“A Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Payson, Arizona
“A Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I need to travel to Phoenix fairly regularly for medical reasons. Our first stay was so pleasant that we keep going back. We were pleased that we get the same room each time--it almost feels like we're home. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. Scott and Melissa in the restaurant are awesome! They make us feel like we are their only guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

I had a nice stay at this Hollyday inn
Stuff is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable and quiet, the breakfast is only $8 what I consider a very affordable price. You will like it!

• Stayed February 2012
La Verne, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

i was staying here on business and my experience was poor. our company had been traveling around the country and staying in other holiday inns with good results.

my hot water cut in and out, and stopped working on 3rd day. i called the front desk and they said they would fix it. the next morning i took another cold shower. i made another call and they said they would send maintenance. and that evening my shower didn't work at all.

the food and service at the restaurant was not very good. my friend actually felt sick afterwards from the nachos. the service was slow even though there was very few people there. the bartender was somewhat obnoxious. i also ordered the only local brew they had and he wasn't sure what i was talking about. and then failed to bring me a beer at all, which was strange to us.

other then that, the staff was accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I recently traveled to phoenix with my girlfriend to attend a concert and we stayed at this holiday inn and were extremly pleased with our stay. As other reviews have stated the hotel is not exactly in the heart of downtown however there is public transportation right down the street and getting downtown is quick and easy. Also there are some great restaruants that are right next to the hotel we definitly recommend alexis for italian and mi patio for mexican food both were delicious.The hotel was pretty
modern and the rooms were of a decent size, we found the bed to be super comfortable, the fridge in the room was a big plus for storing drinks and snacks.
The staff at the hotel was superfriendly always asking us how our stay was going and if there was anything they could do for us. My only complaint about the hotel would be the state of their pool, the pool was dirty when we checked it out on the first night with water bottles floating in the pool and wrappers all over the floor, furthermore there were no lounge chairs which was dissapointing as we wanted to lay out by the pool and get a tan.
All in all we had a great stay at the hotel and if we are ever in the phoenix area we will def return to this property as the price was right, the hotel was modern and the location was convienent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I'm a frequent business traveler and always stay here. My family came with me during a recent stay and I can say without hesitation this hotel treated us with the same top quality service I've been receiving for several years. This Holiday Inn is well managed and maintained, and recruits the very best talent which is very important! I should also note that I think the food in the restaurant is top notch.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 8 nights while taking a course a couple of blocks away. The staff were mostly very friendly (especially Melissa who brought up room service and served me in the restaurant), the room was clean, and the bed comfortable. The pool area was great, and the wine servings generous :)

I liked that the Light Rail was a block away. The restaurant food is quite good, especially the breakfast buffet.

There were two negative things about my experience. First, I ended up adding a couple of nights to my original booking that had been done through my administrative assistant. The website showed those nights as $30 cheaper than what I was paying throughout the week; however, the employee handling my checkout insisted that the price was what had been agreed upon. I wasn't happy about that - I felt I should have been giving the going rate for the extra nights I ended up staying. Unfortunately, I was hurrying to catch a flight, and did not have time to speak with a manager. Whether or not the manager would have given me the going rate, I don't know. Perhaps!

The second negative -and this is the one thing that would stop me from ever staying in this hotel again - is that the internet connection was lousy. I tried both wireless and not - web pages took ages to load, if they ever actually did. This made it impossible to work from my hotel in the evenings, and on the weekends, when I wanted to price car rentals and see what Phoenix had to offer, I just couldn't access pages I needed to access. Simple email was ok, however.

If the internet connection were improved, I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I love this hotel and it is the only place I stay when visiting Phoenix. The staff is always helpful and extremely courteous. I first started staying here 3 years ago and have never been anything less than thrilled. The low turnover of staff is a good indicator to me that people love working there. As a regular traveler (over 50% on the road), I have a pretty reasonable expectation around amenities -- this hotel exceeds my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Phoenix Downtown North? Share your experiences!