“Scary” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue

You added Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue to your Saves list
Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   8152 N Black Canyon Hwy, I-17 at Exit 206, Northern Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)   |
Ranked #158 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Dallas, Texas
“Scary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Room was typical Motel 6. Entrance to the hotel can be easy to miss. Other guests are a bit sketchy although this seems to extend to the nearby hotels as well. I used to live in Phoenix and didn't expect this - I wouldn't stay here again even though the price was dirt cheap.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I wanted to respond to the other posting here. When I checked in, I was notified that the wifi was limited to only a few rooms, so they do have it, you just have to tell them when you check in that its something that you are interested in. I did not need wifi, but it ended up that the Super 8 hotel next door had it for free, so I was able to get their signal. I did not see any trash, but it certainly was a bit difficult to find the property after exiting the freeway.

This is the usual Motel 6, so I did not expect much. This one actually had a tub (instead of a stand only space pod), so that was nice. I hate it when the lights are external to the shower/toilet area. The other thing that I did not like was that the clothes rack was the same height as I was, so I bumped my head on it.

Bed was actually rather comfy but my blanket had a hole in it. Air conditioning worked fine. Check out and check in was rather easy. It was only $42 for two full beds, so for that price I did not expect much. Towels were clean but there were only 3 of them. TV had many channels. There is an elevator if you need it. Not sure if its the best area, but good enough for a short stay to rest before hitting the road again.

There are many Motel 6 in Phoenix at the same rate. This one is northwest of town off of the I-17. I did not hear any road noise, but purposely asked for a quiet room and the check-in person accommodated me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Anthem, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

Check-in was very prompt and effecient, and the room was functional (as you would expect from Motel 6). There were a couple of unexpected problems I encountered, however.

This hotel advertises Wifi Internet Access, both on their web site and with a banner in front of the hotel, yet no hotspots were even visible from my room, let alone accessible.

I was also surprised with the amount of litter around the property. The litter was scattered all over the place, with some even floating in the pool.

Would I stay here again? Perhaps, but only if it were a bit less expensive, and I was only looking for a bed to sleep on and nothing else.

• Liked — A comfortable bed and a hot shower.
  • Disliked — Advertised wifi does not seem to exist. Lots of litter on grounds.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue

Address: 8152 N Black Canyon Hwy, I-17 at Exit 206, Northern Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85051
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > North Mountain
Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #158 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue Hotel Phoenix
Motel Six Phoenix
Phoenix Motel Six
Phoenix Motel 6

If you own or manage Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.