“Bedbugs bites that the Mgr.( Gronky) refused to acknowledge.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #109 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Bedbugs bites that the Mgr.( Gronky) refused to acknowledge.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I checked in on Wed. May 20th for 5 day stay. Thursday morning I got 2 bites on my
left arm and felt itches on other parts of my body. I decided to check ed out on Friday
when 2 more itches appear on my left arm. The Mgr. ( Gronky ) inspected the beds and said there were no bugs or insects. Saturday I went to an urgent care because the bites have swollen reddish and blisters have formed. Informed the Mgr. but he still refused to acknowledge the bedbugs( insects) and even challenged me to see my lawyer. What a terrible employee. There were cockroaches in the kitchen sink and the floors were not vacuumed properly.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first and observe its cleanliness.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Was surprised to see so many recent negative reviews! My room, on the other hand, was very nice, comfortable and clean. There were, I admit, two small rust spots on the sink drain! But I saw and heard absolutely nothing less than very good during my brief stay!
Was surprised there is no wake up call, but I managed! No pool? The motel 6 I stayed in the night before had an indoor one but it was closed! No utensils in cupboards? A friendly standup card on the kitchen counter advised me my kitchen will be custom outfitted as per my selection and included pictures to help me!
My company hadn't confirmed my reservation but Christa at the front desk was very patient and took excellent care of me!
I suspect many unhappy travelers were grumpy before they got here. But I was well pleased.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

I have stayed at several extended stays through out the years and this one is extremely sad,we were informed that no amenities are in the rooms ''cooking utensils and such'' we booked a king smoking room got off the elevator and all you can smell is marijuana,got to the room and no king bed but a full size bed looked around and found feces on the floor under the desk,called the front desk? can't the phone line was broken,got another room with 2 beds dirty floors and walls then had to go down stairs to pick up a huge bin with plates dishes and cooking utensils since were here for 6 day's,trying to make sure we have everything;need a sink stopper,don't have one,this is probably my last visit with this hotel chain,customers check in to a hotel to relax after traveling all day,this is far from relaxing!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tombstone, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

We only stayed one night but it was unnerving. Started with two women next door who were in the "business". First thing that hits you is the stale smoke smell.
Nothing like the pictures on the site, small, cramped. Toilet had rust, no mattress pad, dingy towels. Then we opened the night stand and found used drug paraphernalia. A packaged of aluminum foil, squares of aluminum, cut straw and an empty drug pouch. I have pictures. The next morning house keeping knocks on the door and I showed her. She got a latex glove to remove it , applogized and never wiped the residue that was left. Checked out and got a half heart " oh, Sorry"
Never again will I stay there. Not even an offer of a refund! I sent an email to there corporate office.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

We were terribly disappointed in our stay at the Extended Stay Hotel. The room was bare-bones, to say the least... not even plastic cups for a drink of water. There was NOTHING in the kitchen... except what appeared to be mouse droppings on the shelf next to the microwave. The TV did not work upon arrival and the Wifi was weak. I requested a pen at the front desk to write a note and was told, "that is not standard... we do not provide pens". We are adventurous, mature travellers and have never experienced such dissatisfaction in our accommodations and service. Our room rate was expensive ($160) for such minimal accommodations. We will never stay in one of these hotels again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there were cleanliness issues in your room and that you were not informed of the amenities we offer upon check-in. The situation you described is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had your room inspected and deep cleaned to ensure your experience is not repeated. In regards to dishware, we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms for cleanliness purposes; however, these items are available at the front desk upon request. This allows our guests to customize their fully equipped kitchens with freshly cleaned dishes to fit their kitchen needs. To uphold our company’s high standards, I will make sure our staff clearly explains all the amenities we offer upon guest check-in as well as responding to guest requests in a timely and respectful manner. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at phx@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

First off, I had no idea that this hotel is smoke allowing facility when I made a reservation two months ago. Upon arrival one night ago, we were put in room 301. As soon as we walked out the elevator and into the hallway of third floor, the entire hallway was filled with smoke. That's when I realized that we were on a wrong floor and in a smoking room. I went back to the front desk requesting a nonsmoking room and was denied because we were told there was none left. As if that wasn't bad enough, when we got in the room and found the bed lights were not working and towels in the bath room were filthy! Oh, they dog next door barked all night long, another shocking fact that I wasn't aware before, pets are allowed. One positive thing out of the bad experience was that I learned something new about this hotel chain and would not stay any of them again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Moscow, ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

I stayed here one night passing through the area. I had a reservation. Late check-in was no problem. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet. Room has a kitchette, but they don't provide anything like plates, flatware, etc, until you provide them with a list. I guess that's ok and it helps keep the cost down. The downside is that they don't even provide a coffee-maker unless you ask, so there was no in-room coffee for my one-night stay. They have coffee in the lobby. No breakfast, but granola bars and muffins. However, the idea behind an extended stay property is that the traveler is staying for a while and stocks up on supplies and uses the kitchen in their room. That's how they keep cost down. Overall, I just needed a comfortable quiet place for the night and that's what I got, at a very good price for the area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2015
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of the Extended Stay Phoenix Airport. Please accept our apologies that you were not informed of our dishware policy upon check-in. We do provide dishes and coffee makers along with complimentary in-room coffee to each guest upon request. Dishes are no longer kept in guest rooms to ensure that the dishes are sanitized between each guest and to allow guests to customize their kitchens with dishware that meets their needs. Some guests may only want coffee first thing in the morning or all day whereas other guests may want to cook a full meal in the room. Still, we are glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay overall. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport? Share your experiences!