“Doesn't deserve 3-star rating” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2333 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Kids Eat Free
Ranked #86 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
A TripAdvisor Member
“Doesn't deserve 3-star rating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2003

I just returned from a business trip to Phoenix where I stayed in the Embassy Suites on Thomas Rd. My stay there was a disaster from the beginning. If you are a government employee planning to stay here, don't count on getting a nice room. They relegate us to the far hidden corners of the hotel in rooms that have the oldest, smelliest, and low quality furnishings. The beds sagged in the middle and had absolutely NO support. There was a lump off to the side of my bed which I guess may have been mattress foam that had not been used to death. While the staff did change my room (3 times in 2 days) it was always with an "attitude". The first time I asked for a room change because I was in a corner room, next to the noisy ice/vending machines and unlocked gate leading to the parking lot. I felt very unsafe in this room. I was moved to another corner room, hidden in the back recesses of the hotel, again very unsafe feeling. This second room was the one with the so-called bed. The third room was a bit better but then let me tell you what happened! I was scheduled to check out on Friday. On Thursday, I had to go out of town for an overnight so I took my clothing with me but still left behind some personal items that I felt would indicate that I was returning to the room. Lo and behold when I returned to the room very early Friday morning, I found I had been "checked out" because the maid had been searching my room and had seen that my clothing was gone so I was automatically "checked out" despite the fact that I had a reservation until Friday and had left items behind. Of course, they couldn't find my books that I had left behind, my fruit and sodas had been confiscated, etc. What infuriates me is the fact that I had made sure to close the wardrobe doors and the dresser drawers so that it wouldn't be visible to the housekeeping staff that my clothing wasn't there. When I asked the head of housekeeping how the maid had come to the conclusion that I had vacated hes were gone." Why should the maid have been looking in the closed closet and drawers? Didn't the fact that my personal hygiene items were left in the shower indicate anything to her? I will NEVER stay in this hotel again. I am out a brand new hardcover book, a six-pack of sodas, a bag of oranges, shampoo, and a few magazines. If you want to be ripped off this is the place to go.

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)

Been to Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street

Address: 2333 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > Camelback East
Ranked #86 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street 3*
Located only two and half miles from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and only two miles from Downtown Phoenix and the prestigious Biltmore Fashion Park. All of our Phoenix Airport hotel guests can take advantage of our 24-hour complimentary shuttle service to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport At 24th Street Hotel Phoenix
Phoenix Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Phoenix Airport at 24th Street, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.