You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #97 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
West Hartford, Connecticut
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is a disaster. The service was atrocious. No one ever greeted me, smiled at me, or even said hello. They had no idea which rooms were clean at 7pm when I arrived. The front desk person, had to leave the front desk to physically go to the room to check whether it was cleaned. It took about 15 minutes to check in (WAY too long.) While waiting, I took occasion to jot down notes about what I noticed, along with the phone numbers of the GM and DM (that's how bad my first impression was). The laundry was being done off of the front desk and the door to it was propped open. As a result, the entire lobby reeked of bleach and guests were able to see "behind the curtain," which was off-putting. It was also quite loud and made it hard to communicate clearly - I had to ask him to repeat himself (or speak up) twice. There was another employee sitting behind the desk, but she was doing nothing at all. Just sitting there, next to the pizza, orange juice and other snacks on full display.

When I got to my room, I realized it was a smoking room. I guess I didn't specify non-smoking room, but when did smoking become the default? When I started to become nauseated, I called for a change of room. It was 100% booked and I could only switch on my second night. I slept with the windows open all night to help manage the stench. It was AWFUL. The entire hallway reeked of smoke and everything in the room smelled of rancid smoke. I was literally sick from it. The bathroom fan was broken to boot. The room itself was dingy, albeit clean. Flat pillows, squishy mattress, run-down furniture. It overlooked a junkyard. A JUNKYARD!! RV's and tractor-trailers were parked outside my room, running their engines (with exhaust coming in my window) for long periods of time.

On day two, I had to get the key to my non-smoking room. It took 15 minutes to get the key. I was already checked in, but it still took her 15 minutes to provide the key. Again, no smile, no greeting - seriously the grumpiest people I've encountered in a while. This time it was a woman. She seemed angry. The non-smoking room was actually a step up in quality - better bed, better pillows, etc. But this time, I was located directly over the main entrance and adjacent to the elevator. Not the quietest room... This is where you put someone who requests another room?

All in all, it was the worst stay I've had in years. I made my reservations only a few days before my trip and had only two options, but the pictures online were definitely misleading. I never would have made my trip if I knew what I was in for. It was BAD. Don't do it!!

Room Tip: Avoid the back side of the building because there is a lot of truck & freeway noise that is bare...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There are so many other choices. Don't stay here. The room stinks and toothpaste all over the front of the Cabinets. I wasn't sure if the sheets were even clean. The people were nice at the front desk but they didn't have to sleep in the room.

Rosarito, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room on the top floor was quite but only so-so for comfort. It was not filthy but not as clean & tidy as we like. There was a faint smoke smell but we did forget to ask for a non-smoking room. The staff was OK but on check out morning not in site and no bell to ring.Thank goodness I have a strong voice. The free breakfast was comparable to the local gas station/quick mart. Being budget travelers we realize we get what we pay for. Just be ready for a place to sleep and shower and enjoy everything else. The best thing was the local pub we found only 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for top floor if quite is a must. If you are a non smoker BE SURE to state that.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Probably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in my entire life. The blankets were questionably stained and un-replaceable at every request. The front desk service was great for check in but as soon as we needed anything (blanket, towels, plates) it was unavailable or took forever to resolve. The AC unit in the room was the loudest of any hotel room I have been in and it could not keep a consistent temperature. The room fluctuated between unsleepibly hot to freezing cold.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The worst stay at the hotel ever!!! Firstly we came to check in at midnight and no one was there. After few mins came a girl from the back with dirty T-shirt and she looked so bad. She gave us a smoking room with two beds. I said that we are a couple so would like to get a non-smoking room with one bed. She was like I can't do anything about it, only this room. Seemed that all the other rooms were full, which is not true at all. When we got in the room I was waiting already for the morning to get out of there. It Was so DIRTY in the bathroom and everything was so old. The beds were so uncomfortable. Smelled like cigarettes everywhere. In the morning when I saw their "grab and go" breakfast I couldn't believe this is happening. No WATER, no JUICE, nothing...only coffee, some muffins and some oranges. The poorest breakfast I've ever seen! We stayed only one night, actually we spent there only 8 hours, but it was so bad. Definitely would never go back or recommend this hotel. So sad.

Stayed February 2015
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed three nights. After the first night I had to request a room change as the continual noise from a creaking floor above my room was unacceptable. I was lucky to get a room change as the reception guy I spoke to in the morning failed to help me.

The rooms are showing their age with worn and damaged bathroom fittings and tired furniture

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the desk agent was unable to accommodate your room move in the morning and the bathroom fittings were damaged. In response to your feedback, I am having our maintenance staff replace bathroom fixtures where needed, and our staff will make every effort to accommodate guest(s) requests. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at phx@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015 via mobile

This place is for the bare bones kind of traveler. You get a full kitchen but no pots, pans, silverware, etc. You have to ask for that at the desk. I didn't bother. I ordered a pizza from Rosetta's Pizzeria that took 1 1/2 & 2 calls for "where's my pizza" to get.
Maria at the front desk was very helpful.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport? Share your experiences!