motel 6 or Super 8 motel. The bedding was cheap....as in 50 thread count sheet cheap! The bed was horrible overall, the furniture and carpeting was simply pathetic.

I can say that the hotel was involved in some modernization process as their were workers outside my window working on carpeting.

I have stayed in some very nice Courtyard hotels.....but this definitely wasn't one of them!

Room Tip: Book at the Fairfield Inn across the parking lot!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PHXCA_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your note. I am sorry to hear that your visit wasn’t up to standards. We do have a great lobby, but once you walk down the hallway it is a much different story. I am happy to share that you were correct with the activity going on in the parking lot. We are currently undergoing a full guest room renovation and will be done at the end of January. We are putting in new carpet, new Sealy beds (12inch like you would have at home) new beautiful linen, curtains, wallpaper and guest room furniture.
I hope your travels bring you back to Phoenix again so you can experience our new product.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've been here well over a week now. A little different than every other Courtyard around. I like this one a lot. The staff here is extremely pleasant and accommodating. Kara, Michelle, Scott and Jake are awesome. Sorry if I left anyone out, great team at this place.

• Stayed December 2012
HI Ron,

Thank you so much for your nice note! I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip and our staff took such good care of you during your visit. I am very excited to share that since you have left we have started our full guest room renovation and should be fully completed by the end of the month. I hope your travels bring you back so you can experience our new Sealy beds and the beautiful new linen.
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Free airport shuttle runs every 30 mins. Was there in 10 mins when we called at 2:30AM. Free secure WiFi in rooms. Many breakfast options (hot or prepacked stuff like muffins, cakes, fruit, yogurt). Pool, hot tub, small exercise room on site. HD TV with 2 HBO channels in rooms. Starting point for Copper Canyon tours (resold by Trafalgar and others).

• Stayed November 2012
Hello R K
I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip. I hope you enjoyed the trip out to Mexico as well! Such a fun experience. I am very excited to share that since you have left we have started our full guest room renovation and should be fully completed by the end of the month. I hope your travels bring you back so you can experience our new Sealy beds, upgraded guest room furniture and the beautiful new linen.
Donalei Smith

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!