“Dirty and Gross + Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Stay and Save 10%
Ranked #58 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Surprise
“Dirty and Gross + Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here as a fun family getaway in early October. The staff was professional and courteous and that's about where the good ends. The room had a strange stale odor to it. When I found the air filter, I saw why. The thing was literally caked with dust and dirt and looked as though it hadn't been changed in years (pictures attached). I could tell the upkeep just wasn't there and this was confirmed when I found two cockroaches in the room (photo proof). The door between the living room and bedroom had been annihilated and the hardware with screws was laying inside the door jamb (not great for me with my small children). I contacted Hilton through their website and it's been a month with no response. Shame on you Hilton. No one should pay $200 a night for this kind of experience and your lack of follow up only further proves that you care nothing about your customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello Richard C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor, and for your positive comments regarding our staff. Naturally, it is quite disappointing to know the condition of your suite did not meet your expections. It's unfortunate we didn't have the opportunity to speak with you while you were with us. It is our goal to ensure our guests comfort and satisfaction. Please know your feedback will be shared with our housekeeping team. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Teri Agosta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Every time that i come back in your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort,is always the first time.I like the beautiful country,the people and your foods.Tank you for all and i hope to return in the next year. Yours Sincerily STEFANO TOMMASI

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed twice at this property, both time we paid a little extra to update to casitas (little apartments with an upstairs). The beds are comfortable and our room was clean. The casitas are big, the king bed is upstairs and the kids slept downstairs on a sofa bed. There was a little bathroom downstairs and a master bath upstairs. The water slide made this hotel a positive for my kids, they loved it. I do dislike what hotels have so many add on charges now a days. The water park was included, but when we asked to borrow tennis rackets, we were charged an $18 resort fee. When we asked for a one hour late checkout, we were told that would be $30. Same for a rollaway bed. Overall, nice hotel, nice staff, liked the casitas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The experience was fine except the carpet was so filthy that it made my grey socks black. This is quite a large property with a variety of room types. I like the 2 room suite that I had. Both ends of the suite opened on the outdoors. I was concerned about noise given that it was a connecting room, but since it was a suite, the connecting door was in the living room area, rather than the bedroom area so there were no issues. The pool area was nice, but I was here on business and only had time to use the pool once.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and the bedroom looked out over the parking, but was still quiet enou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hello Steve T,
Thank you for choosing the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort for your business travels and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers. I am happy to see that you appreciated your accommodations but will address the condition of the carpet with our housekeeping team. If you would like to provide more detailed information so we can address the proper location, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

positive: 2 big pools for adults, small kids pools; long lazy river; nice water slids; good location close to good hiking;
negative: you have to pay extra $$$ for using their fitness club; the hot tub gets broken from time to time; pool chairs are old, had to crop them out from my pictures :) kids activities are scheduled only during the summer;

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was at the Pointe Hilton for 6 days for a conference. The site was beautiful. Everywhere I went resort staff were exceptionally friendly, and obviously well trained in customer service. The casita I stayed in was well appointed and had a huge porch that I used every day to soak up sun and relax. I would recommend this to others, especially as a lovely conference setting that you could bring your family to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Lolagirl92,
Thank you for your considerate review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team. They truly do strive to provide our guests a positive experience, and will do what it takes to make it happen. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here in August with my girlfriend for two nights, and we decided to stop here after finishing our road trip through the Southwest to relax and unwind before heading back to Los Angeles. Needless to say, we were very disappointed with our experience at this hotel.

The largest problem with this hotel is that it is extremely, extremely big. In the Phoenix summer, this can be a huge problem, as walking from certain rooms to the pool area can take over ten minutes. Also, when arriving, it is very hard to figure out where you need to go to check in. We arrived around 8:30 PM, and the first building we walked had a lobby that was completely devoid of ANY workers whatsoever. Confused, we scoured around until we finally found a map that explained where check-in was. Check-in went well, and we were given a room in the North Pointe building.

I have to give credit where credit is due - the rooms are absolutely enormous for the price. For 120$, we got a huge suite with two 40" televisions, balcony, and large bathroom, over 800 square feet of space. Air conditioning worked great, and housecleaning cleaned the room very well.

Now, the worst of our experience occurred on Saturday when we headed over the giant pool area to swim. Not only did the walk take 10 minutes, but it was extremely hot this day (over 115 degrees), and the entire pool area became a searing hot tub. Every single one of the pools was at least 90 degrees, and the lazy river must have exceeded 95. We went into the lazy river, and got out after one circle and felt like we were about to pass out. The entire pool area has one, maybe two places to get drinks, so whenever we needed to get cold water (the water fountains were all hot), we had to walk across the entire pool area to get a cup of water at a time. The main pool was just as awful, and we left the pool area after an hour. The pool in the middle of our building was actually quite comfortable, but it was too little too late. I would imagine that the main pool area would be build to handle heat, but it clearly is not. What an absolute disappointment.

Overall, the hotel is not a bad place, but it is clearly too big for its own good (very few workers visible throughout the grounds), and the pool area is just not built to be comfortable in the summer heat. Possibly it is a much better place in the fall or spring, but I would NOT recommend traveling here in the summer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello dfotinich,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I am happy to know you enjoyed your suite accommodations. However, I am naturally disappointed that your time with us was not more positive. I hope that we will have another opportunity to create a more pleasant experience for you.
Teri Agosta

Been to Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort? Share your experiences!