“Great location to downtown and Sports Fields” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 N. Second Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85013 (Formerly Phoenix Place Hotel & Suites) (Encanto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Campbell River
“Great location to downtown and Sports Fields”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Property shows signs of age, however is clean and well kept. Rooms have micro wave, fridge and good, comfortable beds and covers. Pool and pool area is nice. Light rail to Chase Field and downtown is 2 blocks away....14 minutes to Chase Field. Full breakfast is included with hotel booking. Parking is also included with price of booking. I would definitely recommend this property and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were impressed with the whole experience. It was very clean, staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet was wonderful, the free shuttle was a bonus, and the location was perfect for us - close to the LRT and not far from a municipal golf course. The courtyard/terrace out back was an unexpected treat - really enjoyed sitting out there. We'll definitely stay here next time we're in Phoenix.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff was amazing, breakfast was wonderful, location was great.

Although we didn't get the best sleep. The beds weren't comfy and the "sleep number" wasn't really functioning. Ours seemed to deflate no matter how much we pumped it up. Rooms could have been a little more clean-carpets and under bathroom sink. With that said, it did look like they had recently taken over the hotel...so maybe they haven't fine tuned everything. On second thought, I'd be willing to give them another try.

• Stayed February 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently stayed in one of the Cabana Suites with my doubles partner for a tennis tournament in Phoenix. We chose the hotel because it was one of the closest to the courts. The friendly and accommodating staff, the clean and comfortable rooms, and the breakfast definitely won us over.

The hotel is in a great location right in the center of the city. We were able to get to the courts at the Phoenix Tennis Center in about 10 minutes and to Scottsdale in about 20 minutes. In fact, nothing was more than 10 to 20 minutes away.

Every single person we spoke with who worked at the hotel had the best attitude -- the staff in the restaurant, the bar, the reception desk, and the ladies cleaning the rooms all seemed genuinely interested in making us comfortable. Check out the bar after 4pm on the weekends! Brian is an expert mixologist. He pours a great draft beer too.

And, don't even get me started on the amazing breakfast!! Scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage and bacon, fresh fruit, cereals, bagels, toast, juices, coffee...it was my favorite meal each day. The kitchen staff were all running around filling up the breakfast bar with smiles on their faces. The staff's attitudes really did make the stay all the better.

Danny and Rochelle at the front desk were also amazing! Thank you all for a truly pleasant stay. I will definitely be back.

Oh, there's also a pool and I think a waterfall out back. And, there's some sort pf play area for kids. I didn't really have time to go out there. This place is it's own resort compound. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The Cabana Suites are a great value. They have separate living room (with comfortable pull out bed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

There were 11 of us in for a conference and stayed at this hotel, and all 11 of us were pleased. The staff at the hotel was so nice and accomodating. They would drive us anywhere within 3 miles, including to our conference. Anything further was ok as it was very close to the lightrail. The grounds were nice to walk around and the gym was good with both cardio machines and weights. We all got to enjoy the really nice free breakfast. The rooms were clean and had both a refrigerator and microwave. Great hotel for the price!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel was in a good location. Not too far from the Sky Harbor airport and downtown Phoenix. It is close to the expressway. There is free parking in the parking deck connected to the hotel. You can only access the hotel on the first floor, but there are stairs to get to the first floor. There are two entrances to the parking garage. Go to the one on the right to access the parking deck. The entrance on the left is more like a parking lot. There are about 20 spaces and it can be difficult to turn around if there are not any available spots.

The staff was friendly. We had so much fun hanging out at the bar with Brian the bartender. The bar manager was very nice as well. Anytime we had a question, the front desk staff helped us as best as they could. May of the front desk staff gave recommendations on where to eat. They suggested places that go, not necessarily the popular, tourists spots. They informed us of locations police are known to frequent when we asked about bars and clubs. They told us which streets to take if we planned on drinking when out.

There is a free breakfast every morning. It can be hit and miss on how large the crowd is and if you can find a table. I have to say that the service was better on some mornings than others. There were a couple of times when the tables were sitting dirty for a long time after people left.

There was some old odor in the hallway on the 4th floor. Every once in awhile there was an odor in the room, almost smelled likes someone just went to the bathroom. But it was not overwhelming. Like I said, it only happened a couple of times during our stay.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work, so anytime we took a shower the bathroom mirror would fog up. They could have larger towels as well. The pool towels and towels in the bathroom are the same size. These seem to be old; could get larger newer towels.

I tried adjusting the sleep number bed. I could not notice a different when I did figure out the controls. So I just left it were it was and got a great night sleep every night. The beds could be a little noisy at times. I would suggest getting new beds and getting rid of the sleep number beds.

I had problems connecting to the hotel's wifi. It would connect sometimes and other times it wouldn't. Most of the time I just used my normal 3G, which was actually faster than the wifi. I'm not sure if it was because there were so many people at the hotel using the wifi that caused all the problems or if there is something screwy with their internet.

There do need to be some upgrades down to the hotel. For how much we paid ($79/night), I can't complain too much. But for those few issues, I had to give the hotel just an average rating. Don't get me wrong, I would stay here again. I just hope some of these things are fixed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have to admit, when my husband first mentioned that he booked this place, I had concerns. Man, was I ever WRONG! This hotel had great ambiance, service, and a breakfast to die for. We will not hesitate to stay here again when visiting our Phoenix-based family!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown? Share your experiences!