“Beyond expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palms Resort and Spa

You added Royal Palms Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   5200 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (Camelback East)   |
Ranked #3 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
USA
“Beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

WOW! What a treat to stay at this hotel. From the moment you drive up the gorgeous driveway - you are in a special place. I was amazed at the level of staff consideration- and none of it seemed fake or "I'm doing this because they pay me". They offer activites for guests on the property and received excellent care and service on both of the ones we attended. And the spa! Best massage of my life (and I get them regularly) and I didn't want to leave the steam room. Just absolutely fantastic - my favorite weekend getaway location by far!

Stayed December 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

We stayed at Royal Palms for my boyfriend's birthday back in July this year and it was an amazing experience. The staff was courteous, cheerful, and overall very good.

The pool was closed for renovation during our stay, but the RP was offering free shuttle service to the Phoenician pool. We did not feel like swimming, so this did not bother us one bit, but I thought it was a nice touch to accomodate those who wanted to swim.

The Alvadora Spa was great. We had a couples massage and it was worth every penny. We left the spa feeling very relaxed-they do a great scalp massage along with the regular swedish massage for no extra charge.

Dinner at T. Cook' s was good, but I would not call it exceptional. The service was average.

The last thing that I MUST share is that I had arranged to have breakfast delivered to our room ahead of time and it arrived promptly, however, we were due for our spa appointments because we had overslept. So, I asked if they would re-heat our food when we got back from the spa. They said they would not do such a thing. They re-cooked our ENTIRE breakfast and had it waiting for us hot and fresh when we returned from our spa appointment!!! (for no extra charge) AWESOME!!!

I highly recommend this resort to anyone, regardless of age or anything else.

• Liked — Delightful staff members
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — Worth every penny
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night instead of crashing at home. It was so romantic, our casita was perfect and their "romance package" (rose petals, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries) was a great ending to a wonderful wedding day. We only stayed one night, but this place is great, and we want to go back for our anniversary every year. (We missed 2006, unfortunately!)

Stayed June 2005
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

I stayed at the Royal Palms almost five years ago..it was very memorable. The reason I'm wiriting my review so late is because I just found out I have been given the oppurtunity to return on a business trip. The Royal Palms offered comfortable rooms, a delightful breakfast and a wonderful pool. We had two rooms, one for my wife and myself than a double room for my two children. Very spacious, however costly (company paid). Ver relaxing emperience, much like you would expect in Hawaii.

• Liked — Rooms-very comfortable
  • Disliked — none!
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2006

I also cannot say enough good things about the staff and property! From the moment we arrived we felt pampered and relaxed. The spa was phenomenal, the staff incredible... It was so great that we booked a three night stay for 2007 from our Casita!

Definitely dine there, the food is exceptional as is their Romance Director, Paul!

Every staff member we encountered went out of their way (unobtrusively) to make us feel special and, well, Royal!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2006

I just spent a few evenings at the Royal Palms on a business trip
and once again think this is one of the finest hotels in the United Sataes. Even while under major construction the property was in perfect condition, the staff well trained and informed and the overal experience above expectation.

As a returning guest, I and other regulars did not think that the food was on track... The menu needs
some updates and the overal quality of the food needs attention.

Would I return...without question

• Liked — great property and great people
  • Disliked — restaurant has been better
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

I can't say enough good things about the Royal Palms. This is a true 5 star resort. Even though it's located on the busy Camelback Road, it's an oasis of calm with beautiful gardens, tons of places to relax outdoors, and comfortable casita style accomodations.

The restaurant is phenomenal. The waiters and all of the staff were very knowledgable and affable.

I don't know why people are complaining about the resort fee. When we tried to tip the valets and bellboys, they did not want to take the money since gratuity is included and seemed really appreciative when we insisted. I think it's worth the 20 bucks for smiling faces....

I will definitely go back and hopefully stay for longer next time.

• Liked — The grounds are amazing.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Royal Palms Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!