“Great stay! Fantastic value. We will be back.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #83 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Alaska
“Great stay! Fantastic value. We will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Phownix to attend a concert. The rooms were nicely laid out and very clean. We enjoyed the free drinks snd snacks in early evening. The free breakfast was a full buffet with eggs and omelets cooked to order, also many other cold choices. The price was right, the room was comfortable and we cpuldn't have been happier. Hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed October 2011
Christopher T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix-North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
As I always say, better late than never! Thank you for your kind words and thank you for staying with us again! We appreciate it.

Chris Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Embassy Suites Phoenix North has nice common areas, the usual GREAT cooked to order breakfast, a nice pool, and nice service during the evening reception. The property is an outdoor property, which means depending on which room you are in, it could be a long way from the breakfast area, common areas, or the pool. In the summer, this can be particularly bad as outside temps often reach over 110 degrees. I tried requesting a room close to the front, and it failed. The rooms themselves are spacious, but definitely need to be renovated. Rooms DO NOT have wifi. If you are there for an event that requires planning, the communication between the sales staff and the front desk is HORRENDOUS. They operate independently and really don't communicate.. so.. if you've reserved a private room or are booked through group sales, expect a headache. I've used this hotel twice through group sales and both times had unusually bad experiences with communication. On site restaurant is not great. Happy hour drinks were fine, food was minimal.. like pretzels and chips and salsa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix-North, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Ramey,

I want to thank you for your review about your stay here at our hotel. It is through our guests feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in taking care of our guests. Our goal is not only meet but exceed our guests expectations. I want to apologize for the inconvienances you had here at our hotel.

I will be sharing your feedback to my staff so that we can take corrective action on improving our communication between departments. In reference to the rooms we do have updates planned for them that also include wireless internet this year. I appreciate your feedback and choosing to stay with us.

I hope that should your travel plans bring you again into our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tim Goodman
Okemos, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

For an Embassy Suites it gets mixed reviews. The location is central for my business meetings. The rooms are below average. The restaurant has a great breakfast buffet and omlettes. The service staff is polite and accomadating. Need to renovate the rooms though. Will be back as nothing better in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms face a parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for sending in a review about your stay here at our hotel. It is through our guests feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in taking care of our guests. I appreciate the good comments about the staff and the service you recieved in our restaurant. I want to apologize for the inconvienances you had with the room.

I want to let let you know that we do have updates planned this year for our guests rooms. I appreciate your feedback and choosing to stay with us. I hope that should your travel plans bring you into our area again that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tim Goodman
Tonopah, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My son was getting married near by and we didn't want to drive after the reception, so we stayed here. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, even while changing the reservations on the phone to accommodate more guests at no extra cost. When I checked in I told them that I would need transportation for a group of 6 and when and they made all the arrangements for me. The driver gave me his phone number to call when we were ready to return to the hotel and he picked us up and dropped us off at the door. The free cooked to order breakfast was great. Although I didn't have time to use the pool and other facilities, everything looked beautiful. My wife and I plan to return for a weekend just to get away and relax. Overall we enjoyed the stay and would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the inside or the East side of hotel due to highway traffic noise outside...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Christopher T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix-North, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

It's motel style, drive to your door, so it's not internal, which is fine. However, the housekeeper did leave my door open after cleaning it. But the management was very adamant about rewarding me for that and gave me a discount! Nothing was taken. The courtyard is beautiful with a pool, hottub, and bar. The cook to order breakfast is the best in the industry for free! You feel weird, but good about walking away without paying for a meal like that! And it's right down the street from Pei Wei and Chino Bandido's!

Room Tip: it's all preference. look at the map and determine if you want parking side or courtyard side. I...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope you stay with us again soon!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Phoenix North numerous times over the past several years, on both business and pleasure trips. This trip was a vacation, with 3 other family members and we were there for 5 nights. We shared a suite with 2 queen beds which were very comfortable. The bedroom is a good size, easily accommodating 4 adults and lots of luggage.

The sink/vanity area is separate to the bathroom, making it easier for juggling our morning schedule (4 women need lots of space) - the counter is a good size. Toiletries are nice (Crabtree & Evelyn). Housekeeping quickly brought us extra towels on request.

The living room is very spacious, but I think it could use a little 'lipstick', as the furniture is older and the sofa-bed was not comfortable to sit on. A new sofa-bed would make a big difference. .

The grounds and pool area are very nice and well maintained, with one minor exception... one of those 'came out of nowhere' storms hit the area on one of the days we were there, and there was a lot of debris left behind afterwards, mostly dead fronds from the palm trees. It would be money well spent by the hotel to have someone come in and remove all the dead branches etc. from all of the trees around the grounds. Some of the debris was very large and could easily have caused damage or injury. The cabana bar wasn't open during our stay. I was told it is seasonal and/or depending on how busy the hotel is. It was fairly quiet while we were there and we sometimes had the pool to ourselves, or with only a few other guests.

We enjoyed the cooked-to-order breakfast, and the lineups were short or non-existent. Likewise the manager's reception in the evening - great margaritas that we enjoyed on the patio and beside the pool.

The hotel restaurant Lafitte's is reasonably priced for lunch and dinner. We opted to have dinner there on our first day rather than go out somewhere (relaxing after a long drive). I have had some good meals in the past, but this time it was an off night, with all four of us getting cold dinners, 2 prime ribs were not as ordered, and the server made no apologies and said 'don't blame me'. She did take some money off our bill but we were not impressed with the service or the meal. That said, I would still give it another try.

There are 3 computers in the lobby, which can be used for printing boarding passes, etc.

I have always found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near I-17 and only a couple of minutes to the Loop 101 for access to shopping and restaurants.This is my preferred place to stay on trips to Phoenix.

Room Tip: Ask for an internal 'poolside' room. The external rooms face out onto the parking lots.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Christopher T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix-North, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Hope you had safe travel home.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed on at this hotel on a short family getaway. The room and hotel are what you expect for a Embassy suites. We rented two rooms ( each was a two room suite) as my wife and I brought my 4 daughters and one grandson. They were full but got us two rooms next side by side. Great service. We have a great time at the pool, hot tub, and playing tenis. My wife and I used the small gym. Good carido work out, not much for weights but it was clean, and cool. The breakfast was very good, they had the cooked to order breakfast, but also had a good buffet that include srcambled eggs which was nice as one morning we were short on time and did not have to wait for the cooked breakfast. We be will be back. The hotel is large and it can be a walk form the room to the lobby or gym.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the freeway is noiser but OK, rest of the rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

Chris Taylor

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix-North? Share your experiences!