“fun and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 176 hotels in Phoenix
southern california
“fun and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed in one of the 2 bedroom casitas. A very spacious and comfortable place to stay. Also had a carport to park in right nest to the back door. The boys loved the water park and putt putt golf. Had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello nomad1957,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know you found your unique accommodations enjoyable. Please keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

1,523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked here as part of a package for a lacrosse tournament. The hotel staff was very helpful, actually having someone call back with the exact game titles offered on their nintendo system in the rooms. (important for my kids)
The check in was quick. The rooms clean and well supplied (if dated). I got a two room suite. There were flat panel TVs in each room. The furnishings were plain but comfortable.
We ordered room service and the food was actually better than I usually get and the prices weren't too inflated. There are kids meal combos on the menu that are a bit cheaper.
We used the pool and had a great time with the lazy river, water slide and jacuzzi. We noticed but did not use a miniature golf course
Overall I can recommend this for a stay if you have kids and want to have them entertained on site. There is plenty to do and you could just hang out there all day.

Hello B_Asalone,
Your positive feedback and overall recommendation is greatly appreciated. I'm glad to know you and your family enjoyed your time with us and the many amenities we offer. I was happy to see the remarks regarding our staff and will be sure to share this with them; it's always good to see that even the smallest acts of exceptional guest service didn't go unnoticed. We hope to welcome you and your family back in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I surprised my boys one day by casually driving up to The Pointe Hilton at Squaw Peak and... checking in. Once they got a look at the River Ranch, I hardly saw them again. They loved our stay here!

The suite was very nice. When I had an issue with the toilet, it was taken care of right away. We stayed in the middle of summer, when Phoenix gets very hot, so a lot of people didn't realize that flip-flops are necessary to walk around outside.

Friday night featured a "dive-in" movie by the pool, and we ordered food from The Hole in the Wall restaurant (where kids eat free!!) and relaxed in this beautiful resort atmosphere.

The Lazy River was my favorite attraction because I could just go around and around and be lazy. My boys (ages 10, 7, and 5) loved the water slide. They also liked the resort-sponsored activities.

Friendly staff, nice ambiance, good value, and yummy ribs - we'll come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello dgn5cs,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our resort on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know you and your kids had such a positive experience during your time with us. The River Ranch is an excellent option, for the young and old, during our summer months. Please keep us in mind for your next staycation.
Surprise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here as a fun family getaway in early October. The staff was professional and courteous and that's about where the good ends. The room had a strange stale odor to it. When I found the air filter, I saw why. The thing was literally caked with dust and dirt and looked as though it hadn't been changed in years (pictures attached). I could tell the upkeep just wasn't there and this was confirmed when I found two cockroaches in the room (photo proof). The door between the living room and bedroom had been annihilated and the hardware with screws was laying inside the door jamb (not great for me with my small children). I contacted Hilton through their website and it's been a month with no response. Shame on you Hilton. No one should pay $200 a night for this kind of experience and your lack of follow up only further proves that you care nothing about your customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello Richard C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor, and for your positive comments regarding our staff. Naturally, it is quite disappointing to know the condition of your suite did not meet your expections. It's unfortunate we didn't have the opportunity to speak with you while you were with us. It is our goal to ensure our guests comfort and satisfaction. Please know your feedback will be shared with our housekeeping team. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Every time that i come back in your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort,is always the first time.I like the beautiful country,the people and your foods.Tank you for all and i hope to return in the next year. Yours Sincerily STEFANO TOMMASI

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed twice at this property, both time we paid a little extra to update to casitas (little apartments with an upstairs). The beds are comfortable and our room was clean. The casitas are big, the king bed is upstairs and the kids slept downstairs on a sofa bed. There was a little bathroom downstairs and a master bath upstairs. The water slide made this hotel a positive for my kids, they loved it. I do dislike what hotels have so many add on charges now a days. The water park was included, but when we asked to borrow tennis rackets, we were charged an $18 resort fee. When we asked for a one hour late checkout, we were told that would be $30. Same for a rollaway bed. Overall, nice hotel, nice staff, liked the casitas.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The experience was fine except the carpet was so filthy that it made my grey socks black. This is quite a large property with a variety of room types. I like the 2 room suite that I had. Both ends of the suite opened on the outdoors. I was concerned about noise given that it was a connecting room, but since it was a suite, the connecting door was in the living room area, rather than the bedroom area so there were no issues. The pool area was nice, but I was here on business and only had time to use the pool once.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and the bedroom looked out over the parking, but was still quiet enou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hello Steve T,
Thank you for choosing the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort for your business travels and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers. I am happy to see that you appreciated your accommodations but will address the condition of the carpet with our housekeeping team. If you would like to provide more detailed information so we can address the proper location, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Teri Agosta

Been to Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort? Share your experiences!