“A lovely little oasis in a fast paced city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Crescent Hotel

You added Sheraton Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A lovely little oasis in a fast paced city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We come to Phoenix annually to visit our daughter's family. We have stayed at this hotel before and liked it but tried another the last time we visited because of the price. We came back to Sheraton because of the quality for the dollar and for the location. Although it is not in a location that most travelers to the city would select, it is right on the 17 at Dunlap and we find it close to where the kids live. I can't say enough about the staff of this hotel! They really know how to treat people! The food in their bar or restaurant is AMAZING and they will even deliver to you in the pool area. Oh...and the pool! You would be hard pressed to find a hotel in this price range that sports a nicer pool or one that is kept up as well. We asked if frig or microwave is in the room and when they saw we were staying for 9 nights, they just had one brought up for us...at no charge. Beds are very comfortable. Cooling system is not loud or clunky. I do have one criticism which I brought up at the desk and was told it is in process of being changed...we would have had to pay $10 per day for wifi in the room! For a hotel of this caliber, Sheraton needs to get with it and offer free wifi in the room!! If hey had that...I would give them a rating of "excellent"!

Room Tip: Get a pool side room to cut noise from the freeway. Balcony rooms are very nice for sitting over a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear, Helen S
We thank you for the nice compliments about the property, the food, our staff, our pool area, and our location being near your daughter’s family. WOW……9 nights is a long time we are simply happy that we were just a small part of family’s experience. We are in the process in terminating the WIFI fee in August and offering complimentary WIFI. Our guests will still have the option to purchase expanded bandwidth of their choice in meeting their business needs. We’ll be sure to share your review to our staff of your gracious comments. Thanks again for taking time writing us and we look forward having you back next year!
Frank Casarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The room was outstanding and the staff were terrific. I found the courtyard quite inviting--an amazing thing given the location of the hotel--along with all the public areas. Definitely a place to return to.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear, Daniel K
Thank you for your comments. We are happy that our facility and service met your expectations and you found our location meeting your needs. Our property does offer that ambience once you enter into the hotels entrance. We look forward having you again when travels bring you back to Phoenix.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

First and foremost, the hotel was beautiful, plenty of amenities! We had a great time! But a Sheraton employee went over and beyond for us! Brett! My husband forgot something in the room when we left. We called and talked to Brett who remembered us from when we had checked in the day before, Brett went out of his way to track down what my husband had left and called us back promptly to let us know that he would have it there for us! Brett was a lifesaver and had a great attitude as well! We will definitely be going back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear, Jayme B
It’s with appreciation you taking time away from your schedule to write letting us know how one of our associates stood out! Brett is a rising STAR who has great potential in the hospitality industry. This type of reviews only solidifies his climb to the top of the ladder. We are happy that Brett made an impression and was able to track down the item that was left behind. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward seeing you back soon as our guests.
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

What a great place to have a conference. The staff was amazing. Jamie and Renee took great care of us as the event planners, and in general the staff was just great. In addition to good staff, the food was also delicious, and the bartender Matt was right on point! Thank you again for helping us with a location for our conference, on such a short notice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear, Amanda N
We appreciate you sharing with us. I couldn’t agree with you anymore both Jamie and Renee are modeled associates who take pride in the service they provide. I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. We are also thrilled to hear that our other associates are great, food being delicious, and Matt one of our bartenders were on point! We hope to have your conference back when your planning begins.
Thanks again,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

After booking my room on-line through a third party agency, I required additional space, as I invited family and friends to celebrate a special occasion with us. The Assistant manager was working the front desk. two hours before check in, I called and made my request known. She offered me a hospitality suite, changed my original reservation to include two connecting rooms (Hospitality Suite). I had two rooms with a wrap around balcony, dining room space and a smaller terrace on the side...Unbelievable!!!! She gave me all of this with just the added cost of a second room. My guests were directed to the lobby lounge and advised that I would be arriving shortly...Exceptional!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will always book with the Starwood brand...Always!!!

Room Tip: Call to book!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear, Mischegal
WOW……thanks for sharing. We are thrilled to be just a small part of your celebration and happy that our assistant manager assisted you to make this a special occasion with family and friends. Our suites do offer much space and the wrap around balconies are simply fantastic with great views. Thank you for being a loyal Starwood guest!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Crescent. The updated rooms were beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. The check in service was quick, the in room food service was delicious! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear, 2songirl
We thank you for sharing your comments on our newly renovated guest rooms. We are also happy to hear that our check in service was quick and you found our room service food delicious! We look forward having you back in the near future. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My email to the general manager:

I am writing this letter to share my 10th anniversary experience on the weekend of December 27th 2013. My wife and I were married 10 years ago at your hotel, December 27th 2003.

Ok, here we go!

First off I called last minute, on the 26th to make my reservation, I’m sorry I don’t remember the representative’s name. She was very helpful in getting the reservation set. After I got off work the same day, I called the front desk and Brett answered the phone. He was amazing! I had a lot of questions and requests and he helped me accomplish all that I asked. I wanted to bring roses, champagne and a card having them in the room prior to my wife and daughter arriving. As I ran around town getting everything, Brett arranged a meeting with Natalie to make all this happen. Once I arrived later that evening I met Brett and spoke with Natalie about what I was trying to accomplish. She was very pleasant and assured me I would have no concerns.

The next morning I stopped by to bring the card I forgot the night before and give my credit card so all my wife would have to do was pick up the room keys. Veronica made sure the card was in the room with the roses and champagne. Around 12:30PM my wife arrived at the hotel and everything was as planned! She was very surprised upon entering the room. Of course this was very sentimental for her because, without me knowing, Brett had upgraded us to joining rooms like the room we had on our wedding night! I was floored because I was told these rooms were not available but, Brett made it happen!

The rest of our stay was just as pleasurable. We were waited on by Arba for dinner that night, she was extremely attentive. The next morning Garrett took great care of us for breakfast. Later that night Matthew made great drinks and made sure our to go order was just right.

I really can’t say enough. Normally when business is a little slower the staff can be less attentive. This was not the case. Everyone was very professional and pleasant. I tried to remember everyone we came in contact with, I’m sorry if I forgot anyone. Normally you hear about all the bad experiences, I just wanted to share a good one with you. Everyone deserves acknowledgement and commendation for their great customer service and making this not just a weekend stay but an experience we will always remember.

Thank you!

The Raskins

• Stayed December 2013
Dear, josueraskin
WOW….looks like we hit a home run!
We truly appreciate you taking time from your schedule informing us of the fabulous experience provided by our team members. First, we are happy to have been part of your recent 10th anniversary celebration and to hear your wife was very surprised and happy. It’s also nice to hear that your wedding day was here December 27th 2003. Our staff members; Brett, Natalie, Arba, Garrett, and Matthew are all ambassadors of the service culture we strive daily to provide our guests. I’ll be sure to share your positive comments with them. It’s always nice to hear the positives but also just importantly to hear the negatives as well. We truly thank you for writing us and sharing your experience. We look forward having you back for your 11th anniversary.
Frank Casarez

Been to Sheraton Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!