“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown

You added Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 N. Second Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85013 (Formerly Phoenix Place Hotel & Suites) (Encanto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip recently. . . My room was good. Average hotel room nothing fancy and that was what I expected. It was cleaned which the most important thing. They have a great outdoor area in the back. It was huge! Almost like a resort feeling. Beach Volleyball court, kid's playground, pool with 2 waterfalls, and gorgeous green grass area. Just wished they turned on the waterfall in the pool area each door and had better lounge chairs. I used their fitness center and was disappointed that both of their treadmills were down the whole time I was there. The complimentary breakfast was great! I loved the fresh fruit! The restaurant chairs were dirty though. The whole time I was there I think every chair I sat on had a stain. The hotel restaurant has really good food though. It's only open for breakfast and dinner. It is one of the best hotel food I have had. The severs and bartenders are great at making sure you're taken care of! Overall it was a good place to stay. I would definitely come back the next time I am in town.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I stay 2-3 times a month at this hotel
. Mr McCallum at the front desk is always welcoming and all staff are curious and friendly. Property is also great for families, restaurant, pool, playground, and beautiful land scape.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Room was very clean, but when we arrived there was a carpet cleaner sprawled out in front of the elevator doors on our floor and we had to move it out of the way to get by (no employees in site that were using it). We were also using all public transportation so had to walk to light rail and hotel is across the street from an adult store so it was sketchy walking by there after dark. Very disappointed in choice of local restaurants. Alexis & Durants were by far the best. If you are looking for something to do, you need to go into Scottsdale. Most buildings, stores & restaurants are empty in mid & down town Phoenix. Hotel staff was not very knowledgable about surrounding restaurants and or activities. The pool on the ground level did not have the water feature on and made the area seem run down. The roof top pool was not what was expected of a roof top pool...it smelled and was dirty as if there had just been a Party up there and was not cleaned up after. Seemed very run down. Included breakfast was ok, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, bacon, sausage, potatoes, toast, cereal, Danishes. It was edable but not great. I'm personally coming back to the area again in a few weeks and will find somewhere else to stay....Hilton Suites or Hilton Garden Inn were both highly recommended by local business professionals.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We arrived here on Saturday evening. This place is a filth box. n the bathroom there was a roll of toilet paper with 5 sheets left on it, there ws hairs in the sink and bath tub. The air conditioning would not work in the room so I called and someone came up and banged on the air conditioner, took it off its cover slamed it back down and it worked. I then tried to turn on the TV, there was no remote, i had to call down to get a remote in my room. One of the pillow cases had lipstick on it, i assumed that no one cleaned the room. The marble table tops in the room was laden with glass marks and stains, not a pretty site.

There is a free breakfast in the morning, beware of the dining room seats and tables, they are stained and loaded with sticky syrup.

When i came back from dinner the next day, my room had still not been cleaned, when asked why and could i please have some towels and toilet paper, i was told to come down to the desk and get it, and that they only clean rooms everyother day, i know that was not true because my dad's room was clean and i did see the woman with the cleaning cart on my floor but she was quite busy on her cell phonr taling to her friends.

Avoid this place at any cost.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

i reserved the suite 2 months out for a short family vacation. i called twice to confirm before arrival. When my family arrived they did not honor my reservation confirmation and gave me all they had left, which was a standard - single bed room.
They apologized, of course, however they stated that unfortunately i was bumped.
The location is not great, the rooms are old, the place looks better in the pictures then in person. the beds were uncomfortable.

Room Tip: the suite is out of the way and next to the roof pool which is pathetic!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vail, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The description of this hotel sounds so wonderful. Please do not be fooled as I was.
1) There was only one person on duty on a Saturday during a holiday weekend. I waited over 30min just to check in. It was so hot in the lobby everyone was pouring sweat.
2) After waiting all that time I was told that my suite was not going to be available and that there was no manager on duty until Monday afternoon. I could not get a refund on a suite I already purchased via Groupon. I could take a regular room or just leave with nothing. I was given a food voucher for my troubles that didn't even begin to cover it. I decided to stay just one night and make the best of it until I could speak with a manager or Groupon about a refund for the rest.
3) The pool area and garden area was disgusting. It was so sad because it has so much potential. Also, there were no towels or any staff to bring towels.
4) The restaurant had one waitress on duty. She was not helpful or kind.
5) The beds are old sleep number beds and are so uncomfortable. It's like sleeping on a lumpy air mattress. My whole family woke up in pain. I asked if they had any rooms without the sleep number but only the suites have regular beds.
6) I called and spoke with the manager about my ordeal and he said that they do not guarantee a suite even if you purchase it in advance. I read all the fine print on the Groupon and it does not say anywhere that even though you are paying extra for a suite you may not get one based on availability. Especially, when you make a reservation 2 mths in advance. He ONLY offered to let me book another stay, but only if it was by the end of the month and on a weekday.
Thankfully Groupon is a Great company and they took care of me since I purchased the room through them.
Overall it was a horrible experience. I do not recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed September 2012
Lake Arrowhead, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here Friday-Saturday nights through an exceptional Groupon offer. The staff was noticeably friendlier than most, from registration and check out to the restaurant staff. The grounds in the back were very pretty, and the pool area was nice (shallow water only.) Rooms were pretty standard, but the bars of soap were wafer thin and we weren't re-supplied on our second day. My main complaint was that the carpets were filthy--especially next to the elevators. It just left a bad taste in an overall ok place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the garden grounds--much prettier view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown? Share your experiences!