“Enjoyable stay around downtown” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Enjoyable stay around downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Friendly service, modern, and walking distance to a number of decent restaurants and bars. The only negative encountered during my stay was that the cleaning staff overlooked a bag of apples left in the mini fridge by a previous guest, but that was a minor nuisance at best. If you're looking to stay downtown, look no further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
daveeames
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff is nice and service staff well trained. Overall property is pretty nice but dated. Shower water was not hot for two days. It was the mixing valve and engineer fixed it when I complained the second day. However I was on an elevator with four others that had the same problem. One had complained and the engineer said it was hot. I took a hot shower this evening, we'll see in the morning if it is hot then.

Housekeeping is bad. I want to say something nicer, I can't. Two days now, touch the switch for the bathroom and it is covered with jelly or something, cleaned it myself when I found where I was getting it on my hand from. Dirty glasses left on the desk both days. Iron had burn spot that ruined my shirt (I'll look first next time) a lot of other nit-picky things I wouldn't have noticed if it was right overall. The room is worth only a little more than the cost of the parking. Spring Hill, only two blocks away is larger, cleaner, free parking, free Internet and half the price.

Oh yeah, they are still calling me by my assistants name after repeatedly asking them to correct it. If you insist on calling me by name, please use my name. I'm the name on the credit card that is embarrassed I paid this much for this hotel

Stayed March 2013
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had during your stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. It is our hope that you treat this as an isolated experience and give us another chance upon your return to the valley.
Again, please accept our sincere apologies.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix and two of the front desk staff really went out there way to ensure my stay was nice. If you visit this Hotel, Chelsea and Kimberly will both ensure all your needs are met. Room was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding two members of our staff at the front desk. We will be sure to pass along your comments to both of these outstanding Hyatt associates. We hope that upon your return to Phoenix you are a guest at our hotel again!
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here for a week while attending a conference in Phoenix. The location is great, especially for anyone attending a sporting event or conference. The customer service in every hotel department was friendly and helpful. I love that they have the added convenience of the check-in/out kiosks and online check-in.
The rooms were ok, but definitely need to be updated. My television remote was filthy and the lighting in the bathroom was very dark. The ceiling had waters spots and the overall appearance of the room was dingy. I wouldn't have minded as much if they weren't charging upwards of $250/night! I understand this is their busy season, but let's be realistic!! I also upgraded to a business room and was supposed to have a larger workspace/desk area, which was not true. My room was identical to those of my colleagues in other parts of the hotel.
I would recommend this place if you are able to get a deal, but otherwise skip it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Excellent experience. Hotel was best I have I have stayed at in long time. Well located downtown across from the conference center. Separate bar at street level had great food and cold beer, not a bad combination. HD tv in the bar but the rooms were analog only so a bit on the fuzzy side but only downside the stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Received email to check in so I did. Received confirmation email with room number. Arrived and kiosk check in doesnt work. Stand in line. Finally talk to check in gal who saysy room is not ready. I told her about my email confirmation that even included my room number. Snottily she advised me they dont preassign room numbers. Really. SHE WAS SO RUDE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. During my stay all of my keys became inactive three times. The rooms are old and dirty ceilings in bathroom rusty. Just gross.
Noone helped with bags or opened door on arrival.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

2nd time here for business/convention. Wonderful facilities and Hyatt does not skimp on having great customer service. However they are not the cheapest one of the block. Rooms are nice however the lack of HD TV is a little bit of a head scratcher...I thought they gave HD TV away for free now-a-days! There are really 'great' views from above the 19th floor since you are sort of in the middle of other high rises but you can see the mountains from almost any room.

Breakfast buffet is a waste of money unless you wish to stay for 2 hours and eat your weight in bacon. The breakfast menu is awesome and its cheaper- Lox bagel was amazing (not by much though -remember Hyatt = higher prices than average).

The city of downtown Phoenix is a dead zone. A few restaurants here and there and you can find a place, sure, but Scottsdale and Chandler have a HUGE plus over this city sections night life.

The restaurant at the top of the Hyatt is very expensive and very nice. My business partner and I had 2 drinks each and entree + dessert and it was $200. The view is just wonderful.

Workout facilities are top shelf. Free towels and water. Super clean. Looks like a private gym, no problem crappy equipment here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, we appreciate your comments regarding downtown as well. It is our hope that upon your return we can show you some very special highlights that our local downtown has to offer, I think you will be suprised.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hyatt Regency Phoenix? Share your experiences!