“Nice staycation place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice staycation place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I surprised my boys one day by casually driving up to The Pointe Hilton at Squaw Peak and... checking in. Once they got a look at the River Ranch, I hardly saw them again. They loved our stay here!

The suite was very nice. When I had an issue with the toilet, it was taken care of right away. We stayed in the middle of summer, when Phoenix gets very hot, so a lot of people didn't realize that flip-flops are necessary to walk around outside.

Friday night featured a "dive-in" movie by the pool, and we ordered food from The Hole in the Wall restaurant (where kids eat free!!) and relaxed in this beautiful resort atmosphere.

The Lazy River was my favorite attraction because I could just go around and around and be lazy. My boys (ages 10, 7, and 5) loved the water slide. They also liked the resort-sponsored activities.

Friendly staff, nice ambiance, good value, and yummy ribs - we'll come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello dgn5cs,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our resort on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know you and your kids had such a positive experience during your time with us. The River Ranch is an excellent option, for the young and old, during our summer months. Please keep us in mind for your next staycation.

1,840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Surprise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here as a fun family getaway in early October. The staff was professional and courteous and that's about where the good ends. The room had a strange stale odor to it. When I found the air filter, I saw why. The thing was literally caked with dust and dirt and looked as though it hadn't been changed in years (pictures attached). I could tell the upkeep just wasn't there and this was confirmed when I found two cockroaches in the room (photo proof). The door between the living room and bedroom had been annihilated and the hardware with screws was laying inside the door jamb (not great for me with my small children). I contacted Hilton through their website and it's been a month with no response. Shame on you Hilton. No one should pay $200 a night for this kind of experience and your lack of follow up only further proves that you care nothing about your customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello Richard C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor, and for your positive comments regarding our staff. Naturally, it is quite disappointing to know the condition of your suite did not meet your expections. It's unfortunate we didn't have the opportunity to speak with you while you were with us. It is our goal to ensure our guests comfort and satisfaction. Please know your feedback will be shared with our housekeeping team. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Every time that i come back in your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort,is always the first time.I like the beautiful country,the people and your foods.Tank you for all and i hope to return in the next year. Yours Sincerily STEFANO TOMMASI

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed twice at this property, both time we paid a little extra to update to casitas (little apartments with an upstairs). The beds are comfortable and our room was clean. The casitas are big, the king bed is upstairs and the kids slept downstairs on a sofa bed. There was a little bathroom downstairs and a master bath upstairs. The water slide made this hotel a positive for my kids, they loved it. I do dislike what hotels have so many add on charges now a days. The water park was included, but when we asked to borrow tennis rackets, we were charged an $18 resort fee. When we asked for a one hour late checkout, we were told that would be $30. Same for a rollaway bed. Overall, nice hotel, nice staff, liked the casitas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The experience was fine except the carpet was so filthy that it made my grey socks black. This is quite a large property with a variety of room types. I like the 2 room suite that I had. Both ends of the suite opened on the outdoors. I was concerned about noise given that it was a connecting room, but since it was a suite, the connecting door was in the living room area, rather than the bedroom area so there were no issues. The pool area was nice, but I was here on business and only had time to use the pool once.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and the bedroom looked out over the parking, but was still quiet enou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hello Steve T,
Thank you for choosing the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort for your business travels and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers. I am happy to see that you appreciated your accommodations but will address the condition of the carpet with our housekeeping team. If you would like to provide more detailed information so we can address the proper location, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

positive: 2 big pools for adults, small kids pools; long lazy river; nice water slids; good location close to good hiking;
negative: you have to pay extra $$$ for using their fitness club; the hot tub gets broken from time to time; pool chairs are old, had to crop them out from my pictures :) kids activities are scheduled only during the summer;

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was at the Pointe Hilton for 6 days for a conference. The site was beautiful. Everywhere I went resort staff were exceptionally friendly, and obviously well trained in customer service. The casita I stayed in was well appointed and had a huge porch that I used every day to soak up sun and relax. I would recommend this to others, especially as a lovely conference setting that you could bring your family to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Lolagirl92,
Thank you for your considerate review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team. They truly do strive to provide our guests a positive experience, and will do what it takes to make it happen. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort? Share your experiences!