“Good place for meeting, not holiday” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Stay and Save 10%
Ranked #58 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
new jersey
“Good place for meeting, not holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I booked for a relaxing weekend and was rather disappointed. This would be a great place for a meeting but is not much of a resort. My room was off in the middle of nowhere, in a bland hotel wing near nothing. The restaurants were nothing special though they did offer a small variety of food and it did not seem difficult to get a table anywhere.

I walked over to the central part of the resort which centers around a waterpark and that seemed to appeal to families so I would recommend for that. The spa was uninspired, and a bit pricey.

I may be a bit jaded because I spent the earlier part of the week at the Wigwam which was a lovely resort with food so good I could dream about it!

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — accomodations
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

I stayed at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak 4/25-4/28. This was my second trip to this hotel. The first was in March during spring training when me and several buddies went down. This time it was me, significant other, 6 year old, and grandma. We had yet another amazing stay! We stayed in a one bedroom casita and found the accomodations fantastic. The casita was clean, nice, and very quiet. We stayed at the resort and played by the pool the whole time. All of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful. The pool was great! This is 100% a family friendly and fun hotel! The little one and grandma played the putt putt golf course too and it was great. We ate at the hole in the wall restaurant one night and it was good, but a bit expensive. The campfire and outdoor band on Friday night was great too. The entire resort grounds are well kept and very nice.

I can't say enough good about this Hilton property. The value is great, service is great, and location outstanding. You will not go wrong staying here. This was my second trip here and I will return and would recommend to anyone without hesitation!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing- It was all good!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed at this property on business. I was in building 28, which upon arrival seemed undesirable. There were plenty of parking spaces in front of the building, but no elevator which left me hauling my luggage up the steps. The room had some signs of wear and tear, but was very clean. The mini-bar was well stocked but expensive (I suggest stopping at a grocery and picking-up whatever you will need). I liked the bathroom layout (shower/toilet on one side with door and sink/vanity on the other). The robe provided was light and comfortable. My balcony overlooked the dumpsters and service area, but I soon was accustomed to listening to the hotel employees conversing below (some of it was very entertaining). The first evening I walked to The Falls Water Village and enjoyed the sunset while having fish tacos for dinner (these tacos are amazingly delicious). The staff was very accomodating and professional. The following morning I made my way to the fitness room (be sure to refer to your map before leaving the room). The fitness room is like a small gym (very well equipped). Breakfast at Pointe In Tyme was nice with great service. After my meetings I visited the adult pool (great feature - no kids running and splashing - just peace and quiet with comfortable lounge chairs). Room service that evening was timely and delicious. At the end of my stay I felt like I had taken a mini-vacation. I look forward to returning to this property.

• Liked — Variety of dining and pool areas
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

We booked a one bedroom suite here on Hilton's site for a decent rate. After reading some reviews, I was a bit nervous, but upon arrival, we found the resort to be in great shape and our room had been recently renovated. The main pool was a lot of fun, and although our kids weren't with us, we really enjoyed the lazy river, slide and pools. Everything is convenient. My only complaint was lack of breakfast options, but it wasn't a big deal. The website had said the room had a refrigerator, but the fridge was actually the mini bar stocked with items. We did notice some areas that needed repair, such as large missing pieces from the side of the pool in places, paint needed, etc. It's an older resort, but the landscaping was nicely maintained. We enjoyed the central location and spent a lot of time in Scottsdale. Ask the concierge for pre-printed directions to area malls and attractions, as well as movie times, etc. All in all we would stay here again, it was a perfect place to meet my friend for a 3 day getaway.

Stayed April 2008
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We went down to Phoenix for the weekend on April 18-20 to escape the unseasonably cold weather in Oregon and I booked this hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was definitely a GREAT place to stay for a quick getaway. For $150/night, it included nice amenities. We had a suite in the main building and it was nice and clean. We also loved the River Ranch where you can just float down the "river" in inner tubes, swim, just lay out by the pools, go down the waterslide, or eat/drink. We just hung out around the different pools all weekend and just went out for dinner/shopping in the evenings. It also had quick and easy access to the freeway and we were pretty central to everywhere we wanted to go. I also like that it's not a massive property where it takes forever to get to your room/food/pool. It's just the right size. We're expecting a baby this year and although it was a great place for just the 2 of us, it's an even better place for kids. We plan on coming back there every year as an annual tradition, especially with kids.

• Liked — River Ranch
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Syracuse NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

We stayed here over our Spring Break 4/13 through 4/20, with my husband and 2 children ages 8 and 10.

Upon arrival, check in was quick and easy. I asked for a first floor room with a pool view but even though I requested 4 mos. prior they could not accommodate. We had a 3rd floor room with partial view of the pool. The rooms were perfect for a family. Two very comfortable queen beds, separated by a pocket door from the bathroom/toilet area, then doors again which separated the living area. This was perfect to put kids to bed and we could still watch tv. Also, my husband the snorer was kicked out into the living area/pull out couch so the rest of us could sleep and we never heard him.

The balcony is so small and awful view, we didn't sit out there even once. I knew there was no refrigerator so we purchased a cooler at Walgreens right down the street and bought milk, juice, cereal and fruit so we didn't have to waste time or money going out to breakfast in the morning. We bought a big cooler and then just sent it home as luggage on the way home.

The resort is very nice, well kept and beautiful. Very large palm trees and beautiful flowers. The pool area is also nice. The water temp was cool and several adults were complaining that it would have been nice to have it a few degrees warmer (it may have been 78 degrees or so). The water slide was very fast and the kids loved it. My kids also enjoyed the putt putt, though some of the holes could use a lift. We all played tennis one morning an d that was fun too.

My major complaint about this place is that, I booked it due to the multitude of organized kids activities so that my husband and I could relax some. Apparently Spring Break had just ended in AZ so they scaled back on what they offered. There was a board posted at every hotel area indicating there would be pool activities every day at 10, 11, 1, 3, and 5 which included races, basketball games, water volley ball, slide races, watermelon eating contests, hoola hoop contests etc. Well we were there for seven days and there were two hoola hoop contests and one slide race. (that was it for the week). We continuously asked the pool staff when the next activity would be. They just had excuse after excuse. I realize Spring Break ended for them but the vacationers were on their Spring Break. My kids were very good at keeping themselves busy but after a few days it would have been nice if someone could have organized some activities for the kids. Even though I loved this place, this really irked me!!!!!

We ate at the Hole in the Wall, very mediocre and pricey. The food at the pool was pricey. However, an adult sandwich was chock full of meat and kept all of us happy well until dinner. Most sandwiches were $9. Beers were $5 and up and mixed drinks around $8.

We walked to Aunt Chiladas one night which was very good. Also Gallaghers across the street (pub food), sports bar which was good. Lantana Grille was very good.

There are two hotel courtyards each with a pool and swim up bar. Both swim up bars were closed the whole week (also weird and disappointing), We enjoyed using these pools later in the day which was much quieter than the water park and very comfy chairs. AS there was no service here, we just packed a cooler and brought our own drinks,.

No night life here to speak of. IN the past we have done an all inclusive vacation, where there is entertainment at night and then the adults sit around and socialize a bit. There was none of that here. The resort was quiet by 9:00.

The fitness room is fantastic. New modern equipment, classes offered, it couldn't have been better.

We went to the Grand Canyon one day and made it in 3 1/2 hrs. . Cut through Flagstaff and it shaves a little of the trip. Also went to Sedona one day. Awesome!! You have to do the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour as everyone says. Pricey but well worth it.

All in all a good trip. The staff at the front desk and concierge could not have been better. Due to the lack of activities though I will probably go somewhere else next time.

• Liked — The pool area and the rooms
  • Disliked — The lack of activities.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

We stayed in a studio room nestled among larger casitas for our anniversary. Note that almost all of the rooms at the Pointe are suites, but a few like ours are not. Though small, we really enjoyed our room. The room was clean, the bed was fluffy and soft, and the location of our room was in a quiet area away from most of the traffic. One thing you may want to consider is that quarters are tight in the shower, and tall people may have a problem with this. Unlike the casitas, the studios do not have an assigned parking spot. We didn't have a problem though since there are some open spots you can use. Overall we really enjoy staying here because of the comfortable rooms and the beautiful grounds.

• Liked — beautiful grounds
  • Disliked — small showers
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort? Share your experiences!