“Bed Bugs! Do I really need to say more?” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Phoenix North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2735 West Sweetwater Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85029   |
Ranked #128 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Bed Bugs! Do I really need to say more?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

The room cost us $31 but in the end we're paying much much more. Let me summarize:
- Our non-smoking room reaked of smoke and other musty smells.
- Toilet was already clogged (something I don't blame them for) BUT I had to go down to the front desk to retrieve a nasty plunger which was covered in, let's just call it grossness, and plunge our toilet.
- at 5.30am our neighbor started banging on the walls (again, something I don't blame them for) but a heads up that Police, paramedics and firemen were surrounding our next door would have been nice.
- and finally, the gift that tries to keep on giving, bed bugs. I hope that our contamination efforts will prove effective from keeping them out of our house tho we don't know yet. Drs appointments abound to rid ourselves us the lasting impact this hotel has had on us.

tl;dr - bed bugs mean this hotel should be shut down for now.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

First of all, my bad for not realizing that this hotel is 20 miles from the airport. Second, my bad for not researching that you have to sign up for the airport shuttle 24 hours in advance. Now, with that said, I will tell you what ISN'T my fault.

-The young guy working the front desk, couldn't have been more rude. In fact, I don't know if I have ever encountered a ruder front desk clerk in all of my travel days.

-Since the hotel is so far away, and I had to pay $45 dollars for a taxi ride to the airport, I most certainly signed up for the airport shuttle a week in advance. I didn't want another $45 dollar taxi ride back to the hotel. So, six days before I arrived back to Phoenix and got to speak with that same rude front desk clerk. Here's the conversation.

Me: Yes, I would like to sign up for the airport shuttle.
Rude clerk: Ok.
Me: So, I will be arriving on July 14th at 11:00 a.m
Rude clerk: Ok.
Me: Do you need any more information from me?
Rude clerk: No.

Naturally, I feared that I probably wasn't going to get picked up since the guy didn't ask what airline I was flying, or my name, or anything else. So, I called back the day before my flight arrived back to Phoenix, to double check that I did in fact have a reservation for the shuttle. I did not. So, I made another reservation. This time I was asked for all of my flight info, so I felt confident that I would be picked up by the shuttle. Wrong. The next day, after my flight arrived, I phoned the hotel, and let them know that I had made a reservation, but I needed to know what the shuttle looked like. The clerk told me, and I waited. And I waited. After 30 minutes, I phoned the hotel back and let them know that I hadn't seen the shuttle, and I was waiting. They clerk was indifferent and was like, oh yeah, there a lot of traffic and the driver will be there in 20 minutes. I think you get the gist of this long drawn out story. The shuttle never came after an additional 30 minutes of waiting and two angry phone calls later. Guess who ended up taking another $45 taxi ride back to her hotel in NO TRAFFIC???? This girl. This place is awful. It's horrible. The staff is rude and I wasted $90 on taxi rides to and from a "park and fly" airport. DONT. BOOK. HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

For the location and unfriendly staff/housekeepers/front desk employees,price needs to be drastically lowered.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Mark Ross Jr., the Manager of Days Inn in Phoenix AZ Metrocenter, sure has a great team working with him. Especially Joe and Geovanni at the front Desk. They are kind, knowlegable and easy to work with giving you the best possible hotel rate right at the front desk. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I thank you very much for the positive feedback. Im glad to hear the team at Days Inn is providing great customer service and we cant wait to be of service to you in the near future. Thank you
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I read these reviews and was terrified to stay there. My stay was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. The rooms were really nice and service was amazing. They had good breakfast and nice pool. The room was great and it was a great deal. The only negative my boyfriend and I found was that while we were getting it on the maids walked in, I just wish they would have knocked. Other then that the stay was beyond my expectations. I will gladly come back and recommend it.
(Also, he drove a Mercedes and they didn't break into it so you will be fine)

• Stayed June 2012
Im glad to hear that your stay went well. I appreciate the great feedback and I will share this information with my housekeepers. Im glad to hear you will be back and I cant wait to arrange your accommodations.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We travelled down through from Vancouver, staying at many hotels along the way and this days inn was by far the best!!! Friendliest staff (Geo, Grace, Joe and the Manager Mark), comfiest beds and the best complimentry breakfast ever!! Fruit loops and waffles. What more do you need. The pool was also a great bonus especially with the Summer heat of Arizona. STAY HERE if stopping through Phoenix....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I thank you very much for your positive feedback. Its good to hear that your stay went well and I hope to serve your lodging needs in the near future.
El Paso, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I awoke at 530 am itching and cover ed in bed bugs. There were even blood stains on the sheets where they had been feasting my husband and I. On the way out of the hotel, police showed up and arrested another guest. This is not a nice area! The pool filter was broken and the pool was disgustingly dirty. I understand that the price is low but, regardless the room should have been cleaned and the beds should be changed daily. Bed bugs are not acceptable no matter what price. I would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Do Not stay here