“Amazing week at The Royal Palm Resort and Spa!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palms Resort and Spa

You added Royal Palms Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   5200 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (Camelback East)   |
Ranked #3 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing week at The Royal Palm Resort and Spa!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I booked a week long stay at The Royal Palm Resort and Spa in Phoenix AZ for our 19th Anniversary. We did not know at all what to expect, because we had never before stayed in anything but A huge resort style Hotel.
Upon driving up to the hotel, we were instantly both blown away by the resort's amazing, romantic, lush, stunning, beauty! We were greeted by the resort valet's who were very polite and very enthusiastic. They pointed us in the direction of check in, and unloaded our car.
Check in was in the original part of the estate that this resort was built upon. It was gorgeous! The check in staff and the concierge were both excellent. After check in we went to our room. We were personally guided by a valet to the Casita type room we had reserved. Walking to our casita was amazing!! The grounds of the resort were absolutely breathtaking!! We had never before seen such beauty, and charm at a resort type property. Our Casita was adorable. I would definitely recommend reserving one. They are big rooms, with large bathrooms, and very private outdoor patios.
The pool area was beautiful, and offered impeccable service every day we were there. The food at the resort was outstanding. After just one day of eating breakfast in the beautiful resort restaurant, our waitress knew exactly what we liked to drink with our breakfast. The resort also had a wonderful, quaint bar with an adorable bartender named Charlie. He made very unique libations which we enjoyed every night thought our stay.
The Royal Palms Resort and Spa truly was our oasis in the desert!!
I highly recommend this property based on its beauty and impeccable service. This property definitely lives up to its 5 star rating. We will be staying there again for sure!!

Room Tip: Reserving a Casita is the way to go!
Green Features: This property was very environmentally friendly. They had recycling bins in every room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This resort property clearly knows how to take care of their guests! Pampering out by the pool, an amazing Spa experience, even the bar servers took extra special care of us when we ordered some very special Gin and Tonics! The property and grounds have so much history...the furniture and grounds are feasts for the eyes. Everything is kept so Clean! Our room upgrade was unbelievable and the T.Cooks dinner experience was fantastic! (Beef Tenderloin was cooked just the way I asked them!). This resort is really pure luxury, it doesn't cost much more than some other large chain resorts....worth it! Sarah at the front desk took excellent care of us during our stay as did Christian at dinner. Thanks Royal Palms for making our Anniversary weekend one of the best!

Room Tip: Towards the back (north)
Green Features: I saw CFL's and recycle bins. Of course if you don't want your towels taken, hang them up!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a hard review. I actually really loved my visit at this hotel/resort. The staff was super friendly, the bell boys had all been there for over 7 years and were so kind and sweet. I was really impressed with the staff at large. The restaurant being my least favorite of the staff.

I felt like the room I had was very relaxing, like a little cottage, in the middle of the dessert. I had my own little back patio, very private, and the room was quite large. However, it felt a little run down. The carpet was not so clean or new and the bathroom was okay but some items were in need of repair. It was totally fine but at the same time, you did not get that wow factor, like I am in a very nice, well put together new and fresh hotel room. Yet, I was super comfortable.

The pool is 24 hours, for me that is a super plus. The restaurant had good food but if your a vegetarian, good luck at finding choices, plus it is expensive. I spent $40 just for myself. Oh well, you have to live a little.

The bottom line...would I stay there again? Yes, but when i noticed how much each night was, I really wouldn't do it for that price, it just isn't worth it. If this was a $200 room, I would do it but I have stayed at better kept hotels for less than what I paid a night. This was a business trip by the way, which is why I noticed price later. All in all, I loved the place, but just wish it was cheaper.

Green Features: Environmentally-friendly, good use of water, etc., over all good
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We just came back yesterday from this amazing resort. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, this is a luxury resort, and yes it is expensive but worth every penny for the ambience. Our room was very nice. We had breakfast and lunch and it was amazing, however dinner was not as good for some reason. The spa was one of the best I’ve had. I would NOT recommend it for families with small children, this is a total R and R place for adults or young adults even though I saw a family with small children they felt out of place. We would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a few days during Spring training. The room was reserved via HotWire so I wasn't sure where we would be. The grounds are beautiful, the staff was great - there was an additional $50/day in parking and resort fees that I wasn't aware of. We showed up in our flip flops and ball caps and felt a little out of place... this is a luxury resort and we are just lad back folks and the regular nightly rate of this resort is pretty pricey. There was a restaurant on grounds that we didn't take advantage of (in our flip flops) and there are no restaurants in walking distance. Overall, beautiful place with lots of green and flowers and again - the staff was great.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small boutique hotel. Pretty and quaint. Service is outstanding. The grounds are very tastefully decorated. Many little courtyards outside the rooms with firepits, fountains to enjoy. Many flowers and plants all over the resort.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for three days. The grounds are beautiful and well tended, flowers everywhere. We ate at the restaurant, poolside, and ordered room service - great food, great service. Special props to the poolside staff - especially Rob - who made us feel like royalty. Despite fairly large grounds, the resort has a cozy, intimate feel. Not a single negative to this place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Palms Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!