“I don't agree” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #93 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“I don't agree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This place was incredible! From the reservation process to check in and all in between. I spoke to Jenna over the phone and what a delight. She was funny and a delight to deal with. The desk clerk on arrival was just as good. The room was well appointed and comfortable. No complaints other than the AC never really seemed to cool the place enough for me but my wife thought it did fine. Breakfast was really an enjoyable experience as well. Relaxing atmosphere in the dinning room and plenty of hot good food.

Decided to stay a second night because of the enjoyable first night and Jenna was back. She set things up for a second night and even provided us free drinks and breakfast. I say stay here if you have business in the area. Didn't find much to do at night here but enjoyed the relaxation.

Thanks all for the great experience. Can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fred P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear ShrekGFFG,

Thank you for the kind comments. I am very proud of every employee at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North but I will be sure to tell both Jena and Manny what a great job they did for you. I hope you will continue to stay at our hotel the next time you are in the Phoenix area.

Fred Pratt
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This place is not that nice. TV did not work, wifi was difficult to connect and very slow when it did. Lots of people in downstairs bar with tablets as connection there seemed a little better. Breakfast was included with room but didn't bother with it after trying out on first morning. Décor is tired and the room could have done with a good spring clean. The hotel seems to be in the middle of nowhere and neighbourhood is a seemed a bit dodgy. Would look for somewhere else if back in Phoenix

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Cathy255118,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

The air conditioning system is inadequate. The room was 84 degrees, and the front desk said that it is typical for this time of year... Good luck sleeping in an 84 degree room. We were offered a different room that was slightly better. The bathroom floor was beyond dirty, along with the toilet. The security latch was broken / missing from the door. The parking situation at this hotel is a joke. There are around 20 parking spots up front, and if those are full you have to use a rear lot that is quite a ways away, at a nearby hotel. Overall, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had - by far. I tried to discuss the issues with management, but I was told he was on vacation until the following week.

Do not waste your money on a place like this.

You've been warned!!!

• Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Jcshaa,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room conditions has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
oxford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We checked in and everything was fine. Nice hotel and rooms. As I went to get into bed I noticed that my pillow was dirty. Dried blood and hair on it. My husband then pulled back his covers and there was lots of hair on his side. It appeared that the bed had not been changed! Gross!! We rang down and the man on the desk was very helpful and came up with a change of room. He gave us a coupon each for a drink. We then had to pack all our stuff up and move rooms at 9pm. This room was fine. Upon check out I spoke to the manager who just said he would look into it. The lady on checkout was lovely. Sorry holiday inn but this is not good enough.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear sammie18,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Ben Wheeler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

As an IGH Platinum Preferred member, I stay in may Holiday Inns. I expect a lot and received most of that at this hotel. Front desk staff was courteous and helpful and everything about the hotel was as expected. I stayed in a large suite, so space obviously wasn't an issue. I attempted to print documents from the business center printer - which wasn't working at the moment. When this issue was brought to the attention of the front desk attendant - he promptly printed my documents on their office computer. I would have given a 'Very Good' rating had the restaurant/lounge service been better. In the two nights I frequented the Soleil lounge, staff was preoccupied with other activities. Very poor service in the lounge, but an excellent stay overall. I would (and will shortly) stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ryan H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests needs the best way we can and we are so pleased to know you were satisfied with the room you had and that your concerns with the business center were addressed during your stay. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with our restaurant. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel parking is free but only about 30 spaces. Then garage parking is 1/2 block away at another hotel. The staff was very helpful when we asked where it was (the parking). On site restaurant for breakfast $8.50. Dinner after 5:00. Bed pillows are very small about 14"x 14" and lumpy bedding was soft but kept cumming off at corner twice in one night. A/C was quiet and comfortable, street noise was low.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Fred P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Boborunner,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North. Yes the parking out front is limited but when it is 110 degrees having the FREE COVERED parking is a HUGE advantage. I am sorry that we do not provide a free breakfast but I hope if you did try our buffet you found it a great value for only $8.50. I think you will also be happy to know that early next year we are getting completely new pillows that will be much larger.

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North. I hope you will stop and say hello the next time you are in town.
Benson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stay here for most of my phx business trips. Quiet, comfortable rooms. Good nearby amnenties. Almost always have an issue with room ac. As soon as u get into room, check ac, and if it doesn't work, change rooms. Beds are great, pillows are adequate, wifi good. Tv & cable ok but confusing. Other furniture good. Bathroom good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fred P, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Bryan,

Thank you for taking your time to tell everyone about your stay at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North. Everyone try's very hard to make everyone's stay as good as yours. This summer was a difficult one for our air conditioning system. We had several parts of it fail at different times. I HOPE that everything is now repaired and you will not have the same problem on your next visit. I hope you will stop by and say hello on your next visit.

Fred Pratt

Been to Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North? Share your experiences!