“Will Stay Again...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Fairfax, Virginia
“Will Stay Again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

As a Gold Member got a very nice room on the concierge floor for one night. Inside room with a nice view overlooking the pool area. Concierge lounge for breakfast in the morning and heavy snacks in the evening exceeded expectations.

Had a drink at the bar and it was a nice place to gather (as many already had) and wind down.

Con? Prices in the shop for a tube of toothpaste and a pack of gum were over the top but I knew that before I walked in...

Room Tip: No restaurant within walking distance but shuttle driver will take you so some close by if you ask.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback on your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and are delighted you chose our location during your visit to Phoenix.
We take great pride in the service and accommodations we provide and it's wonderful knowing you had such a positive experience. Again, thank you for reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sunny South
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The staff was friendly, courteous, welcoming and professional. My only complaint is that this was a business trip and we could not get Wifi. Come on guys... this is 2011/2012. I am finding this at a few of the Hilton brand hotels .... having to either pay for Wifi or the Wifi is not working.

In this instance, I had to call the front office on 3 occasions to get a connection to my room. They in turn had to contact their computer guy to rectify the issue. This took an entire day.

The hallways were a bit noisy and with any hotel, get a room away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at our property. We are delighted that you stayed with us and we thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We take great pride in knowing we have such tenured individuals working with us each day.
Please know that we are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi connection. As a business travel hotel we know the importance of having reliable Wi-Fi capability and we hope you can make it back to try out this improved service. We truly appreciate your input on TripAdvisor and value your business. We hope to be of service to you again.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I appreciate so much about this hotel. The service is great. The rooms are clean. The location is close to the airport, but still in a quiet location. I find that the staff will go out of their way to help me with any needs I might have. I tried their restaurant and enjoyed the food as well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you stayed with us and had such a positive experience. It is our primary goal to provide a wonderful stay for all of our guests and we truly appreciate the feedback.
Thank you for sharing with us on TripAdvisor. We value your business and eagerly await your next visit.
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Seriously? No WiFi? It's 2012.

And it's in the flight path.
And hallway noise is incredibly loud -- you can hear doors slamming and people talking on phones or in person
And if you're on the pool side of the hotel...last night there were people partying outside at 1am and I could hear every word with my balcony door closed

...if you're a light sleeper, don't stay here.

Also the ice machine on my floor is broken.

Overall...lame.

Room Tip: Stay at the end of a hallway to avoid noise outside the door.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I want to apologize that you had an unpleasant experience with us. We feel you deserve better. Being near the Airport we are aware of the planes that do fly over the property and that it may cause extra noise. If you would like to give us another chance, and we do hope you will, please do not hesitate to contact us before hand so we can place you in a location necessary to your needs.
As a business hotel we know the importance of having access to the internet. We are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi for a better guest experience.
We appreciate your input on TripAdvisor. We value your business and do hope you will give us another chance.
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Overall the hotel is good. The meeting space worked great and good food. Now my room was a total disapointment. I had a Jr Suite. The room was a bit dated. The bed needs to be updated. I had a whirlpool tub that was broken and leaked the entire time I was there. I called the front desk 3 times and it was not fixed durign the course of the week while I was there.

Besides the lack of response from the front desk the meeting planners were great and the overall meeting was a success. I may give it one more chance

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on the third floor overlooking the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

Was stranded in Phoenix last night, and got a great rate ($60). Very comfy bed, very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, fast airport shuttle. All in all, totally with it for a great night's sleep.

• Stayed December 2011
Phoenix,AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I live in the Phoenix area and used to stay at this facility eight or ten times a year. Now I only stay here if the price is great. I can't say enough for the desk staff and people in the bar and restaurant. Mike is a great asset to the Rimrock. Shuttle drivers are always courteous and usually on time. That being said, the bathrooms need a redo, the heating and air conditioning seldom maintain a comfortable temperature, even after a visit by the maintenance staff, and the overall room maintenance is not kept current (caulking, paint, scratches and dents, etc.). Maybe other guests will rate it higher than I have, because they didn't stay here three or four years ago, when it was an outstanding property. I sincerely hope that management will spend some money and get this hotel back to where it was.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!