“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #81 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmlbertaonton A
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I travel to phoenix regularly and this hotel is a real gem. Excellent staff,very friendly and willing to please. free parking,Wi Fi & breakfast. Excellent location. Very clean & quiet. Good prices especially when booked on the net. Probably the best of all the Best Westerns I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

When I made my reservations I was not thinking much about the hotel but I was impressed when I walked in and saw the cleanliness of this property. I was greeted promply by the desk staff who also gave me information on the many restaurants located within walking distance. My room was nice and had triple sheeting and free internet access. I didn't get to use the pool although it looked so inviting in the almost 100-degree weather. I was told this hotel just won the Best Western Housekeeping Award and I can see why. Totally recommend it to anyone looking to stay in this part of town.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Travelling by myself, single female to another state....

Found it easilly, really great easy on/off with the freeway (which you totally can't hear at night. Its rather pleasant), lots of little stores nearby (Kmart, Circle K, et cetera) and food.

Very clean rooms, like? Cleaner than you would expect out of a Best Western. Comfy bed, nice linens, lots of counter space by the sink for your makeup (Ladies you know what I'm saying!). It's spacious, too! I've been in chain hotels before where it's almost claustrophobically small, but this one has a good amount of space in the rooms.

Overall just a really great value and not too far from all the stuff you need.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

This is a standard older type Best Western-the front desk were excellent and went out of their way to help us. They serve a decent breakfast! The place is not luxurious but given the price, you will get good value for your $!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
slippery rock,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

stayed 3 nites paid $50ish a nite, clean room, nice continental breakfast. would stay there again

• Liked — nice room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I am really impress with the new ownership and hotel management. They have significant improve the property from my last stay 6 months ago. The rooms are fresh, staff is friendly and most importantly for me was the breakfast. There are many choices and items are replenish frequently to meet the next hungry guest. I would highly recommend this property for anyone coming to town. It is a great value!

• Liked — Great Value
  • Disliked — Almost none
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

This hotel is fine for a no frills stay. $90.00 a day. I stayed in room 143 and was able to park my rental right outside my door every night. The rooms are clean and accommodating and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, make-it-yourself waffles, fruit, muffins and toast, cereal, coffee and juices.

I would recommend it for an overnighter. It is centrally located and there is access to the highway, lots of shopping and restaurants. The area isn't so great, but I still felt safe.

The major drawback for this property is that the walls are thin and you can easily hear what is going on in the rooms next to you and outside. A pair of foam ear plugs cured that easily. It was just a little noisy, but the fact that it is spring break may have added to the volume...not bad, but a little loud. (Who would go to the Best Western in Phoenix for spring break anyway? I thought that was a little peculiar, but who knows.)

I saw no cockroaches, not a single bug while I was here and that is great for this area since it is surrounded by many restaurants, stores etc...Phoenix is notorious for the little buggers!

My biggest gripe is that I had to call for housekeeping everyday to have my room made up. I don't get it. I am a frequent guest at Best Western and know that the room incluces housekeeping. Not sure what happened with that.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Having to call each day for housekeeping
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn? Share your experiences!