“Wonderful experience at the royal palms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Royal Palms Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   5200 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (Camelback East)   |
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free!
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful experience at the royal palms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. My friend and I booked the royal palms through perfect escapes so breakfast and resort fee was included in our rate. The breakfasts at tj cooks were wonderful. I have celiace disease and enjoyed some of the best toast ever there. They even had gluten free mini donuts that were amazing.
We in particular enjoyed the poolside service that included regular ice water refills. It was terrific that the resort fee included tips for staff, so you didn't have to worry about this during the stay.
My friend and I also enjoyed treatments at the spa....we will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2012
Greg V, Manager at Royal Palms Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that our restaurant was accommodating to your needs. Please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was the first time we visited Phoenix and we definitely chose one of the best resorts. The room was amazing with the best soaker tub I have ever seen could have fit 2 people comfortably! The resort fee included all tips except for food which was great because I didn't need to worry about tipping. The pool was great and the pool staff even brought you cold ice water while you were lounging on the lounge chair. They were the most comfortable lounge chairs I have ever been on. You are Ble to eat by the pool. The spa was amazing! Totally reccomend this resort to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just returned from the Royal Palms and I can't say enough good things about it. An absolutely beautiful hotel, perfect for unwinding and relaxing. While the resort is immaculate, it is really the staff at this resort that make the difference. Every single person we came across made eye contact, said hello in a friendly manner and made us feel welcome. How rare is it that everyone does that?! I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to get away for a romantic getaway - I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Royal Palms Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the excellent feedback on your recent stay! We cannot wait to welcome you back to the Royal Palms Resort and Spa!
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just returned from a business trip. This hotel is beautiful and the valet service excellent! The rooms are gorgeous, and the tub amazing. My only issue was with the cost of coffee. $5 is a bit steep. Check out Modern Steak and their happy hour specials - just down the road on Camelback - totally retro decor and very hip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a wonderful stay and are looking for another reason just to hid away. We were close to everything but needed nothing. We love experiencing history when we travel and this resort offered a glimp into the earlier days near Camelback Mountain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been to this hotel with my girlfriends, my sister, and my husband and son....it gets better every time I stay!! I highly recommend staying in a Casita. It's like having your own little home! The room I stayed in the last time I was there was close to the street, small and not my favorite.
I love the property, the fireplaces and looking at the Camelback Mountain every time I walk around the property!!
In the morning we hike up into the neighborhood behind the hotel..it's a perfectly nice hike.
I will say that the hairdresser that washed and blew my hair dry at the Spa (I had a broken arm) was pretty bad...and they overcharged me for the service.

Room Tip: Choose a casita!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a lovely property at the base of Camelback Mountain! We stayed in a beautiful suite by the spa, which had mutiple patios with fireplaces. It was hard to believe that so much would be blooming in the summer in the desert, but the place was alive with flowers. Everywhere you go there are fountains and pools, gardens and shaded places to sit and relax. There is a wonderful feeling and sense of peace about the resort, and I can't wait to return. The staff was great as well, helpful and professional. Thanks Royal Palms!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Palms Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!