“Suite Life With Family is Sweet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Stay and Save 10%
Ranked #58 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Suite Life With Family is Sweet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We live in Phoenix… Actually only five minutes away from this resort, but my sister was visiting with her family and so we decided to join them for a couple days as a staycation. We have a two-year-old and a four-year-old and love the fact that the rooms are suites and we can put one of the kids on the pullout from the couch and the other on the queen bed in the double queen bedroom. The pool area was fantastic for small children as it had a kids pool and an area where the kids could walk into the bigger pool… The boys also enjoyed the hot tub and the lazy river. The staff at the pool were very nice and easy going. My only negative about this visit was that I specifically let the front desk know that my sister was visiting and we would like to stay near them if possible. She was upgraded to a Casita when she checked in and I was hoping for the same when we checked in, especially since we checked in on a Sunday through Tuesday and not over a busy weekend. The guy at the front desk didn't really smile or remotely seem to want to help me out… I was disappointed but we did like our suite. We had breakfast at Rico's every morning and really enjoyed the buffet. It had a great selection of items for breakfast. There was confusion over the age of when children could eat free with an adult though. One day the server would say it was three and under and the next day they would say it was four and under. Also one day we did not get kid cups and my two-year-old dropped a glass on the floor accidentally :(
We will definitely consider this resort again for a staycation… Especially in the summertime. We would love to try to book all three casitas in one building for family coming into town too… That would be fantastic

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I just picked this resort from a list of Hilton hotels near the Phoenix Mountain Preserve because I wanted to go hiking. It is also close to highway AZ 51 which conveniently connects you to many area activities. While I was alone on this trip, I would highly recommend this resort to couples and especially families. There is a great restaurant (Ricos)on the property as well as a huge water park and mini golf.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Lihue, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Needed to stay close to the Biltmore and Camelback. Wifi was unreliable...just a rash of small distractions that made this site dysfunctional. Was able to wind down off site by hiking up Squaw Peak with healthy people.

Room Tip: Stay in Scottsdale
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is in a great location in the Phoenix - Scottsdale area, and close to Sky Harbour Airport.

The room was very clean and comfortable, however connecting to wifi was extremely complicated and the staff at the front desk for check in was not overly friendly or helpful.
the morning staff was much more helpful and friendly.

nice resort but a little over priced in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Your feedback is truly appreciated. While I am delighted to know that, overall, you enjoyed your time with us, I see opportunities for improvement and will address those issues immediately. Thank you again for the review. I hope you will allow us another chance in the future.
Regards,
Teri Agosta
Wayzata, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

While the pool/lazy river was nice, the rooms were very disappointing. It was described as a suite, but it didn't feel like a suite. It was very outdated. Also, with checkin at 4:00pm, you are not able to use the pool/lazy river that night because it was closed by the time we checked in, got our luggage and got moved into the second room (the view on the first room was obstructed by a huge tree). The service was good but not a great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Neil H,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I'm happy to know you were pleased with our service, although, it's truly disappointing to see you were dissatisfied with your accommodations. Your comments are appreciated, as we are continually looking for ways to improve our guest's experience. All feedback we receive will be taken into consideration when discussing future modernizations. I hope you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to welcome you back.
Regards,
Teri Agosta
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I really wanted to love this property -- and I'm sure if I were in Phoenix for vacation rather than work (or at least had some spare time to enjoy the amenities).

As a Diamond VIP I was upgraded to an impressive suite -- which was very much appreciated. But the niceness of the suite was diminished by housekeeping that didn't bother to empty the trash can during my 3 night stay -- despite overflowing after the first night. (They did, however, gladly pick up the tip I left). My room was also immediately adjacent to construction on the property which was helped wake me up.

Likewise, the staff was generally delightfully friendly, but you are clearly paying "resort prices" -- some disclosed (like the $18 resort fee although combined with the a low-to-average room rate brought the total to be on par with other Hilton-family properties I had considered) and some undisclosed like a "valet gratuity" tacked on to the expected "delivery" and "packaging" fees for my dry cleaning. I felt kind of nickel-and-dimed.

Upon checkout, I had intended on discussing my concerns re: housekeeping and noise -- but the front desk agent simply took my key card, dismissively wished me a nice day, and summoned the next guest without enquiring as to my stay.

Physical property was excellent, room service was good, room was delightful. Service and value (at least for a business traveler with no leisure time) = so so.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel was absolutely gorgeous. I love Hilton's. The waterpark was great, the restaurants were pretty good (I didn't care for Hole-in-the Wall though), and the room had super-comfortable beds. They were as soft as clouds after long days of traveling to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Tuscon, and Prescott. The rooms were large, the hotel had no shortage of pools, and the layout of the hotel was unique. I would definitely stay again, unless I wanted to go Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs instead. Great resort!

Note: I stayed here in July 2007.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors, casitas are good too!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort? Share your experiences!