“Worst Hotel Ive ever seen in my life.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Lodge of Phoenix

You added Budget Lodge of Phoenix to your Saves list
Budget Lodge of Phoenix
8617 Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (Formerly Travelodge Metrocenter) (North Mountain)   |
Ranked #154 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Worst Hotel Ive ever seen in my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Phoenix for a month to get some hiking done. I narrowed it down to three hotels in this area because the location is close to the hiking trails. The Budget Lodge is the worst hotel Ive ever saw in my life. No human being should ever stay at the Budget Lodge. I will give a brief review but the pics will speak for themselves. Do yourself a favor and run across the street to the Value Place hotel.

When I first walked in to the lobby I was impressed. Its completely remodeled and looks brand new. But thats where anything new about this place ends. Number one. The price outside says $33 a day and $118 a week. But they add fees for everything. There is a fee for the TV remote. You want a Microwave & fridge? It will cost you $18 a week. And it looks like something straight out of the 80's. The microwave actually plugs into the back of the fridge. There is a $15 fee to keep your bike in your room. A $5 key deposit. A $30 Linen deposit. And other fees I dont even remember. Once you add in all the fees in comes out to
about the same price as the Value Place across the street.

I usually wouldnt complain about customer service at cheap no frill hotels. But they were going out of their way to be rude to everybody. It was like what you see in a movie. She had the raspy voice and everything like she'd been smoking for the past 40 years. The people staying at the hotel are shady to say the least. A lot of drug addicts and pan handlers. You wont feel safe leaving anything behind when you leave for the day. Ive stayed at a lot of run down hotels
but this was the first time in my life I felt unsafe.

There is no wifi, or in room internet. If you dont know how to tether your phone to the web. You wont have any internet service. On a side note. If you have T-Mobile. You wont be able to get a signal. It cuts in and out. So you could also be without phone service.

The only good thing I can say is that after a lot of complaining I got my money back. They charged me for one night. Its a shame they let this place get so bad. A coupe pieces of drywall, new carpet, and some cheap Walmart furniture. And they would have a halfway decent hotel. But that probably wont happen. So stay away from this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is a dump. Every person that worked there was rude. I had crack heads knock on my hotel door on multiple occasions late at night, to the point that i was afraid to stay another night. Paid for 5 days in advance. At the end of my stay I asked if this was the way they treated all of there customers and the manager started screaming in my face telling me to get the "[--]" off the property. I will never stay there again and have gone to the BBB and local newstations on this so called motel. Any one that is thinking about staying here please save yourself the safety and hazard of the people that work there and the homesless residence that they allow.

• Stayed March 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

These reviews are entertaining. This place really is a dump and the people that stay are comparable to the occupy wallstreet squatters. Even the writers of these reviews seem to be riding the caboose on the train of evolution. If you are staying there with your girlfriend she should be deformed or at least 300 pounds to fit in. Otherwise, you will probably get harrassed. If she is hot and/or you are bringing kids, make sure you have your .45 fully loaded, cocked and close. On the upside, if you are a cockroach, you get to stay for free as long as you like.

• Stayed January 2012
Lagos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

With the impression I got on the net I was disappointed particular as the hotel was not near the Pheonix Convention centre as was made to believe.

Vancouver, B.C., Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

When I saw the place I was not impressed! I entered the lobby and was received by "Sheila" with a friendly smile. I requested a room and got #210. It was clean and appropriate for a short stay and, as I was in an "unofficial" business trip, adequate. It was also surprisingly quiet for a place central and very close to a highway! I requested a cooler a/c, a fridge and microwave in my room. For a very small charge (@ $2 /day) I got what I requested immediately! "Randy", a very friendly and efficient security guard fixed the a/c and installed the items.
In a "nutshell"< I would not recommend the place for a honey moon, but certainly for a short, very economic stay, ideal for backpackers and travelers in a budget. I am a bit of a snob and prefer 5 star hotels(unfortunately they come with comparable prices!) but I am also very adaptable. "Randy" and "Sheila" made the difference! If the owner would spend a bit on TLC the place could attract a better clientele! Do not expect luxury, remember what you pay and have a good time....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool (that nobody uses)... #208 has 2 double beds, #210 (where I stay, has one). Pi...
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here and i must say that this is the most sleazy, lowlife motel i have EVER stayed at. I understand that the budget lodge downtown is not as bad, but this is no hotel. Most of the people there seemed to be living there as this hotel caters to homeless people trying to get off the streets (they have a hundred buck a week rate), prostitutes (presumably this is why you can have no visitors after 9 pm) and drug addicts (there were hypo needles found under the bed and nearly poked me. I had to call 911 when a sleazy looking guy claiming to be hotel staff tried to steal my belongings from my room.

Room Tip: A good room is not to be found here. This is a crackhouse/flophouse and is not suitable for tourist...
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

One of worst experiences in my life. Was staying here because a friend's house was foreclosing and the paperwork on the new house was delayed, so I was in between. What a nightmare. Roaches. Black carpet. Criminal neighbors. Dangerous people. Water smells like sewage when you turn it on. Worst part: the owners and the people on the first shift. I asked the guy why he was being so rude to me, and he started screaming nonsense. I said, "you need to stop screaming at me." He screamed back, "I'M NOT SCREAMING!!!!"

Room Tip: Don't bother....
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Budget Lodge of Phoenix? Share your experiences!