“Out west on business” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Crescent Hotel

You added Sheraton Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #49 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Out west on business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Myself and colleagues stayed at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel earlier this month and it was a pleasant experience.

Here are the great things: The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. It was a great surprise to find out we had complimentary breakfast all three days we were there. It was very filling and tasty. The parking was free which was excellent and the garage was easy to access.

The bad things: I'm assuming the hotel was recently renovated and on the 4th floor there was just a smell in the hallway. I could never put my finger on it. One evening I got in from work and the faucet from the bathtub was off. I called guest services and was told that my shower was broken and I would have to move rooms. After an exhausting day, this was not at all fun for me. Maybe the worse thing was that the gym was outside of the hotel in the next building. It was a bit nerve wrecking for me going out the door in the dark in the morning to go over to the next building.

But all in all, the hotel was good. The great customer service from the entire staff made up for all of the bad things.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear, sjb3902,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies having to move guest rooms due to a broken faucet after an exhausting day. We are happy to hear that our service staff made up for the issues that went astray. We have looked into the 4th floor smell and attributed the smell by newly installed corridor wall coverings. All wall coverings have a glue adhesive that may have been the odor. Again, we thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward having you back as our guest in the future.
Frank Casarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a nice hotel. I had a newly remodeled room, very we'll done and clean. The bed was comfortable. There were only two things I was disappointed in; I could hear everything happening out in the hallway, including a woman screaming at her roommate to let her in at 3 am...not good. The other thing was there was no mini fridge in the room yet there was the perfect fixture to have one so don't keep your leftovers from dinner! Friendly staff. Excellent room service with great food. I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear, erinM7
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy that you had the opportunity to stay in one of the newly remodeled guest rooms. We apologize for you having to hear the noise from the hallway especially at 3am. We are in the process obtaining quotes to install new mini refrigerators in guest rooms. Again, thanks for sharing you experience with us and we look forward welcoming you back as our guest.
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently changed jobs and in doing so found that most of the people I work with are SPG members when it comes to hotel stays (we do quite a bit of traveling). I have always been a Hilton loyalist, but after a recent stay at a Westin, decided to give this Sheraton a try. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and impressed.

Let me start with the cons so that I can finish up with the pros:

* location isn't the greatest - no great views and not super close to Tempe, downtown, or the airport, but it isn't far from those things either
* along the same lines - the surrounding area to the hotel is kind of "blah" - typical suburban strip malls, traffic, etc - no nice views
* One morning for breakfast we waiting at least 5 minutes for someone to seat us at the hotel restaurant. Occupancy was low so there was no buffet and very few people working that morning.

Pros:

* I was on the club level, which was fantastic. Apparently this part of the hotel has already been renovated. Everything in the room was updated, classy, and comfortable.
* Size of the room - outstanding. Very roomy and open.
* Club lounge - convenient and comfortable - free snacks during certain times of the day but always accessible for beverages
* Service - for the most part the staff was friendly and helpful

Overall I was very impressed and would more than likely stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear, Carl M
Thank you for sharing the con’s of the Sheraton Crescent Hotel as well as the Pro’s. Thank you for giving the Sheraton Brand an opportunity and hopefully enrolled as a SPG member. Please accept my apology for having to wait 5 minutes to be seated for breakfast. I have passed along the comment to our F&B team for follow up so your experience is not repeated. We appreciate the PRO’s mentioned and hope you and your colleagues will be back in the near future. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again when travels bring you back to Phoenix.
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the Phoenix Sheraton Crescent Hotel off I-17 (at Dunlap) for an annual convention (approx 600 people). The hotel was so easy to get to from the highway and parking was no problem. I arrived in Phoenix from Flagstaff, expecting a nice place to stay, but the Sheraton Crescent exceeded my expectations! There was friendly, personal service and my room was upgraded at no extra charge if I joined the Sheraton Preferred Club (free). The accommodations and amenities were better than most places I have experienced in the area, with happy hour and a nice complimentary breakfast around the corner from my room in the Preferred Club Lounge. The bed was VERY comfortable, with a nice view from my room, which was immaculate. The meeting rooms were nice, had everything we needed and everything was easily accessible inside the hotel. The outdoor pool was very nice and the bar next to the lobby was tasteful and fun. The food (in the dining rooms and outside in the courtyard for lunch) was FANTASTIC. After a long day of meetings and workshops, the reception in the courtyard before dinner was so pleasant, under beautiful trees with large round tables, a band -- and we had the BEST complimentary margaritas! The staff I encountered were so friendly, helpful and efficient -- I will go back for a weekend getaway and would highly recommend staying at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel for both business and pleasure!!...Thank you!!

Room Tip: Join the Preferred Club for a higher floor room. The views are great (I had NW exposure) and the bed...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear, MaryInFlagstaff
Wow…looks like we had exceeded all your expectations attending the annual conference. We are very appreciative that you took time out of your schedule to write of your experience visiting the Sheraton Crescent Hotel. I’m happy to see that you enrolled into the SPG program and received an upgrade to the Preferred Club lounge. It’s a great benefit that you can expect on your next visits coming down from Flagstaff. We look forward seeing you back as our guest.
Thanks again,
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is our 4th year at the Crescent for a state convention which my husband attends and I tag along because I enjoy simply relaxing here so much. Love the super-comfy furnishings, soothing water feature, quiet atmosphere, tasteful lounge decor, free computers, delightful infused water bar, and music in just the spacious lobby area alone! Our organization returns annually because the convention facilities, services, and food are perfect, but we are coming back again next month to have Thanksgiving with family that lives in Phoenix because we know it will be a lovely place for just the two of us as well. The front desk was superb, from providing me with a computer code after checking out since I had to hang out for a few more hours to directions to a nearby seafood restaurant. Besides entertainment/shopping nearby, there are many area food choices, but the Indigo Bistro on site features unique and wonderful menu items. The 'Sweet Sleeper' bed really is great and we have no complaints at all about the clean and comfortable room. A large hotel with friendly personal service that feels like a small inn.

Dear, Sunsetwoman1
It’s always nice to hear when our services, facilities, food, amenities, and atmosphere offer’s one tranquility and relaxation during their stay. Your comments are much appreciated and will be shared by our fine staff of professionals. We look forward having you back in November seeing your family for Thanksgiving.
Phoenix, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We spent 5 weeks at the Sheraton. Our home was flooded and we found refuge at the Sheraton. My mother and husband both have special needs and the staff here were wonderful at accomodating us. Travis, Michelle and Hector are a few of the people who were responsive to our needs even on days when they were flooded (pun intended) with guests. The Sheraton is the top of our list when it comes to first rated hotels!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for making us feel comfortable while our home was being put back together.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear, 4emmomma
We thank you for selecting the Sheraton Crescent Hotel for your home away from home while your home was being remodeled due to a flood. I am very happy to see that Travis, Michelle, and Hector were accommodating throughout your 5 weeks here at the hotel. It’s always gratifying to hear when our staff makes a large impression during tough times. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our staff.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

From a friendly welcome to a thank you for staying with us, my stay was superb. Mr. Stephenson at the front desk was by far one of the best front end staff I've ever encountered. Mr. Giles the manager took pride in the staff's professionalism and guaranteed me I would be satisfied. The service response was fast. The hotel is immaculate and deserves excellent ratings in all categories. I'll be back and would recommend for all travel types.

Dear, KL R
We are delighted that you experience a superb stay at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel. We’ll be sure to share your complimentary comments to Mr. Stephenson and Mr. Giles for their service and professionalism. We look forward having you back as our guest when your travels allow you to visit Phoenix in the near future.
Thanks again for sharing,
Frank Casarez

Been to Sheraton Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!