“Disgusting.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon walking into the lobby on arrival, there was a cigarette butt on the floor, the grout in the tile was broken and scattered on the floor. The pillow cases weren't on the pillows when we entered the assigned rooom. The water for a shower took about fifteen minutes to warm; the breakfast was less than described by the person who checked us in the night before; the waffle batter dispenser didn't work...an unbelievable place!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

TIRMIZY, General Manager at Days Inn Phoenix West, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again at our brand when your travel plans require a night's lodging.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You'll be lured in by the cheap rate, but you're better off sleeping in your car. We travel for business frequently and have stayed in some pretty bad places, but this one takes the cake. The first room we had smelled musty, there were countless stains on everything everywhere, broken dresser, most of the lights didn't work, broken tiles and mold in the bathroom, and the chain lock on the door was hanging by a broken bolt. Then we found out the toilet was leaking ONTO THE FLOOR! We were tired, so we stuck it out for the night to be serenaded with awkward domestic disputes outside all night long. Breakfast the next day was just sad. Stale mini muffins and toast, stale dry cereal, and a broken waffle maker. This was not the breakfast I was used to getting at Days Inn. A lady came up to us at breakfast introducing herself as the GM and asked how things were going, but before we could answer, she walked away. I went to the front desk and told the clerk about the toilet issue and he supposedly took note of it, but I didn't see him write anything down anywhere. Our keys randomly stopped working, so I went to the desk to get them fixed, the GM greeted me there and rudely explained that the keys won't work if they've been demagnetized. I know that. I had just had the keys in my hand, there was no way they could have been demagnetized. While I was at it I told her about the toilet and she actually wrote it down while saying "Well I can't fix these things if you don't tell me." Really? Nice, lady. A few minutes later, a maintenance guy came to the room and said he would fix it. We left for the day hoping it would get better, but it did not. We came back later that night to see nasty wet towels in the bathtub and the toilet was completely broken. I went to the front desk to complain and the clerk immediately said "I've been trying to call you all day. You need to switch rooms." Whatever. We switched rooms. It was even worse. It was a non-smoking room yet reeked of smoke and when we went to go report it, the clerk simply didn't care. Another broken dresser, more broken lights, more stains, damp carpet in the vanity area, mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom, a mysterious wet spot on one of the beds, and a phone number in lipstick on the mirror. Classy. Again, we stuck it out, but the next morning I had had enough and decided to check out early even though I had prepaid for 3 nights. The Supposed GM checked us out without argument in a very resigned fashion which pretty much says this happens all the time. At her request, I wrote a note with all the problems I had and again she said "I can't fix these things if no one tells me." I more have a feeling this place is so far gone, no one cares anymore. She then said she would give it to her manager to report it all. Yeah. Ok. Seems she didn't want to take responsibility for the state of the hotel. The Manager on Duty sign was also always conveniently blank whenever we went to the front desk. Save yourself the trouble and go stay somewhere a little nicer.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Torrington, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had to change rooms three times,reserved 2 smoking rooms and then was told they don't have any, when the couple next to us had one. Unclean rooms,the wife got bit by some kind of bug in the room. The carpet hadn't been cleaned since put in(about the time of state hood). The only good thing in this Day's Inn was the staff, very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Very truly yours,

Been to Days Inn Phoenix West? Share your experiences!