“AAA+++ Friendly, Clean and Professional!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dine, Ride and Stay
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Vancouver, Canada
“AAA+++ Friendly, Clean and Professional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel will treat you like family. Great smiles, great service, nice and clean rooms. Their shuttle service will take you were you want to go. Breakfast bar is large and good! Have a drink at the bar - always a fun crowd. And, I love your pillows... I almost stole one!!! :O

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

First off, I have read the previous reviews... I couldn't disagree more. The staff was superb (especially Bethany Maddux)... They added an additional room to our group's booking - Bethany even went so far as to make sure the additional party got the booking rate + a gift bag... And she didn't have too - they were jam packed... Certainly aren't hurting for business (which tells me my opinions are dead on)... To that end - the staff runs around constantly trying to ensure you are well taken care of. Try having breakfast and see how long your coffee cup stays empty --- it won't.

Location... Close to downtown; next to light rail; and a shuttle driver who constantly smiles. Again for business - what more could you ask?

Rooms... Ours were great... Lots of room - CLEAN - big tables in the room - phenomenal bedding - new Samsung televisions... Absolutely no complaints... In fact just the opposite

Value ... Shopped around... Probably the most economic hotel at this time of the year... Would we return: Yes - definitively - in 2 months with a group 10x bigger than this one... That's the faith we have in Bethany and this Hilton.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Glendale, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I feel violated that my room was entered upon after I had the "Do NOT Disturb" sign on. I had valuables out because I was informed that if that sign is up no one from staff should enter your room. Management did nothing to make me happy or tell me why this was breeched. Very upset by this

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I completely understand why you were unhappy with this stay; but I can say with certainty that this incident will cause you no breach of safety. The Housekeeping Supervisor, an employee since the hotel opened twenty three years ago, made a mistake forwarding the wrong room number for a crib request. The service person did as they were instructed. No, it was not acceptable at this point to assume that the housekeeping supervisor had gained permission to enter your room. The person that provided the actual service should have questioned the instruction, she has been with the hotel over twenty years. I can forward my full confidence that your valuables and accounts are completely safe from this incident. I’m very sorry and I truly wish this had not had happened. I know the was a very unpleasant and unnecessary experience. There is no acceptable excuse for making these kinds of errors and assumptions. I assure you it will be dealt with appropriately at the hotel. I would welcome any further conversations you would like to have with me.

Jay Anderkin
Hacienda Heights, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

the beds were really bad and not in good location the room was small for 2 beds and the beds were very small for queen size. the price was so high and no free wifi in room. now days all hotels have free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review about your experiences. I wish we could have been five stars on every aspect of your stay, no one strives to be just average. I appreciate your comments so that we can direct our future actions towards changing your opinions.
Possibly at design, the architects thought a larger bathroom was more important. I’m sure you noticed the spaciousness of our guest bathrooms. Our suites are 500 sq ft; almost twice the size of a normal hotel room. If you have the opportunity, I hope you will email me and let me know what suite you were in, I’d appreciate the opportunity to address the comfort of the mattress you experienced.
Regarding free wifi, we only charge those who use it instead of building this into everyone’s room rate. We do not charge for our business center use and wifi is free in all public areas. I’m sorry these services did not meet your needs. I assure you, providing wifi is not a profitable but necessary venture for our hotel.
I truly appreciate your time and business. Bottom line, we failed to completely satisfy you and I'm again sorry for that but appreciate the opportunity to address the items you have shared.
Sincerely
Jay Anderkin - GM
Syracuse, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I chose hotel for location. Room was super quiet and nothing major to complain about. But nothing to get excited about either. Bland Breakfast buffet. Overall the property feels "blah". Staff friendly but I'm still left with a big "meh".

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us recently and leaving such a nice comment about the hotel staff. Also, I appreciate your comments about the breakfast buffet and your overall experience. The time you took to leave a review will not go wasted, we will use your comments as a tool to assist in our quest for continuous improvement.
Sincerely
Jay Anderkin GM
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Located in a pleasant and corporate area of town but with little else close by, apart from a few low key restaurants and a Starbucks across the road. It is just under a three mile/45 minute walk to the city/shopping area of town, although a free hotel shuttle bus is available for short journeys.

This is an older hotel but none the worse for this; and although my room (king suite) was a little dated, it was very spacious (three rooms in all) and comfortable, with all you need down to the kitchen sink and a microwave. The room was clean and well maintained, as indeed is the whole hotel. All staff came across as helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed.

The design is of an atrium style with the corridors to the rooms overlooking an internal central area, which is where the reception, bar and restaurant are situated. It works well and creates a spacious feel. Dinner was standard chain hotel menu stuff, but good quality and ok for what it is. The bar serves from the same menu as the restaurant and is a good option if eating alone. Bar staff are an asset to the hotel, friendly
and efficient.

A small pool, which I did not use as more for family relaxation than serious swimming, is adjacent to the atrium area as is a gym room.

Perhaps the hotel had a problem during my stay with the kitchen air extraction system, but from first entering reception, a heavy greasy cooking smell pervaded the whole hotel, so much so it stuck to my clothes. The same was noticeable again next morning and afternoon. This was my only gripe. No other reviewers have mentioned this so perhaps they had a problem just during my stay. As all else was positive this did not bother me as much as perhaps it could have.

Overall a pleasant stay in a well-managed hotel, nothing amazing, but a good choice and worked fine for me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We found this hotel to be very bright, and clean, and the staff was more than friendly and helpful! It was convenient to everything we were there to do (the 2014 Fiesta Bowl--GO KNIGHTS!!--hiking, shopping in Old Town Scottsdale), and having the light rail right outside the hotel--as well as the shuttle service offered by the hotel--was extremely convenient. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Phoenix Suites? Share your experiences!