“A good hotel for what we were after” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 East University Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85034   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #7 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“A good hotel for what we were after”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was our first trip to Phoenix and we (a group of 10) got in at about 7pm. We needed a good night's sleep, free parking, free wifi internet, good service, no bedbug, clean, free breakfast, and free airport shuttle hotel close to the highway. We got all this and more. It was not very busy that night which baffled me. They have a 5-7pm food get together with 2 alcoholic beverages too inclueded as a plus.

The check in was very smooth and friendly. The room was clean with average ammenties including a flat screen TV and a great channel line up. We had a very convenient ride to the hotel which is a bit hard to find without GPS if driving. But we took the hotel shuttle and it was a quick and painless trip to the hotel. There is not much around the hotel by way of shops, restaurants, entertainment, etc. but it is close to the main roads. We got a good night of rest and had a nice warm breakfast (the usual stuff plus ready to make waffles, hot cereal, eggs, etc.).

The next day we were off to the grand canyon on a family trip with a good experience at the Drury Inn Phoenix Airport. Overall, a good family trip hotel but have a rental car if you want to venture out on the town.

Room Tip: request a room away from the elevators and on a high floor with a terrace view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bloomfield, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband, mother in law and myself had trouble getting back from Hawaii and stayed here the night with a distresssed traveler rate of about $67.00. It was clear there were a ton of renovations still going on, took awhile to find room and only had about 4-5 hrs to sleep before our next flight. Room was very clean, shuttle to/fr airport awesome and various breakfast choices. Would stay again, was so much better than sleeping in the airport. Needed some rest and a shower.

Room Tip: Not too close to elevator for some quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is new and very nicely appointed. Very clean. The staff is excellent - I found everybody to be extremely friendly and helpful. They suggested I return my rental car the night before my early AM departure and the hotel van driver Frank picked me up right at the rental facility to take me back to the hotel. Breakfast is included.
The next time I need a stay by the PHX airport I am coming back to Drury Inn & Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel. Good breakfast food! Clean, comfortable, good location, close to airport. My room was quiet and I got a good nights sleep. Receptionists were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in November 2012, for business. This was my first time staying at a Drury hotel, and this is now my favorite hotel chain.

The location is directly off the freeway. I was only there one day, and I didn’t see any restaurants or other business within walking distance. The entire staff was very friendly and professional, and seemed to really care that we enjoyed our stay. I saw the manager working the evening happy hour, and then again helping out with the breakfast the next morning. He was always courteous and genuinely seemed to want to make sure the guest had a good stay.

The property is very well maintained, and had a very nice open air lobby. It reminded by of staying at an Embassy Suites type hotel. I liked everything about his hotel. The hotel had a pool, jacuzzi, a semi-private computer room with 2 stations and a printer, small gym, and a small mini-mart next to the front desk. They also served hot popcorn in the lobby every night. The parking is free.

The stay also included one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. It included scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, breads, pastries, cereals, juices, milk, and fruit. Everything was hot, delicious, and fresh. I was really impressed with the breakfast.

Just as nice was the free dinner!!! The night I was there the buffet included pasta and meatballs, hot dogs, a salad bar, baked potatoes, nachos, and lots of other extras. Again all of the food was hot, and fresh. The free dinner was a nice extra that I have never seen before at a Marriot/Hilton/Wyndham type hotel. The dinner is served from 5:30 - 7pm.

Also from 5:30 - 7pm is a free drink reception. When you check in you get a punch card good for 3 drinks each night. You can choose beer, wine, or cocktails. I didn’t like the whole punch card thing, but the free drinks were another nice extra amenity for the guest.

The room was well decorated and maintained. It was a medium size room with a desk, refrigerator, microwave, medium size flat screen television with HBO, but no PPV. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room also had free wifi, with a good strong signal.

The bathroom was a little on the small side, but very clean and well maintained. It had a granite sink and shower.

I love the fact that this hotel gives you so much, and doesn’t nickle and dime you like other hotels for parking, wifi, gym, etc. In my future travels, I will check first to see if there is a Drury Hotel in the city, they will always be my first choice.

I strongly recommend this hotel to family and friends. This is a great hotel, especially if you have children. I’m looking forward to my next Drury Hotel visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Room was clean, well appointed, comfortable. Staff was excellent. Free breakfast was ample, good variety, simple but quite adequate. Also offered free drinks and snacks in the afternoon. The free shuttle service from the airport was not available when I arrived, but the hotel suggested getting a cab for which they would reimburse. The minimum fare of 16 dollars seemed extravagant – especially given that the hotel was less than two miles away– but the hotel paid up no questions asked. All in all, the hotel was a very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had to come to Phoenix for medical reasons......not the best (ended up well). We were looking for something not too expensive that would accept pets. This Drury was FAR MORE than I ever anticipated. Rate was 1. under $100 2. Included a daily breakfast AND light dinner 3. Three cocktails per person per day (yes, I said FREE), an absolutely beautiful room, sparkling outdoor pool.......we loved it.

Room Tip: Totally renovated - I don't think it matters what room you get
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business