“Friendly staff and convenient location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #56 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Friendly staff and convenient location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

Have many friendly and helpful staff that made my stay there wonderful! It is just next to I-17 so convenient to go anywhere! Have 2 small shopping centres nearby! Only bad thing is during my last 3 nights there, I got bitten by bed bugs!

• Stayed December 2011
CSaber, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
We appreciate your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Metrocenter. I am interested in speaking with you further, please contact me at your earliest convenience. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager.

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Be sure to ask for a room on the side away from the interstate. We stayed here four nights. When we checked in we were told that the rate would be the same reasonable rate for all four nights. When we checked out they had jacked up the price on the last night and wouldn't back down even though we gave them the name of the employee who quoted us the price. "She made a mistake" was the response. Arrgh! The room was clean enough to be comfortable but the toilet was a little smelly and at times I could smell cigarette smoke wafting in through the central AC. Typically this happened in the early morning hours. The AC unit was noisy so we turned it off at night. The room got really cold so we layered on clothes before bedding down. The breakfast was OK. I might stay here again if I can get a guaranteed checkout price. One good thing is that its in a decent neighborhood. I felt safe enough to go out for a power walk every morning at dawn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
yuma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

this is the place for you. Just a few feet from the lovely Black Canyon Freeway, you will not get a wink of sleep. Also be prepared for unannounced charges to your bill, such as the "room safe" fee.
The price is low for a reason. Don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
CSaber, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
We are considered a "Highway Best Western Hotel" and location is key for Travelers, there may be some highway noise. We apologize for not meeting your satisfaction and always appreciate your time and feedback.

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Wonderful experience! We arrived @ 2:30 am after a delayed flight & was greeted warmly by night staff. Quick check-in into a CLEAN, spacious comfy King executive room facing the beautiful pool area. Room obviously recently beautifully update. Bed was soooo comfortable. Stayed three nights, close to everything with quick & easy off from the Interstate. Hot breakfast provided by the hotel is ample, We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 119 close to pool & lobby but very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Location is superb right off I-17. The hotel is clean, great value, and very friendly staff. The free breakfast is awesome. I will definitely go back anytime I need a place to stay in Phoenix. I highly recommend this to anyone. This place will not disappoint you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
We appreciate your time and positive comments about your stay and look forward to your future visit at the Best Western Metrocenter.

Newport,South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I used this hotel while on vacation last year due to the great value for money.I was not disappointed this year,the general Manager was on the front desk when I checked in.She remembered me from last year and made me feel most welcome.
We reminisced about my stay last year when I arrived in one of the worst hailstone storms Phoenix had seen. This year it was raining heavily,I did apologise for bringing the British weather with me again.
For great rooms, great location and great staff,stay here.

Room Tip: Both 1st and 2nd floor rooms are of great equal value.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
CSaber, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
It is always our pleasure to see our loyal guests. We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay with us each time.

Thank you very much for your compliments and time in providing your positive feedback.

Happy Holidays,
Manitou Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Recently rented 3 rooms for 3 nights. Everything was fine with the hotel the first night we were there (with the exception of very noisy neighbors and the intermittantly running air conditioning). The problem arose when we returned for our second night and found that housekeeping skipped 2 of our 3 rooms. We went to the front desk to let them know and to get clean towels, and we were told that we had requested that the rooms not be serviced. Really?? We asked the desk clerk to please be sure to tell housekeeping to clean our rooms the following day. When we returned for our 3rd night, 1 of the rooms was skipped again! We again went to the desk to get towels, coffee, and soap and to speak to the desk clerks. We were told we again had requested that the room not be cleaned. Considering we left before 7am, there was no housekeeping to tell anything as they were not even on the property yet. We were also told we should have brought it to the attention of the front desk staff the first time it happened!!! We told the desk staff that WE DID!!!!

Just got the impression that the staff here does not care. Both clerks both nights basically told us we were lying about the rooms not getting cleaned. If housekeeping says that the rooms were not to be serviced, then they are right and we are wrong. Apparently it isn't possible that housekeeping is lying and maybe a bit lazy??

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CSaber, Manager at BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us from 11/11-11/14/11. This information is valuable to our continued training and customer service improvements.

Connie

Been to BEST WESTERN Phoenix I-17 MetroCenter Inn? Share your experiences!