“Great hotel, centrally located!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
St. Louis
“Great hotel, centrally located!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this property while we were house-hunting in Phoenix. The location is wonderful, and very centrally located. The property, while it could use a few updates, is still in great condition. The rooms were large, the floors were quiet, and the club level was well-appointed.

The pools were large, and even though there were many families there, the pool never felt overwhelmed with kiddos.

We had room service one day, and had snacks in the club level each morning/afternoon. The staff at this property were lovely, welcoming, and eager to please however possible.

The gym is well done and has plenty of space to get a good workout in. Bottled water, towels, etc, are also offered.

My only complaint would be the wi-fi- they need to look into this, as it was spotty at best in our room and throughout the property.

If you have kids - this is a great place to say. If you are sans kiddos - consider staying here as well. Great bang for the buck, and you won't feel like you're on a budget at all! :)

Thanks Sheraton Crescent! We'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the pool are beautiful, but the sun rises early. Be sure to close your curta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear, citychicgal
We appreciate you taking time and letting us know of your recent visit at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel. We agree with you that our property is centrally located to the greater Phoenix area with easy access to the I17 FWY. We are delighted to hear that our club floor met your expectations along with the pool and fitness center. We have expanded our bandwidth to our wifi and apparently still experiencing some issues. We have since brought out a technician to address the problem. Please accept our apology for the wifi not working during your stay. To let you know, our property will be undergoing a major renovation beginning this summer. We hope you’ll be back soon to see the new and exciting changes.
We hope you found your home in Phoenix!

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Crescent for business...wonderful hotel and staff...especially the staff! Great people...Tammi in sales, Steve in the lounge, and many more...they all make you feel like family!

I look forward to staying with this terrific team again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear, townjcvt
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff prides themselves on providing our guests with efficient service and ensures all stays are pleasant. Both Tammi and Steve are true examples of customer service and yes, you are part of our family! We look forward having you back as our guest.
East Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Slept very good on their big king bed. Really enjoyed the full pillows, plenty of them too. TV channels not as listed in their book. Had a balcony for the room but could not see anything because of the tops of the tall palm trees outside. Got there on Saturday and there was a note on the ice machine that it was out of order. Left on Wednesday and the sign was stil there. Never saw anyone even looking at to fix it, but then who needs a cold drink when it is 90 degrees outside.

Dear, TNVisitor54
We thank you for sharing your stay with us and advising us of the TV channels not being listed correctly and ice machine not functioning. I have shared you comments with the appropriate departments for their follow up. We do apologize for your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding and received a good night’s rest.
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

SENSATIONAL!!! I should have sent this review the other times we have stayed here. We keep coming back... This hotel defines "Sheraton." Begining with the first impression as you check-in, the front desk staff greets you with a smile and makes you feel special. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and relaxing. The housekeeping staff also greets you with a smile and the service is wonderful...Thank you Crescent Hotel, we will continue to visit you and look forward to our next trip to Phoenix. P.S. Bring Fido, they are pet friendly....

Room Tip: I have visited this hotel at least four times and I have never had a room that wasn't comfortabl...
Dear, Msmortimer
WOW!
Thank you for your nice compliments of the property and staff. I’ll be sure to share your comments to our personnel as they have made an impression to keep brining you back and Fido.
With appreciation,
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great time with our local family and in town friends last weekend. It was relaxing, beautiful, well-maintained and fun! The service at the indoor bar/restaurant seemed maxed out and understaffed for a Saturday afternoon with good weather... Long wait to get service. Other than that, all good:> A west side gem for over 20 years. It was one of Keating's last projects pre-pokie. Worth the trip.

Room Tip: Face the pool for fun time.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Colorado 70,
It is nice to hear that you had an enjoyable time at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel with family and friends. We apologize for the long service delays you experienced at our bar and restaurant on Saturday. I have shared your comment to our food & beverage team for their review. I agree the property is a gem on the West side of Phoenix for over twenty years. The property will soon be undergoing a multi million dollar renovation beginning this summer. We hope you’ll be back in the near future to see all the changes.
Thanks again for sharing,
Buckeye, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I write this review with a heavy heart. I love this hotel. It has been a favorite of mine and my husband for the last 3 years. I have suggested and attended many of my girlfriends weddings here. I booked a conference for work here just last summer. This is our favorite staycation location. I manage a local nightclub relatively close to this hotel but live about an hour away. Two weeks ago after a crazy, never-ending night and a staff meeting afterwards I could not bear the thought of driving home. I called the reservation line to see if I could book a room but instead of checking in at 4 in the afternoon checking in around 5 in the morning so that I did not have to drive home. Reservations asked me to call the main check in desk directly to see if there was availability and thankfully there was. I checked in around 5:30 in the morning, slept for several hours, ordered room service for lunch and then slept peacefully for several more hours before having to go back to work. When I returned to the hotel that night I was able to secure late check out. Every staff member we came in contact with was courteous and simply perfect and we made sure to tell the manager this who was also courteous and perfect. This past weekend was especially grueling as I had now worked 3 doubles back to back and was going on almost 24 hours of no sleep. Again the thought of the drive home almost brought me to tears, however I assumed that I would be able to book a room and get some sleep. I was almost fantasizing about the comfy beds and room service on my way there. When I arrived however the service was vastly different than any we had ever had before. The front desk clerk Garrett informed me that yes I could check in at 5 a.m however I would need to check out by noon. When I explained that we had just done this two weeks ago he rudely said to me that the hotel was never supposed to do that but since it had happened before he would allow it this one last time but I should expect a phone call from management and that checking in this early was an inconvenience to the housekeeping staff which would have to prepare a room for me. I felt chided and belittled and he made it seem as though my very presence that early in the morning was unacceptable. Needless to say I did not stay there that night and I'm not sure when I will stay there again. I am so saddened by this as Sheraton Crescent has been one of my favorite places to stay and always feels like a small piece of home after a long night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear, AnitaMcCurdy
First, I would like to express our appreciation for your patronage of the Sheraton Crescent Hotel over the past three years. We thank you for sharing your front desk experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the treatment received by our staff. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so discuss with you.
With appreciation,
Flagstaff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I travel to Phoenix on business several times a month and always stay at the Sheraton Crescent. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and quiet. It is by far the best value in the area. They have a huge work out facility along with tennis courts and a great pool area.

Room Tip: Club level are always nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear, Rick N
Thank you for making the Sheraton Crescent Hotel your choice of accommodations while visiting Phoenix. We are happy that the property provides you the amenities and service what you have come to expect from a Sheraton Hotel. We look forward having you back as our guest.
Frank Casarez

Been to Sheraton Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!