“Thank you” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Thank you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I wanted to write and thank Keith Kirk, General Manager of the Drury Inn and Suites Phoenix Airport. I had a problem there on my last stay. Keith personally contacted me, handled the situation in a courteous and professional manner. I recently revisited and everything went off perfectly. Room was immaculate, service was outstanding and personal touch was something that very few seem to understand in the service market. It's not the mistakes you make, it's how you handle them that sets you apart.

Thank you Drury staff for an exceptional stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were staying in our motorhome in Williams, AZ and had to pick up friends at the Phoenix airport early in the morning. We decided to go down and spend the night. We selected this hotel randomly. Best choice we could have made. From the front desk, to housekeeping and food servers they were outstanding in service and personality. They took us to the room to be sure we were happy with our choice before paying. The room was so clean and neat. The amenities were nice. With the room you get to attend dinner in the evening. We had about 3 or 4 different main selections on the buffet area with the trimmings. They also give you a card for 3 drinks each with your meal (wine, beer, mixed or soda). The server was so upbeat and pleasant. Breakfast was the same way. They were so helpful at the front desk with suggestions for eating out in the area. We would absolutely stay here again and would suggest it to others

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite which was very nice. Sat on the balcony and watched the planes. They were far e...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I travel at least once a month on business and I'm still trying to find the right hotel in Phoenix for me. Unfortunately at this point I don't think the Drury Hotels Phoenix Airport is going to be it. I chose this hotel for it's great reviews and high ranking and maybe I walked in here with high expectations so I'm partly to blame. Not everything was bad though so let me share the pros and cons.

Pros:
- VERY nice staff, I was the third in line and they were equally friendly and upbeat to everyone, Everytime I ran into them they smiled and said how I was doing.
- The lobby is beautiful, when you walk in you immediately feel at home
- The hotel is very clean

Cons:
- The room smelled like cold smoke (it supposed to be a non smoking room)
- The Continental breakfast was a letdown. The food was cold and the scrambled eggs and potatoes didn't have any flavor to them. Aside of one other group I was the only one eating, so it's possible the food was out there for quite some time.
- The area behind th hotel is a bit sketchy with some establishments that I would not consider family friendly

So maybe the food and the room smell was just "bad luck" on my part and I may give the hotel another shot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I appreciate your kind words, and extend my sincere apologies that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We work hard to become the hotel of choice for travelers to Phoenix. Our hotel is 100% smoke free and we may have missed treating this room where a prior guest may have violated our policy. All of your comments will be shared with every department as we continue to strive to make our Drury hotel the very best it can be. I hope to have you as our guest again!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently traveled cross country with my husband. We stayed in Drury Inns during our entire trip to include Colorado and New Mexico. I was incredibly impressed with each Drury and this Phoenix location exceeded expectations. The thing about the Drury locations is their service. I am not sure what Drury does to inspire this level of service but I noticed it wherever I went, from the breakfast server to the front desk and housekeeping. I always felt welcome and knew that if I needed anything they were there to help. This is a great location in Phoenix. Close to the airport and the suites offer a nice little balcony to enjoy the Arizona evening. My husband loves the evening kickback which includes enough food to pass for dinner and you simply can't beat the value when you realize the evening snacks and breakfast are included in your rate. Did I mention cocktails are included with your reservation at the kickback? Yep, Drury does it right. The beds are comfy. It is always clean and everyone is willing to go the extra mile. I have stayed at their locations multiple times and they have created a loyal customer. There are some great options near the airport but this one is close to my heart.

Room Tip: The suites with the balcony are spacious and have the bedroom separated. Join the loyalty program to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with great staff. Everything was clean, the food was good, and the rooms were nice. I took a group there and they were very accommodating! Very close to PHX. Make sure you reserve a spot on the shuttle if you want to use it because they require reservations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Geat rooms, nice pool, great 5:30pm drinks and munchies, perfect shuttle (they even picked me up after I returned my rental) and great prices!

our kids loved the place, and we loved the large rooms!

get a terrace rooms as they are much larger than the regular rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the TripAdvisor reviews and wasn't disappointed. After a very long workweek and a grueling drive, I arrived here and had the perfect restful evening and night before my flight, they also gave me free late checkout. The hotel is perfect - free buffet dinner and breakfast, internet, office, everything. Clean, quiet, neat, modern. Room had a balcony as well, in 110+ degree heat not much time spent sitting on it, but it was useful for drying off bathing suits!. I have tried other hotels in the area but this will be the one from now on!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one that was set slightly back from the main atrium and elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!