“TRUST THE REVIEWS! DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“TRUST THE REVIEWS! DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I will start off by saying run down is excusable, filth is NOT! We went down there for a baseball tournament and figured that we would not be spending much time in the room, thus we didn't want to spend a lot. I would have paid 3 times what we did in order to have a clean place to stay.

We arrived at 930 pm and we're given our room keys. The room was DISGUSTING! FECES and urine on toilet seat, hairs in sink and tub. The toilet literally looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. There was NO way I was going to use this bathroom! Onto the bed. The bedspread had stains. The sheets and mattress pad were also stained. There were crumbs all over the counter and dishwasher. Like seriously their cleaning crew must be blind!

I went to the front office and was moved to another room which appeared to be somewhat cleaner. We found two dirty socks under the bed and a dried, stained and unsanitary wash cloth under the sofa. Dust everywhere. The TV was wobbly and light next to bed didn't work.

Reading past reviews it appears as though management cares however they don't care enough to hold staff accountable and make sure they do their jobs.

NEVER AGAIN. The money that I paid was too much for this DIVE!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I wouldn't stay here again for free.

From the minute we arrived to minute we left we were miserable. Staff was rude, room was terribly filthy and included a horrific funk. It was a hot day and the air conditioner could barely cool the room which made it even worse.

At 2AM I awoke when the air conditioner started to smoke and smelled like it was on fire. I quickly unplugged it and called the front desk. I was told there was nothing they could do because the hotel was sold out, except maybe come up to the desk for some febreeze for the smell. They couldn't even bring it to me. When I refused I was told to turn the air back on, make sure I didn't turn on the heater and to open a window. Well it was 80 degrees. I wasn't about to turn on the heater. But I wasn't going to turn the air back on either. The smell of burning wires with the funk of the room was horrendous.

BTW...I don't believe for one second that this place was sold out. There were maybe 15 cars around the whole building.

So now it's 3 AM and I'm standing guard against a fire or a straight up home invasion with the windows wide open in a very shady neighborhood, just so my wife could get some sleep, when one of those cars alarm goes off...Three times...Directly outside our window!

I could hear the car's owner going back and forth to look for something and it would go off every time. Not just the chirping of the locking/unlocking. No it was full on Armageddon alarm and it stayed on for a good 20 seconds every time. I'm pixxed and I'm ready say something to this guy. I look out and its the dude from the front desk. I was floored. I can only guess he was mad that I woke him at 2AM so he decided we wouldn't be sleeping either.

Needless to say we cut our stay to one night. I can't imagine somebody staying here for any extended period of time. Without question the worst stay I've ever had at a hotel of any level...and I travel often.

While checking out early next morning I tried to share my experience with the manager. She obviously had no compassion whatsoever. Seemed like she'd heard it all before and couldn't care any less.

Oh well, live and learn, I guess. But don't be a hero. Take my advice...The $20 to $30 dollars you think you're saving is not worth the grief of this dump.

No pool, No coffee maker, No hair dryer, No hangers, No ice machines, No fan in the bathroom...and no public bathrooms if you happen be a decent person and want to avoid stinking up the room for your roomates. The free WiFi was weak at it's best...unless you want to pay for a boosted signal of course.

Just an all around stink hole.

LIFE'S TOO SHORT! BE HAPPY! STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Extended Stay America(ESA) has a wonderful plan to do away with frills like pool, health room, restaurant/bar etc, replace all that with a full kitchen in every room, call it a suite and charge significantly less than other hotels. Sadly at this location, too much has been ignored and allowed to deteriorate. Several years ago this hotel was a great bargain. This time, the air conditioning was inconsistent, the refrigerator didn't cool, the TV only had about half the channels working, a deskchair was broken and the woman at the check-in desk was minimally courteous. When I called attention to all these issues, several were promptly corrected. That was something positive! But why should I have to call the desk for silverware and dishes...and then have to go down to the desk to pick them up because the woman there was "so busy" that she forgot about my call. The bed was comfortable and the TV was large and new though with limited channels. But why did I need 2 desk chairs and no easy chair? Great idea, ESA, but this site needs lots and lots of help!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here a total of three nights--this place met our needs and budget. It was close to the airport, and in a decent area--it's right next to a Hilton, Holiday Inn Express, and Drury Inn and Suites. Our room and bathroom were clean and fairly modern (flat screen TV, new carpet, A/C worked well). The kitchen could have used an update (cabinets were dated and fridge was a little noisy, but this masked my boyfriend's snoring), but it was functional and clean. You do need to ask for cookware and dinnerware, but this is clearly stated on a sign in the kitchen--you can call the front desk and let them know what you want and they'll bring it to your room. The grab-and-go breakfast was just that--had coffee, tea, oatmeal, oranges, apples, granola bars, and muffins (this was fine by us as we were on the run most of the time). Not sure why others gave this place such scathing reviews--it's just right for the price.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Glendale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Oh boy! Where do I start when it comes to this place.
I read lots of reviews here and another site and decided to give them a try.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

PROS:
TV worked
Close to the freeway

CONS:
NON-SMOKING ROOM - smelled like smoke
OFFICE DESK - was a table that looked like it was bought at ikea
read on:

Figured that the best thing to do was to use a brand name location centrally located to all Spring Training facilities. Friends who visit California use this company and so decided can't be that bad. I was wrong.

Walk into the lobby and lady doesn't smile. No worries, just get my room. They give me a room and tell me that because I am staying a week, there would be no room service. Told them I paid for the daily room upkeep and it was like pulling teeth to prove. (Strike 1)
Then head to the room. Open the door and viola! There are two unmade beds, trash thrown all over the floor and clothes everywhere. (Strike 2)
Head back to lobby and front desk lady says, "Oh I would never have given you a room that wasn't ready. They told me it was ready." (Strike 3)
Given the room next it. Well at least it was clean.
Walk in, and bam!!!! Cigarette smell permeates this non-smoking room. It got worse as it got hot and the AC not on. Figured it would disappear by a couple of days. Never did. (Strike 4)
Head to first game of the week. Come back decided to take a shower and the shower curtain smells like cigarette smoke. Entire week this smell is permeating the room. Thankfully only reason to use the room is to sleep.
Of course, the toilet ran all night because it was leaking. The bathtub had a leaking faucet as well.
Wait it gets worse.....
Its an extended stay. Meaning refrigerator, there should be plates, pots and pans, dishes, and utensils.
Refrigerator never got any of the water we brought cold. It took two days to get the freezer to freeze ice cubes. By day three, the refrigerator began to stink.
No pots, pans, dishes, utensils. How are we to cook? if we are not wanting to go out to eat.
As stated earlier office desk was a small table. You have to pay for high-speed internet or the wifi never worked.

Absolutely brutal place that needs to just be put out of its misery. Never will I ever stay at this location.

Room Tip: Go to another place. No reason you should stay here.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the hotel for three weeks during spring training. The hotel was adequate. I have never stayed in a place where housekeeping was only done once a week though.. You can take dirty towels to the front desk and ask for clean ones...same goes for toilet paper, dish cloths and soap. The bed was very hard but we had great squishy pillows that made up for it.

Didn't realize when I booked the hotel there was no pool. I wouldn't EVER do that again in Phoenix...we had days in the 90's. I would also like to thank the gentleman smoking pot outside our window....the air conditioning sucked it in very nicely! (Ick)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

In short: it was dirty, disorganized, dangerous and they stole our money.
We will NEVER stay at any of these ever again.
There was black mold in the bathroom. The room was musty. After four days, we asked for fresh towels. They said we had to walk our dirty towels to the front desk to get clean ones. We did. They had no clean towels that day or the next morning. We never got replacements.
The worst part, one night the police raided the room directly above us and we had to leave our room at 4 am with our baby!! We were very scared.
We obviously checked out early. There was no clerk at the front desk at that time. A lady that looked like part of the cleaning crew took our keys. She said she couldn't give me a receipt. She didn't know when the clerk was returning and we had to catch a flight out that day so we couldn't wait. We were charged for four nights that we did not stay. They claimed we never checked out. They refused to refund us!! Horrible experience!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport? Share your experiences!