“You are better off sleeping under a bridge..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Phoenix - Black Canyon

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Phoenix - Black Canyon to your Saves list
Motel 6 Phoenix - Black Canyon
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4130 N Black Canyon Hwy, I-17 at Exit 202/Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85017   |
Ranked #159 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Los Angeles, California
“You are better off sleeping under a bridge..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you like an overpriced room that is poorly ventilated and is surrounded by drug and prostitution activity, this is a perfect fit.

If you can't book another place on short notice, I advise that you sleep in your rental car, or under a bridge before checking in here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Yes, when we arrived, the place was crawling with cops. And yes, some of its guests have a preference for plastic heels and miniskirts. But if I had to choose between this place and the Northern Avenue Motel 6 up the road, I’d stay here in a heartbeat.

It’s definitely rough around the edges, but we had a good sleep, no personal complaints. But maybe we lucked out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a true dump hotel! After being lost looking for a hotel and an 18 hour drive, we decided to settle here due to several others in the area being sold out. Bad choice. As another reviewer stated, the neighborhood is very questionable, a police officer was doing surveillance in the parking lot. There were loud, strange sounds all night of people moving around (at 2, 3, 4 am??) the complex that consists of 3 bulidings. When the office was contacted when I woke from a 5 hour sleep, I was told the terminix would be arriving to take care of "Another problem in another room" and I would be contacted. Please don't waste your money, there are very nice hotels near the airport that cost literally 3 dollars more for peace of mind and cleanliness. Please don't expose yourself or your family to this place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in February, 2012, and the staff was very friendly, but the neighborhood and the people around the hotel were of questionalbe character. I was concerned about the safety of my car and myself. It is the biggest facility in the United States that Motel 6 has, I was told by the clerk.
The bed was acceptable, but not great. The faucet in the bathroom sprayed water all over the place, and the floors were just so so as far as being clean. The doors had dents in them as if someone had tried to kick them in. The water pressure was great in the shower!! TV sound would not go except on a few chanels so could not watch TV stations I wanted to watch w/o disturbing other guests. I did not use the pools or other facalities. I would NOT recommend staying at this motel 6. There is one closer to Metro Center that looks smaller and nicer from the outside, that one might want to try, and the prices appear to be the same. I picked this hotel originaly because it was close to the place I needed to be.

Room Tip: I would not pick this facility, but if you stay use an upper room because the noise level would be b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a place to sleep nearby the airport. I didn't care too much about amenities or decor. But hey, the place is full of drug addicts. Used condoms in the stairway. I ran away from this place as fast as I could.

• Stayed June 2011
coronado, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Worst Motel 6 I ever stayed at. Got in late and was trying to stay a bit outside downtown Phoenix to be on the safe side. I didn't know the area and wasn't even expecting much when I arrived. The room was shabby. When I went to sleep, I was awoken by a phone call from whom I thought was a Motel 6 staff member telling me the motel had an emergency and had to be evacuated, to stay calm and that police would come evacuate me. He went through all the protocols and told me the story of a madman waving a knife, threatening to rape and kill people. I was half asleep, scrambling to get my contacts in and getting ready for the police to come. He then got dramatic and said that the man just broke into a room and to bang on the walls to flush him out and to alert the police where to go. I did not. Then he said, oh my GOD, ma'm, bang on your door, NOW, as if the guy was about to bust in my room. I was petrified and envisioned my death. He then said the police arrived and he'd transfer me to another staff member who would stay w me until the police escorted me out. This staff member had no clue what I was taking about, and the guy was still on the line saying, "cha cha cha." I realized it was a scam but was absolutely terrified as a single woman that this sicko would play out his fantasy that night and come kill me, as he already called and knew my room #! I basically had post traumatic stress at this point and went to the front office where I found toothless, seemingly uneducated employees who were not phased. They informed me that he calls every night and seemed ok with this. There was an elderly man who appeared to be a drug addict, possibly the franchisee. He said the only problem I'd have is if I brought a problem with me, implying I was a prostitute or addict. They seemed uninterested in relocating me to another Motel 6 but did refund me for the night. Against my better judgment, I lay in bed with the lights, my clothes and shoes on the rest of the night. When I woke up the next morning, I realized the area was run down and heard it had high crime. I am lucky to be here to write this review and told myself I'd never travel alone again or stay at a Motel 6 after this.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Vantaa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

OK, you can't really expect anything fancy for $30, but somehow I did expect little more. The room was very basic, but mainly clean. The nearby highway was very noisy and the single windows of the room were not able to keep that noise outside, thus resulting to a rather badly slept night.
The staff at the reception, however, was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Phoenix - Black Canyon? Share your experiences!