My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I am not sure if it is the time of the year or what but we ran into one glitch after another.
The first night when we settled into our room, we saw a HUGE cockroach on the wall! I mean huge like the type in Asia. It was disgusting. Called the front desk and the security came up immediately. He came with nothing and tried using the toilet paper to catch it ! And of course, it disappeared. Then he decides to go and get some spray at which point I am ready to walk out in my PJs. They gave us another room which they said was a newly renovated one. Did not look so to me. Early next morning when we tried to use the toilet, there was no water. Then my husband figured that the tap to the toilet was not open. But the toilet water ran once in a while after that making this annoying noise. Probably that is why it was shut off.
After returning from a long day of activities, we could not get into the room since our cards were not working (we had two). I had to go to the front desk and activate the cards again.
I have had breakfasts in places like La Quinta and Ramada and they are decent. They are not fancy but give a good basic filling one needs to start the day. I was expecting something along that line but it was very disappointing. The toaster was not working. They figured then that the outlet was not working. The sausages and eggs were plugged into that outlet. Therefore, there was no heat on them either, how long, I am not sure (health violation ?). They did not even have any fruits. Other than that, there was the normal items - coffee, juice, cereal, bread and waffle.
Close to the highway makes this place easy to get in and out. There are plenty of restaurants around.
That said, we will definitely not stay in this place again. The front desk guy told us that the place is being renovated and we got a renovated room. If they call this renovation, I am not sure how it was before. Find another place if you want a more comfortable (healthy) stay.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phoenix i-17 Metro Hotel Phoenix
- Best Western Phoenix i-17 Metro Hotel
- Best Western Phoenix
- Phoenix Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located only minutes from downtown and just north of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, with the Convention Center, shopping and major sports venues nearby, the Best Western Metro Center Inn is positioned along the I-17 business park corridor, we proudly offer convenience, comfort and outstanding Award Winning service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Best Western, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.