“Changes Needed” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
California, United States
“Changes Needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hampton Inn Phoenix Arizona needs a few changes, clean the bathtubs and get bathmats to stand on and make sure they get cleaned also, you need dining tablesin the room to sit comfortably as you eat your meals, just two chairs and a table would have done it for us. Have maintainance to have all doors to enter the building in working order.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix - Midtown -Downtown Area, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the guests experience of our hotel. We have followed up your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We do not normally use tub mats but we would be glad to provide you with a tub mat and a table with extra chairs upon request.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Cordially,

Eric Mackler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Richmond, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just sent this information to Hilton and haven't received a response in 5 days. BEWARE! People have been nice and room is clean, but knowing that the person at the front desk at night is incompetent, please beware that the same thing could happen to anyone. Luckily nothing happened to me because the person in the room wasn't there. And luckily I am an honest person and didn't steal anything from the room. But the situation could have ended MUCH worse:

Both my husband and I are long time Hilton members. But, after tonight's experience, I don't know that I will be back.

I checked into the Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown on 4/15, just around midnight. Sandy was the one to check me in and give me my keys. I walked up to room 223, tried both keys, and neither worked. So I went back downstairs and told Sandy that neither key worked. She re-coded them, blaming the changing of the door locks as the reason the keys didn't work. So I go back upstairs and the key now works. I enter the room to find a man's things spread all over the room--cigarettes, alcohol bottles, dirty clothes. I immediately leave the room and return downstairs. Sandy issues me a new room key to room 311. Finally, I am checked in. This is a HUGE security risk. Not only for me, but for the person that I was given entrance into their room. Thank goodness the person wasn't there. I am very shaken due to this incident.

I look forward to your follow up regarding my experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy. You are right next to a hospital that has a helicopter that arrives during all...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix - Midtown -Downtown Area, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Augrads,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the safety of our hotel. We have identified the problem of what happened and have addressed this with our front desk associates.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the incident. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

El Paso, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Never saw a breakfast, walked out to get coffee early & people were eating McDonalds in that area. did not see a hotel supplied breakfast. But it ask me if I ate any. It says I have to have 200 characters to save this, its not worth the work to review these

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Urbana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Liked the pool, room, and overall amenities. The room we had was a bed with kitchenette and it was really nice. Plenty of room and would have been a big fan of it if I was there more than 1 night. But it took 30 minutes to check in, and the clerk said he would adjust the price of our room, but in the morning no change had been made.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and your positive comments regarding our hotel. We have reviewed your check in and it took less than one minute to check you in. I have attempted to contact you via email to discuss this but have not had a response yet. You mentioned on a different comment card that you were late for dinner on Saturday night, but you checked in to our hotel on a Friday night, the check in was efficient and this is why we think you are referring to a different hotel regarding the slow check in.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me, we look forward to hearing from you.

General Manager.
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family and liked location in central area as we did things as far south as Tucson and as north as New River.
Hotel is easy to get to and is quiet despite being adjacent to hospital.
Beds were some of the most comfortable that I have had at a Hampton. Rooms had higher ceilings which made the room feel larger.Nice desk for doing emails with plenty of outlets. Only downside is pool is a bit on the smaller size...

• Stayed April 2013
We want to thank you for your comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. We are very excited to read about your great experiences regarding our beds, high ceilings and the new Hampton power boxes.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel. we hope we get the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Cordially,

Alexandria, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The breakfast had healthy choices plus the fresh waffles for my son. The beds were very comfortable and our room was quiet. There was free parking and mult. choices of coffee available in the lobby all day. We would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix - Midtown -Downtown Area, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
We want to thank you for your comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. We are very excited to read about your great experiences regarding our staff, parking, the breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel.

Hopefully you will stay with us on your next visit to Phoenix.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Cordele
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here on business to Phoenix and was made to feel very welcomed by both the clerks and the breakfast hostess that I saw each morning. I especially liked the fact that the staff was knowledgeable about the area and they were willing to tell you about places to eat in the area and things to do. A little noisy but not bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We want to thank you for your comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. We are very excited to read about your great experiences regarding our staff, service and knowledge of the area.

Hopefully you will stay with us on your next visit to Phoenix.

Eric Mackler

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix - Midtown -Downtown Area? Share your experiences!